Will Chip and Dale steal my wife again? W/ Pics (Updated 5-21~Part 3 Our next trip)

DSC05387.jpg

That is called Cloud Gate. Around here, we just call it "The Bean"!! We always hit Millenium Park when we get downtown. I love visiting The Bean. My daughter LOVES those fountains with the video screens. They're pretty awesome.

We ended up not going downtown this weekend. We are not very far from Wrigley Field - just a few blocks north. So, it gets kind of nuts around here on game days. (Today is especially crazy with Glavine going for his 300th win with the Mets.) Plus, Lollapalooza didn't help matters. We headed north on Lincoln Avenue and ended up at Lou Malnatti's for dinner.

It sounds like you had a great time. It was a nice day yesterday. Overcast, but not too hot. I want to get back to the zoo soon. We were there just after one of the mother gorillas had a baby - the baby was sooooo tiny. We like to go back and see how he has changed. He is a fiesty toddler now!! ;)

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I just love Chicago!! :love:

I went to chicago very briefly for a day in 2005 and thought it was really nice!! I love your pics, the reflection art is really cool!

I love going to the city, it is so much fun and there are many things to do, We want to go back this fall and hit up some of the museums and maybe go up in the sears tower. Christmas time is also fun, we go ice skating on state street. It was hard to pick the pictures to post, there were alot of good ones this trip.

That is called Cloud Gate. Around here, we just call it "The Bean"!! We always hit Millenium Park when we get downtown. I love visiting The Bean. My daughter LOVES those fountains with the video screens. They're pretty awesome.

We ended up not going downtown this weekend. We are not very far from Wrigley Field - just a few blocks north. So, it gets kind of nuts around here on game days. (Today is especially crazy with Glavine going for his 300th win with the Mets.) Plus, Lollapalooza didn't help matters. We headed north on Lincoln Avenue and ended up at Lou Malnatti's for dinner.

It sounds like you had a great time. It was a nice day yesterday. Overcast, but not too hot. I want to get back to the zoo soon. We were there just after one of the mother gorillas had a baby - the baby was sooooo tiny. We like to go back and see how he has changed. He is a fiesty toddler now!! ;)

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I just love Chicago!! :love:

Thanks for letting me know the name, that was the coolest thing in the park I think, I love seing all the angles underneath it.
Sorry to hear you didnt make it downtown. When they win the world series this year, it is gonna be a fun celebration in your town. :woohoo: :cool1: :banana: :thumbsup2

It was a great day to walk around, didnt really sweat at all, just got some tired feet. The zoo lady that was at the ape house was telling us about the apes and there behavior. She said that the way the male ones were acting it was going to be maiting time soon. After that exhibit, we made it to the one across the walkway, and I am pretty sure the male found his mate. :) Either that or he was practicing for later when the zoo closed. DW said she didnt think so, but when he got up and climbed the tree you could tell what had happened. :rotfl:

Hey Guys!!! I found you while lurking over on MissMichelle's thread, and HAD to come over and say HIYA!!!! Yours is Actually the FIRST thread, other than Michelle's that I've been able to get COMPLETELY through!!! YAAYYY!!!!

Okay....so admitedly, I am more of a lurker than a poster, until recently, yet I STILL don't manage to get around to posting after reading for hours and hours on end! :rolleyes1

I have YET to post on Dads, As of THIS POST, I am OFFICIALLY subscribed!leroys or Pams (there are more, just can't think) threads....which I go back and read, each time you all post on Michelles...it's so easy to "Click" and I'm at a new thread!!!........then I get all confused....."who's thread am I on again?"....DANG!!! Who's thread did I leave off of to find this one"......"Oh Look! That person has a link too, and they're going at the same time we are toooooo"........I get SOoooooo confuzzled, I don't know what to do!!!!" :scared1:

Tell me how you all keep it together??????:scared:

BTW...My goal tonight, is to post this on each of your threads, so I'm ATLEAST subscribed....may make it easier to keep up with ya!!! :thumbsup2

Oh yeah!!! Also!!! I EVIDENTLY don't get around these boards ENOUGH....though I CONSIDERED myself a JUNKIE before......I'm obviously SOMEWHERE out in left field.......I had NO CLUE what a LGMHPC was!!!!! Now, I have yet ANOTHER obsession to handle...Gggggrreeeeeaaaatttt!!! Planning a MISSION to Home Depot TOMORROW!!! :cool2:

The next question.....can I manage to make our ENTIRE party wear the LGMHPCs? Or just plaster them all over the stroller and myself!!! hehehehe

PLEASE tell me you will all have them SOMEWHERE on you too!!!!

Hey Guys!!! I found you while lurking over on MissMichelle's thread, and HAD to come over and say HIYA!!!! Yours is Actually the FIRST thread, other than Michelle's that I've been able to get COMPLETELY through!!! YAAYYY!!!!

Okay....so admitedly, I am more of a lurker than a poster, until recently, yet I STILL don't manage to get around to posting after reading for hours and hours on end! :rolleyes1

I have YET to post on Dads, As of THIS POST, I am OFFICIALLY subscribed!leroys or Pams (there are more, just can't think) threads....which I go back and read, each time you all post on Michelles...it's so easy to "Click" and I'm at a new thread!!!........then I get all confused....."who's thread am I on again?"....DANG!!! Who's thread did I leave off of to find this one"......"Oh Look! That person has a link too, and they're going at the same time we are toooooo"........I get SOoooooo confuzzled, I don't know what to do!!!!" :scared1:

Tell me how you all keep it together??????:scared:

:welcome: and thanks for coming out and posting. I was a lurker for a while then realized it was alot more fun to post and get in on the conversations, and through in my two cents.
We are glad you made it through the report and have subscribed. :thanks:
It can get crazy if you keep clicking on different ones, I sometimes write down the persons name and the last date that I read it that way I know where to pick up reading again, there are so many good Reports on here that it can get hard to not subscribe to more.

BTW...My goal tonight, is to post this on each of your threads, so I'm ATLEAST subscribed....may make it easier to keep up with ya!!! :thumbsup2

Oh yeah!!! Also!!! I EVIDENTLY don't get around these boards ENOUGH....though I CONSIDERED myself a JUNKIE before......I'm obviously SOMEWHERE out in left field.......I had NO CLUE what a LGMHPC was!!!!! Now, I have yet ANOTHER obsession to handle...Gggggrreeeeeaaaatttt!!! Planning a MISSION to Home Depot TOMORROW!!! :cool2:

The next question.....can I manage to make our ENTIRE party wear the LGMHPCs? Or just plaster them all over the stroller and myself!!! hehehehe

PLEASE tell me you will all have them SOMEWHERE on you too!!!!

We still have not made it to Home Depot to get ours, I hope to get there soon. I think you should super glue them to everyones shirts in your party that way, DIS'ers can't miss you. :rotfl: I am prob going to be a little more discrete and put one on my camera bag. Maybe I can talk DW into attaching them to her hair clips and wearing them that way.

Just kidding hunny:goodvibes

This is my 100th post. :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dancer: party:

I hope to have pics up tonight of all the things we bought and what we are taking with us to the world.

Almost 800 views for the TR so far, I know there are more of you out there who are reading and not posting, come out and enjoy the fun, everyone is welcome and no post is unwelcome...well DisneyDad always has some different and evil posts, but since he claims himself as EVIL more times than I can count I guess he is an exception to all rules on the DIS.

When it gets closer to our trip I know I am gonna start saying to DW when I am falling asleep that "I'm too excited to sleep" That is one of our favorite commercials. :happytv: We did that all the time to each other last year before we went.

Does anyone else do this?

We are probley going to start watching our DVD from last year and the planning DVD more, along with other Disney movies that we have, I can't wait.

ONLY 23 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!

We still have not made it to Home Depot to get ours, I hope to get there soon. I think you should super glue them to everyones shirts in your party that way, DIS'ers can't miss you. :rotfl: I am prob going to be a little more discrete and put one on my camera bag. Maybe I can talk DW into attaching them to her hair clips and wearing them that way.

Just kidding hunny:goodvibes

OMG!!! What GREAT Ideas!!!! :rotfl:

Lets see.....the ONLY time I could probably talk the guys into doing this, would probably be their date to "Drink our way around the World"- :drinking1This is on Wednesday, Epcot, through the Countries!! Admittedly, I'm kinda jealous, but have changed our "early evening for girls and kids" to a "Kids-Slumber Party- Girls- Margarita Night!!!!".....so I feel much better now! So......if you're in Epcot Wednesday evening and see a small group of guys with beers in their hands and LGMHs plastered on their shirts, hats, foreheads...wherever they end up on....you know they are part of my group.....though I don't know if I want to BE linked to them at this point! :rotfl2:

Now, the Hairclip idea...... not so bad.....I'm always the FIRST to make a fool of myself....never pass up a chance!!! I'm the 30SOMETHING year old in the Pigtails!!! Why not add MHs!!! :rotfl:

Ya......unless I get a wild hair, it'll be either on the camera bag, or the stroller.....hehehe

I have looked at the drinks at different countries but never really thought about getting one from each country. DW and I have seen the Margaritas at Mexico which look really good. But we just ate last year when passing them and were not able to eat anything else. I am not a fan of darker beers, I will occasionally have one, but not to often.

Does anyone know if the different countries have lighter beers or are they mostly dark beers. We also do not drink like we used to...:drinking1 :drinking: if we were to try a drink at each country it might have to be a sharing even. Which is also okay. Do they have smaller amounts of drinks during the food and wine festival?:confused3

Okay, so, in my experience..........

They have both dark and light beer at MOST of the countries.

I am not a beer drinker, so I have to look for the "hard stuff"....which usually means the Margarita kiosk......I personally like the poolside bar at the resorts, or whatever I bring to mix in our room........

we aren't the drinkers we used to be either.......but like a cocktail with dinner, occasionally.....and now this "drink around the world" thing for the boys.....thank GOODNESS Disney has their own transportation, cause I'm not pickin' up those boys when they're SLOSHED!

It was "drink our way around the world" or Golf........since we are all "Married with Children" we always give the boys 1 partial day "off".....why I don't know, because they don't do the same for us! But this year, because of our ADRs, the boys golf day would be cut short, or miss dinner.......Men Miss Dinner??? PUHLEEAASE! So they decided on the Epcot thingy.......

Now......The Food and Wine Festival--
WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY!!!!!

If you're lucky enough to be there during the F&WF!!! WOOOWWWW!!!!
Talk about all KINDS of different Food!!! OMG!! You don't NEED the DDP while you are there!! But be PREPARED to spend the money for it too!!!

The alcohol......one word....overflowing!!
Again, be prepared to shell out the money, but......
You can either get a glass or a sample of all the different kinds of beer, wine, mixed drinks, etc.......... CRAZINESS!!!!

And also.....this is DEFINATELY the time to have a camcorder!!! The DRUNKS in Epcot during this time, is like NO OTHER!!!

Can we say $10,000 on America's Funnies Home Videos!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

SideNote: I think I'm gonna quit posting on my own thread, and just post on everyone elses.....you guys give me the GREATEST topics to go off on tangents, on!!!!

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I LOOOOOOVE to Ramble!!!!!!!!1:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

This is my 100th post. :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dancer: party:

I hope to have pics up tonight of all the things we bought and what we are taking with us to the world.

Congrats on your 100th post and on hitting 23 days!! :banana:

I look forward to seeing what you have bought for the trip. Unfortunately, when I see what other people have bought, I feel the need to go out and buy more for my trip. I see things I think I may need, have forgotten, etc. I think I will be okay this time, though. I have school supplies and uniforms to buy and keep my head out of the clouds!! :rotfl:

They have both dark and light beer at MOST of the countries.

Now......The Food and Wine Festival--
WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY!!!!!

If you're lucky enough to be there during the F&WF!!! WOOOWWWW!!!!
Talk about all KINDS of different Food!!! OMG!! You don't NEED the DDP while you are there!! But be PREPARED to spend the money for it too!!!

The alcohol......one word....overflowing!!
Again, be prepared to shell out the money, but......
You can either get a glass or a sample of all the different kinds of beer, wine, mixed drinks, etc.......... CRAZINESS!!!!

SideNote: I think I'm gonna quit posting on my own thread, and just post on everyone elses.....you guys give me the GREATEST topics to go off on tangents, on!!!!

Good to know about the light and dark beers. I did hear that it can get expensive to try a bunch of different things, I thought I also read somewhere that you can use snack credits toward some of the samples for the F&W Festival.

My mind wanders sometimes and I come up with different stuff, I keep coming up with different things to post on my report, but I am trying to keep the stuff in some kind of order, i want to try and stay away from bouncing around and getting everyone confused. I could vary easily post more about last years trip now, but I said I was gonna show you guys what we have for our trip, and that is what you are going to get later tonight. I have to take pictures of it all.

Congrats on your 100th post and on hitting 23 days!! :banana:

I look forward to seeing what you have bought for the trip. Unfortunately, when I see what other people have bought, I feel the need to go out and buy more for my trip. I see things I think I may need, have forgotten, etc. I think I will be okay this time, though. I have school supplies and uniforms to buy and keep my head out of the clouds!! :rotfl:

:thanks: it is exciting to hit landmark posts, Cant wait to the next level after Mouseketter, does anyone know what it is and what amount you need for it?

Stay tuned for later tonight for pictures of our Mickey/Donald Gear.
:banana:

Who is going to get the 100th reply, on this thread will it be tonight or maybe tomorrow?

Really enjoying your pre-trip report so far :thumbsup2 I always find that I start reading trip reports again within about 45 days of my next trip and it's always good to find the fun ones :banana:

Also enjoyed your mini-trip report on downtown Chicago. I work there so I rarely take time out to actually enjoy it :sad2: and it's nice to see it through vistor's eyes.

Can't wait to see what you bought for your trip... hope it doesn't give me any ideas - I don't need to spend any more $$ before I leave :rotfl:

:thanks: it is exciting to hit landmark posts, Cant wait to the next level after Mouseketter, does anyone know what it is and what amount you need for it?

I think the next one is DIS Veteran. You need 500 posts for that one. I was already almost to 600 before I realized I had hit it!! :lmao:

Almost 800 views for the TR so far, I know there are more of you out there who are reading and not posting, come out and enjoy the fun, everyone is welcome and no post is unwelcome...well DisneyDad always has some different and evil posts, but since he claims himself as EVIL more times than I can count I guess he is an exception to all rules on the DIS.

When it gets closer to our trip I know I am gonna start saying to DW when I am falling asleep that "I'm too excited to sleep" That is one of our favorite commercials. :happytv: We did that all the time to each other last year before we went.

Does anyone else do this?

We are probley going to start watching our DVD from last year and the planning DVD more, along with other Disney movies that we have, I can't wait.

ONLY 23 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!

& I was going to Be Nice & post wonderful Comments about your Mini TR to Chicago...about how I liked the Mirror thingy & your amazing Pics with It...& how Nice your Lovely Wife Looked & how Ugly you were beside Her:rolleyes1 oops I meant to say handsome beside Her...& that I thought you should have bought something @ The Disney Store...because you deserve It...

But NOOOOO you had to call out Evil So I will just have to be Mean!!!!

So there I am Mean!!!!! :headache:

Just Kidding I said what I wanted To!!!!!:lmao:

:thumbsup2

Okay, I finally caught up to your trip report through another report. I'm glad I found it, You & DW are off to a great start!

First off, your dog is sooo cute! Second you and your DW are also cute. I can remember when DH & I were your age. Oh my gosh, just saying that makes me feel old, okay we're 40 something I admit it(as a side note: we sure do not feel it)! We are actually going to WDW this year to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. DH & I are one of those couples who found Disney as adults, so we do not have childhood experiences. Oh and if you noticed we do not have DS's or DD's, well we consider our furry ones our children. Okay and third, we stayed at AS Sports on our very first visit and enjoyed it immensely! I too am a big football fan, but we won't get into teams here.;)

Anyway, I'm enjoying your TR and can't wait to see what you've purchased to wear for your trip. DH & I picked up a few items this weekend at our local Disney Store for our upcoming trip. Still deciding if I will be posting a TR, if so it will be my first ever on the DIS boards!

Looking forward to your next installment!:banana:

Really enjoying your pre-trip report so far :thumbsup2 I always find that I start reading trip reports again within about 45 days of my next trip and it's always good to find the fun ones :banana:

Also enjoyed your mini-trip report on downtown Chicago. I work there so I rarely take time out to actually enjoy it :sad2: and it's nice to see it through vistor's eyes.

Can't wait to see what you bought for your trip... hope it doesn't give me any ideas - I don't need to spend any more $$ before I leave :rotfl:

:welcome: and thanks for joining. The trip to Chicago was great, a nice cheap fun day. Those are the best. The items should be up some time today, we went to the fair last night and didnt get home till late.

I think the next one is DIS Veteran. You need 500 posts for that one. I was already almost to 600 before I realized I had hit it!! :lmao:

Thank you. that will take a while to get there.

& I was going to Be Nice & post wonderful Comments about your Mini TR to Chicago...about how I liked the Mirror thingy & your amazing Pics with It...& how Nice your Lovely Wife Looked & how Ugly you were beside Her:rolleyes1 oops I meant to say handsome beside Her...& that I thought you should have bought something @ The Disney Store...because you deserve It...

But NOOOOO you had to call out Evil So I will just have to be Mean!!!!

So there I am Mean!!!!! :headache:

Just Kidding I said what I wanted To!!!!!:lmao:

:thumbsup2

I meant the evil comment in a joking fun way. :) But thank you for the comments, she is very beautiful, and like Jim says on According to Jim, I married up. :thumbsup2

We really do like your comments. Keep them up. :banana:

Okay, I finally caught up to your trip report through another report. I'm glad I found it, You & DW are off to a great start!

First off, your dog is sooo cute! Second you and your DW are also cute. I can remember when DH & I were your age. Oh my gosh, just saying that makes me feel old, okay we're 40 something I admit it(as a side note: we sure do not feel it)! We are actually going to WDW this year to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. DH & I are one of those couples who found Disney as adults, so we do not have childhood experiences. Oh and if you noticed we do not have DS's or DD's, well we consider our furry ones our children. Okay and third, we stayed at AS Sports on our very first visit and enjoyed it immensely! I too am a big football fan, but we won't get into teams here.;)

Anyway, I'm enjoying your TR and can't wait to see what you've purchased to wear for your trip. DH & I picked up a few items this weekend at our local Disney Store for our upcoming trip. Still deciding if I will be posting a TR, if so it will be my first ever on the DIS boards!

Looking forward to your next installment!:banana:

:welcome: Thanks for the nice comments. That is great about your 20th Anniversary. We think of our puppy as our child for now as well. It is good practice taking care of him for when we have children. I hope we dont buy any more clothes before we go, we have enough for each day between what we bought this year and last year. And we still each get a few more shirts while we are down there.

Loving your pre-trip so far - you guys are so cute together! :thumbsup2 I feel your pain on leaving the puppy behind...we have 2 labs that we miss so much on our trips, but they are VERY well taken care of at my in-laws house. They also have 2 labs now, so it is a little crazy when they all get together to say the least! :lmao:

Love the zoo pics - we just went to the Cleveland Zoo last weekend - it was a good practice run for all the walking we'll be doing soon! :)

About the drinks around the "World" - we like to do this a couple times on our trips when we visit Epcot. But, I am definitely a lightweight, so we tend to just do a couple countries at a time...I couldn't walk if I got a drink in EVERY country in one evening. Sometimes we start with a beer in the UK, a drink in Morrocco & Japan. The next time we might start with a margarita in Mexico, then move on to China & Germany.

Being there during the F&W Festival was awesome last year, we wish we could go back for it this year, but our AP's are only good thru 9/23 this year. There were a lot of different stands with different beers & wines to try. They had a wine flight in the US that I tried - it was 4 very small samples of different wines. Hubby's favorite was the huge Samuel Adams stand in the US - you could get your beer in a souvenir F&W Fest mug & they had like 10 different Sam Adams beers including one specially made for the F&W Fest. If you don't like dark beers, I highly recommend Stella Artois in the UK! :thumbsup2

I LOVE your photos! What a great trip into downtown Chicago! You guys are adorable and I love that your wife was carrying the Disney bag around with her showing her Disney spirit! LOL

Why does time seem to be standing still at this point????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter