Will the 2-bedrooms at Boulder Ridge be available at 7-months?

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
I'm booking a larger family trip for June 2023 and we want to stay at a 2-bedroom at Boulder Ridge. Will it be hard to book right at 7-months?

I have a contract at Boulder Ridge but not enough points to cover the stay so I'll have to use my AKV points. I can book in about 1 month and I do see availability but will that go away right at 7-months? I'm hoping the 2-bedrooms are slower to fill...

I'm booking a larger family trip for June 2023 and we want to stay at a 2-bedroom at Boulder Ridge. Will it be hard to book right at 7-months?

I have a contract at Boulder Ridge but not enough points to cover the stay so I'll have to use my AKV points. I can book in about 1 month and I do see availability but will that go away right at 7-months? I'm hoping the 2-bedrooms are slower to fill...

Are they dedicated? Lock-offs? Did you book a part of the stay with your Boulder Ridge points?

Are they dedicated? Lock-offs? Did you book a part of the stay with your Boulder Ridge points?

I'd prefer a dedicated, but I'll take a Lock-off if it's all that's available. Which one is usually more desirable?

I haven't booked any nights at Boulder Ridge yet but I probably will for the last few nights just to be safe. I was just wondering if the beginning of June fills up quick for 2-bedrooms.

Dedicated tend to be easier to book. Lockoffs are a Studio + 1 bedroom and the Studios usually go fastest.

If you have BRV points, book as many nights as you can before the 7 month window arrives. It's much easier to book 2 nights at 7 months than a full week. Also don't forget you could borrow from the BRV contract and use those points at 11 months. Could even borrow BRV points while banking AKV.

At least dedicated 2BRs have usually been open at 7-montha out for trips in early June. Nevertheless, I agree with above suggestion to book as many nights as you can now with your BRV points. Moreover, I would make that reservation for the beginning nights of your trip not the ending nights. That way you cannot lose the room you have for any nights of your trip by anyone booking multiple day trips 7-months out from starting dates that are shortly before your arrival date.

I think they will be available. I would book as many nights as I could on the front end of the trip to lock those days in.

At least dedicated 2BRs have usually been open at 7-montha out for trips in early June. Nevertheless, I agree with above suggestion to book as many nights as you can now with your BRV points. Moreover, I would make that reservation for the beginning nights of your trip not the ending nights. That way you cannot lose the room you have for any nights of your trip by anyone booking multiple day trips 7-months out from starting dates that are shortly before your arrival date.

I think they will be available. I would book as many nights as I could on the front end of the trip to lock those days in.

Question: I transferred my BRV points into my AKV contract so I would have one consecutive reservation once I'm able to book all the nights. If I book the first 3-nights right now using my BRV points, will I able able modify the reservation and book the last 4-nights at the 7-month with my AKV points even though technically the last 4-nights are outside the 7-month window? Or will I need to wait?

I would think you would have to wait otherwise you would be able to move any contract that you own into one that is in an 11 month window to use the points. Not really sure maybe someone else can jump in

Question: I transferred my BRV points into my AKV contract so I would have one consecutive reservation once I'm able to book all the nights. If I book the first 3-nights right now using my BRV points, will I able able modify the reservation and book the last 4-nights at the 7-month with my AKV points even though technically the last 4-nights are outside the 7-month window? Or will I need to wait?
I would think you would have to wait otherwise you would be able to move any contract that you own into one that is in an 11 month window to use the points. Not really sure maybe someone else can jump in

That is what I was thinking at first, but I'm modifying a reservation and not making a new reservation and technically I would be within the 7-month window at that point for the start of my reservation...

But then again, I really don't know for sure. I guess I'll find out in a month...

You should be able to modify the reservation, once you hit your 7 month booking window. The window accounts for the 1st night of the trip and extends 7 nights so technically what you would be doing is modifying your existing 3 night stay with the first night falling in that 7 month booking window. At which point it doesn't matter which contract the points came from as long as you have enough to cover your length of stay.

Booking the maximum (3 nights) now just ensures you have a starting point that you can build from. As getting the start of the trip is vital to being able to get the continuous 7 nights.

You should be able to modify starting with the date yu have reserved. I have done it several times.

You should be able to modify starting with the date yu have reserved. I have done it several times.

Great! Thanks. I feel much better about availability now. I have booked the first 3-nights and will modify at the 7-month window.

I was able to modify our SSR two bedroom reservation (May 7-14, 2023) to a BRV two bedroom this morning, right at the seven month window opening. Both dedicated and lock-off 2BR villas were available.

Actually, nearly every DVC resort was available with the exception of BCV and BWV, likely due to Flower and Garden at EPCOT.

I was able to modify our SSR two bedroom reservation (May 7-14, 2023) to a BRV two bedroom this morning, right at the seven month window opening. Both dedicated and lock-off 2BR villas were available.

Actually, nearly every DVC resort was available with the exception of BCV and BWV, likely due to Flower and Garden at EPCOT.
when you modified your reservation did it ask you if you wanted to bank your 2022 points to make up the difference

when you modified your reservation did it ask you if you wanted to bank your 2022 points to make up the difference
Nope, but that's probably because I'm borrowing from 2024. LOL. It did handle borrowing the additional points I needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter