Will I regret never doing BBB with DD?

Agree with a number of posters.

I don't plan on having daughter do it. I am not a fan of the hairstyles and seems overpriced. We did the barbershop with my son and plan the same for daughter.

Not everyone gets to go to disney. So if my daughter feels like she missed out I will kindly let her know that many little girls never get to meet Minnie mouse or see where princesses live. I never did anything remotely similar as a child and I'm okay with that. I tried not to get wrapped up in all the experiences because there is no way you can do everything. I think the barbershop for my son had been the only extra we have done and it is a reasonable one (he needed a haircut anyway :) )

Even with everything at Disney my son's favorite is still the pool, Tom sawyer island, playground and the cars display at art of animation. Kids sometimes love the simple things just as much. A makeover in the room beforehand sounds like an Awesome idea. Memories for both of you and better looking hair :)

Don't feel guilty about it- no point in wasting money on it if you think your DD won't enjoy it.

We've done BBB twice with DD6 and both times have been "magical" for her- she's still young enough to really enjoy the experience. She loved being transformed by her fairy godmother in training. We've had an afternoon appointment and a prepark opening appt- neither took more than 45 mins. On our last trip, this was something that DD, my mother, and myself did (we let DH and DS sleep in)... I don't feel like I was missing any time with DS but rather creating a special memory with DD.

From what you are saying, I would not book it, expevially if you will return before your dd turns 12. My dd went to wdw at ages 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10. When she was 6 her and ds did the barber shop ( back when they did gel and mickey glitter) and bbb at 9 and 10. The other times we brought our own dresses and did it in our room myself. My mom and dad went with us when she was 9, I knew she would love watching dd getting the makeover as much as dd would love getting it. Dd loved it and said she would use her own money to do it again! She got the punk rock style in 2014 and a cool twist hairstyle with colored hair in 2015.

From experience -- no, you will not regret not doing BBB. Not one little bit. My DD is a bit like yours. She adores dressing up, loves getting her hair curled and wearing makeup. The hairstyles they have there tend to be ones with a tight pull on top and with her sensitive scalp, it just wouldn't work. It's also a long time for the process. DD is now almost out of the princess stage completely. Our first visit at DLR, I just let her wear her princess dresses and did some french braiding in her hair with a little lip gloss and fairy blush (a brush with some glitter on it I got through the movie rewards when the Pirate Fairy movie came out). She loved that and never once expressed any envy for the girls wandering about with the BBB 'dos. When she wore her Elsa dress, I did use some white hair spray on part of her hair and she thought that was super cool. This time, I opted to book Pirates League instead where she can do a mermaid makeover or the Empress (which is more likely) as the kids want to dress like pirates for MNSSHP. I'm very happy with how we chose to allocate our time and budget so far as BBB did not quite fit what DD would want.

Didn't even exist when I was a kid. Wouldn't have tolerated my hair in a tight gelled up bun anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter