Will Disney follow new CDC recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Disney releases a statement one way or the other in a timely manner. We are set to arrive Aug 8 and a mask requirement would be a deal breaker for us. Coming down from Canada is an expensive proposition, and is getting harder to justify during "normal" times. So, spending that kind of money to wear a mask half the time in the summer heat would not be something we could financially justify (heck we lose over $1K just on the exchange rate alone for a 10 day package at Pop). Question - If Disney were to change the mask requirement policy at WDW would guests who are mid-stay qualify to receive any type of refund for their remaining booked days if they chose to leave early because of the change in policy?
I doubt it. They didn't give refunds mid stay when they removed the mask requirement and that would have far more lawsuit potential if an immune compromised booked expecting everyone masked and got flipped mid trip. I do think it would be nice if they gave enough notice to cancel in any change but then they risk loosing money. That's why I'm holding out until things are stable. I would have been so mad if I was down their when they lifted the mask requirement. They would lose money though as more would cancel then rush to book in either situation change and it's definitely all about the money now.

I'm not a nurse or doctor but I do not think that heart disease, cancer, accidents, stroke, alzheimer's, diabetes are things that you can cause others to catch because you have them. I think there are many people that worry about passing covid to others or getting it from others, maybe that could be why some people worry about it more than others. But I could be totally wrong about it all.
Chronic lower respiratory disease 377 deaths per day, other diseases of the respiratory system 182 deaths per day, influenza and pneumonia 115 deaths per day.

Attachments

• 1627427819974.png
    1627427819974.png
    208.6 KB · Views: 33
Serious question, when would some of you ever not wear a mask?

I wore a mask all the way up until May, even though I was vaccinated. Took a trip to Universal in June and didn't wear a mask once. Stopped wearing one out and about at home until the Delta variant started spreading like wildfire. I'm leaving on Thursday for Disney, and I will be wearing a mask everywhere.

So to answer your question, when case counts subside, I will choose not to wear a mask. When they rise, I will mask. That is the sensible and logical thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter