Will Omicron mean lower visitor numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Making new arrivals to the US self-quarantine for seven days after arrival (still being debated)

This would be a disaster to the economy IMO. They need tourism again and nobody will come here if they have to do this. US travelers wouldn't even travel out of the country knowing this giving other countries tourism they need.

Then again, that would change the entire thread topic so let me stop lol

Disney will be packed all of December IMO. Nothing will change that

Last edited:
Making new arrivals to the US test two days after arrival (still being debated)
Dumb question here and doesn't really effect me since I'm in the US and won't be travelling international any time soon but here goes.

How would they enforce this two day test thing? Say you are already in the country and staying at a resort. Is the resort going to come knocking on your door asking for your test? Are you going to have to show some proof that you took the test in two days before you can leave the country? I'm not being sarcastic or non-rule following just trying to wrap my head around how this could even be enforced.

Dumb question here and doesn't really effect me since I'm in the US and won't be travelling international any time soon but here goes.

How would they enforce this two day test thing? Say you are already in the country and staying at a resort. Is the resort going to come knocking on your door asking for your test? Are you going to have to show some proof that you took the test in two days before you can leave the country? I'm not being sarcastic or non-rule following just trying to wrap my head around how this could even be enforced.

The honor system wouldn't work. Countries that want to take that approach would probably have to quarantine guests, house them near airport.

This would be a disaster to the economy IMO. They need tourism again and nobody will come here if they have to do this. US travelers wouldn't even travel out of the country knowing this giving other countries tourism they need.

Then again, that would change the entire thread topic so let me stop lol

Disney will be packed all of December IMO. Nothing will change that
You're right nothing will change that. I think a lot of that is still from people who had to cancel trips. I am still of the mindset that travel is going to slow come the new year.

I don't think it'll make much difference in visitor numbers, unless governments go all in on lockdowns and such. We had covid before the vaccine so I guess it was the original version. We don't plan to change any plans for any new variants from here on out, it's highly unlikely that a newfangled variant is going to be significantly worse all of the sudden for us, especially with the vax and new therapeutics. I don't know about others, but changing any plans is not on our radar at all.

Last edited:

Good news for international travellers: the US government decision has been made and it's very benign for us. All we have to do is test 24 hours before flying, which is a MASSIVE relief. Our family has booked into a testing centre a week today, and we fly the next day!

Good news for international travellers: the US government decision has been made and it's very benign for us. All we have to do is test 24 hours before flying, which is a MASSIVE relief. Our family has booked into a testing centre a week today, and we fly the next day!
While that's great news and should give a bit of a bump to Disney. I'm still sticking to that by the new year the revenge travel bubble will have burst. With the way the economy is going and the price of everything, travel will see a big downturn for a while. As much as many don't want to believe it but more people are also picking Universal over Disney right now.

It hasn't been formally announced yet , just what is expected.

might be an issue with some international travel but not in probably not domestic.
Exactly what I was coming to say. This morning, we decided to cancel our trip that was taking place at the end of February. My youngest is not old enough for the vaccine : Quarantine 14 days back home for her, and it's totally impossible for us. Then Omicron is there? Testing 24 hours prior the trip? Test again to go back home, then again at the airport? That's too much for us. We'll be back (please!) in 2023!

I work in the live events field (concerts, etc) and we just had our biggest week of the year, second best in 20 years. Domestic demand is still surging, can't speak for international.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter