Will Disney offer discount Dining card for DVC owners?

karen4546

DIS Veteran
How to Purchase a Dine Card
When you book a Walt Disney World vacation package at an eligible hotel, you can add a Dine Card for each person in your party ages 3 and older. This option can be added up to 5 days in advance of your stay.
Value & Price
These gift cards have a value of $40 per adult (ages 10 and up) per day and $15 per child (ages 3 to 9) per day—which is more than the price you pay for the card.
For example, if you have a party of 2 adults, one 12-year-old and one 8-year-old, and you select the 5-Day Dine Card, you’d get 3 cards with a value of $200 each and one card with a $75 value. That’s a total value of $675—at a cost of just $587.50.
Know Before You Purchase
Please review important information about the Dine Card:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disney-dining-card/
  • Limit one Dine Card per Guest.
  • Check with individual Quick-Service dining locations for program participation before redemption.
  • Except as required by applicable law, the Disney Quick-Service Dine Card is not redeemable for cash and can’t be replaced if lost, damaged or stolen without required proof of purchase and the complete Quick-Service Dine Card number.
  • The Dine Card may not be resold or used towards the purchase of any gift certificates or gift cards.

No idea if the card will be offered to DVC Members, but since it is only available to those who purchase packages at specific non-WDW hotels, my GUESS is that it will not be offered to DVC Members staying at WDW resorts.

How to Purchase a Dine Card
When you book a Walt Disney World vacation package at an eligible hotel, you can add a Dine Card for each person in your party ages 3 and older. This option can be added up to 5 days in advance of your stay.
Value & Price
These gift cards have a value of $40 per adult (ages 10 and up) per day and $15 per child (ages 3 to 9) per day—which is more than the price you pay for the card.
For example, if you have a party of 2 adults, one 12-year-old and one 8-year-old, and you select the 5-Day Dine Card, you’d get 3 cards with a value of $200 each and one card with a $75 value. That’s a total value of $675—at a cost of just $587.50.
Know Before You Purchase
Please review important information about the Dine Card:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disney-dining-card/
  • Limit one Dine Card per Guest.
  • Check with individual Quick-Service dining locations for program participation before redemption.
  • Except as required by applicable law, the Disney Quick-Service Dine Card is not redeemable for cash and can’t be replaced if lost, damaged or stolen without required proof of purchase and the complete Quick-Service Dine Card number.
  • The Dine Card may not be resold or used towards the purchase of any gift certificates or gift cards.
You omitted a valuable piece of information:

Eligible Packages

• Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel Package
  • Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Package
  • Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel Package
  • Walt Disney World Official Hotels at Bonnet Creek
  • Walt Disney World Gateway Hotels
  • Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel Package
None of those are Disney Resort Hotels. I doubt that this will be offered to DVC members when they aren't offering it to regular Disney Resort Hotel guests.

Check with individual Quick-Service dining locations for program participation before redemption.

They don't even list which quick service restaurants accept the card. When we were at WDW in December 2020, there was limited number of QS restaurants, is that still the case? It really sounds like they could buy these QS Dine cards and then find out many of the restaurants don't take them.

My guess is that these Hotels are paying a fee to access this guest benefit, like they do for all the other Disney supplied benefits

If this is the case for DVC to do this the fee would need to be paid out of dues and as such would have to be in the best interest of the majority of members which seams unlikely.

The only other way I could see is for DVD to pay the fee as part of their blue card sales incentives which also seams unlikely

Considering that this is a 13% discount or so and I would guess that no other discounts would apply when using the cards, I don't think this would be in your best interest anyway.

Now they almost every dining location that is open is offering a DVC discount and you could always buy gift cards at a discounted price from Sam's Club, etc. And end up with a better discount (if the location doesn't already offer a better discount) and not be limited to certain QS locations.

The being said, I wonder if this is a trial of a replacement for the dining plan. Start small with off-site guests and QS only and adjust as necessary and expand as time goes on if successful.

Considering that this is a 13% discount or so and I would guess that no other discounts would apply when using the cards, I don't think this would be in your best interest anyway.

Now they almost every dining location that is open is offering a DVC discount and you could always buy gift cards at a discounted price from Sam's Club, etc. And end up with a better discount (if the location doesn't already offer a better discount) and not be limited to certain QS locations.

The being said, I wonder if this is a trial of a replacement for the dining plan. Start small with off-site guests and QS only and adjust as necessary and expand as time goes on if successful.
I was thinking it sounded like a trial as well. Though if it is at "good neighbor" hotels, maybe that means it will be their "version" of the DDP- and could be a precursor to the actual DDP being brought back to the resort hotels?

The thing is though, it is not valid in restaurants at the participating hotels. I know Disney would like to get some of the off site guests dining money but if someone stays all day at the parks then they are likely not going to go offsite to eat and then come back.

I just think that instead of taking away from DVC members then why not offer this to them also?
I personally have not used the dining plan if it is just DH and I but if this card can be used at all onsite/in park quick service AND the food booths(which it doesn't stipulate) then it would be a decent value for the savings alone. I can guarantee that we spend much more than $40 a day on dining and we don't even eat at a table service every day.

They are selling DVC points every single day. I am sure it is less than pre covid and you would think they would come up with ideas to keep current members happy (so that they talk it up to their friends/family/coworkers to encourage membership) and stop removing extras and start adding more extras to those who qualify.

It's like they don't want people to stay in their hotels anymore. No on-site benefits left and now they are giving dining discounts to non-resort guests....very confusing!

The thing is though, it is not valid in restaurants at the participating hotels. I know Disney would like to get some of the off site guests dining money but if someone stays all day at the parks then they are likely not going to go offsite to eat and then come back.

I just think that instead of taking away from DVC members then why not offer this to them also?
I personally have not used the dining plan if it is just DH and I but if this card can be used at all onsite/in park quick service AND the food booths(which it doesn't stipulate) then it would be a decent value for the savings alone. I can guarantee that we spend much more than $40 a day on dining and we don't even eat at a table service every day.

They are selling DVC points every single day. I am sure it is less than pre covid and you would think they would come up with ideas to keep current members happy (so that they talk it up to their friends/family/coworkers to encourage membership) and stop removing extras and start adding more extras to those who qualify.

Just remember in order to have something like this it has to be negotiated with the division who oversees the dining.

Now, we do get TS discounts as DVC at a lot more places than before. And, maybe it would be great to add some QS locations.

It is interesting and as mentioned, it sounds like something that those hotels worked out with Disney to encourage in park dining.

Has anyone actually purchased this card before? It looks like it's just a plain Disney gift card to me, which would be valid almost everywhere.

It's not a trial. It's been around at least since 2016 when I first looked at it. It's been available for disney packages at good neighbor/disney springs/swan dolphin.

Has anyone actually purchased this card before? It looks like it's just a plain Disney gift card to me, which would be valid almost everywhere.
I have not purchased it. It's not quite a disney gift card although Disney says you can check your balance at disneygiftcard.com. You can use it like a disney gift card to mobile order.

I am not getting it as it is unclear which locations take it.
Disney says:
The Disney Quick-Service Dining Card can only be redeemed at select Quick-Service restaurants including counter service, fast casual, food trucks, food carts, kiosks and more at Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, Walt Disney World Resort hotels, water parks and Disney Springs Area.
Note: Check with individual locations for program participation before redemption.

If you follow the link, it lists all the quick services. I don't like the idea of buying the card, trying to order, finding out they don't take the card, and I'm stuck either shopping around for a location that does take it or wasting dollars on a card I don't use (which defeats the whole point of buying it in the first place.)

The cost of the card is covered somewhere in the booking. They don't give anything away for free. DVC members/owners don't get anything for free either. Ultimately it is paid for some way.

The cost of the card is covered somewhere in the booking. They don't give anything away for free. DVC members/owners don't get anything for free either. Ultimately it is paid for some way.

At a minimum it's covered within the membership itself, it's just a matter of perspective.

Mine? I paid $10,000 for an exclusive backpack. I get to stay on Disney property for free. What's that? The annual dues? That's upkeep for the technology required to support my digital blue card. My stays are free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter