Will Chip and Dale steal my wife again? W/ Pics (Updated 5-21~Part 3 Our next trip)

I LOVE your photos! What a great trip into downtown Chicago! You guys are adorable and I love that your wife was carrying the Disney bag around with her showing her Disney spirit! LOL

Why does time seem to be standing still at this point????

I'm glad you like the photos. Chicago is one of my favorite cities! It certainly got us ready for walking around WDW though. Thank you for the compliment too. :wave: That was the first time I used that bag and I was wishing I wouldn't have taken it with me because my shoulders were hurting the rest of the afternoon then. Talk about time standing still! These last 22 days seem to be creeping by very slowly.

Loving your pre-trip so far - you guys are so cute together! :thumbsup2 I feel your pain on leaving the puppy behind...we have 2 labs that we miss so much on our trips, but they are VERY well taken care of at my in-laws house. They also have 2 labs now, so it is a little crazy when they all get together to say the least! :lmao:

Love the zoo pics - we just went to the Cleveland Zoo last weekend - it was a good practice run for all the walking we'll be doing soon! :)

Thank you for your kind words. I hate leaving my puppy behind, even to go to the store sometimes! Since we don't have kids yet, he's my little baby. It doesn't help the matter any when he sits by the door and gives you those puppy eyes. I love going to zoos! We spent so much time in the Gorilla house! I could watch those monkeys and apes all day. It cracks me up with the things they do. :rotfl2:

Loving your pre-trip so far - you guys are so cute together! :thumbsup2 I feel your pain on leaving the puppy behind...we have 2 labs that we miss so much on our trips, but they are VERY well taken care of at my in-laws house. They also have 2 labs now, so it is a little crazy when they all get together to say the least! :lmao:

Love the zoo pics - we just went to the Cleveland Zoo last weekend - it was a good practice run for all the walking we'll be doing soon! :)

About the drinks around the "World" - we like to do this a couple times on our trips when we visit Epcot. But, I am definitely a lightweight, so we tend to just do a couple countries at a time...I couldn't walk if I got a drink in EVERY country in one evening. Sometimes we start with a beer in the UK, a drink in Morrocco & Japan. The next time we might start with a margarita in Mexico, then move on to China & Germany.

Being there during the F&W Festival was awesome last year, we wish we could go back for it this year, but our AP's are only good thru 9/23 this year. There were a lot of different stands with different beers & wines to try. They had a wine flight in the US that I tried - it was 4 very small samples of different wines. Hubby's favorite was the huge Samuel Adams stand in the US - you could get your beer in a souvenir F&W Fest mug & they had like 10 different Sam Adams beers including one specially made for the F&W Fest. If you don't like dark beers, I highly recommend Stella Artois in the UK! :thumbsup2

:welcome: and :thanks: for the complement. Our dog loves to stay at his "grandparents house" they have a 6 year old maltese and they play together. Hopefully he will be a good boy, he likes to tease him and then run and hide on your lap.
We might save the drinking around the world till next year. :drinking1 It sounds like fun, but we are going to try and cut down on how much we spend while in WDW this year, everything is paid for allready, except gifts and souveniours so we will see how many of those we get.

Weren't we promised pictures of the stuff you bought??? :confused3

;)

It should be up within the hour. Thanks for sticking it out with us. :thumbsup2

I LOVE your photos! What a great trip into downtown Chicago! You guys are adorable and I love that your wife was carrying the Disney bag around with her showing her Disney spirit! LOL

Why does time seem to be standing still at this point????

She was so excited to use it. When we were walking out the door I asked if she was going to use it and she was like ohh yeah I forgot I had that. It was packed away with all of the other stuff we have to take with us. It has the spots where you can put pictures in it. We might try and put a picture with that character in the spot. Like she said it did hurt her shoulder, we had a mini cooler in it with our picnic lunch for the zoo. I ended up carring it for her some. :love:

Chapter 6. What have we bought to take down to WDW with us?

Sorry Chapter 6 was not up last night, we didnt think we would stay at the fair that late. We had to stay and watch the robinson racing pigs. Does anyone else have the these at there fair?

Anyway, I left off with the notion that I was going to show you pictures of what we are taking with us to the world. Well.....After a few other pictures that is what you are going to get. :)

Even though our wedding wasn't in Disney, we were going there for our honeymoon and wanted to bring a little Mickey and Minnie magic to our reception. So we looked all over and found this to use as our cake topper for our wedding.

DSC05408.jpg

Here is a quick picture of our spare bedroom and its occupants. DW and I have collected these over the years and we got each other some for Christmas last year. It is not all of them just a few. This is also the room that we are going to turn into a Disney room when we have babies. Good start so far.

DSC05409.jpg

This is up in our office, it was made by my 84 year old grandma last year for our wedding. She started painting again 2 years ago after not doing it for at least 20. She paints pictures for all the kids and grandchildren for birthdays and special events. Our whole family loves them and is always making a request for her, the list of rules to live by was from her mother when they were growing up. If you can't read it, it says:
1. Never give up
2. Be nice to one another
3. Think good thoughts
4. Try to do better
5. Say "Please" and "Thank you"
6. Let God by your guide
Great Grandma said if you follow these everything else would fall into place. Older people are so wise.
Grandma also added her own little phrase as you can see. It says "When you wish upon a star...Your dreams come true." I wonder where she got that one from. :scratchin

DSC05413.jpg

Here is what was left in our room the first day after we got from dinner. It had balloons tied to it, and was stitting on our table. It was great that it did not just say congrats, but actually had our names on it. We have it framed and up in our spare room.

DSC05411.jpg

Okay now we are finally getting to the clothes that we recently bought and are taking with us. Of course the shirts that we have on in some of our other disney pics from last year are going with again this year, so I am not posting those, just the new ones that we have not worn yet and have recentely purchased. First off I will show you mine.
I have two polos, one Mickey and one Donald. A new mickey and donald looking mad at each other that we got at the Disney store for 4.99. Our matching color Disney shirts from the Disneyshopping website, and a very cool Mickey hawaiian shirt that I will wear to the Ohana dinner our first night. It even has donald on it which makes it that much more awesome. From last year I also have a donald shirt, and a shirt from CBR. I am hoping to get a neat one from AS Sports this year. And maybe one other 2007 shirt.

DSC05416.jpg

This is DW collection of new shirts this year, I forget what she had last year, but I know that there was a Minnie polo, not sure what else. This years haul includes a matching tanktop and skirt that she is going to wear to Ohana, it is also hawaiian, a Mickey and Minnie lovey dovy shirt. Lady and the tramp, Her matching mickey and friends blue shirt, and of course the best one that she has. THE I LOVE CRANKY BOYS shirt. Donald is going to flip out over this one, I am going to have her wear it when we go to the MK and see him in the tents.

DSC05418.jpg

That about covers the shirts. With this years and last, we will have enough for the 9 nights we are there.

Ohh we also went to walmart and got some little 3 oz containers that you can put shampoo in. This way we dont have to take the big ones and can reuse them each year.

Does anyone else take the shampoos and soaps that disney leaves in the rooms or do you guys use them there? I dont know if I should post the picture of the ones that we took last year, I might incriminate myself if the Disney police come after us for the shampoos that we took each day. I have to say it is not just disney I do this at all hotels, then we let people use them when they come and stay at our house, makes it feel like a hotel for them, or they feel like they are giants holding little bottles of shampoo. :rotfl:

I think we will give some highlights and great memories from last years trips.

UP Next Chapter 7. Highlights from last years trip.

Dan- I'm lovin' your report!!!! The pictures from Chicago were great (Disneydad is right, dw is pretty!)and I'm excited about the CBR pics!

We'll be there from the 15th to the 23rd (18 month anniversary at the Cali grill!)

Love love love :love: the pictures of CBR - but what is a queen room? I thought the only choices were a king or two doubles? Do you have to pay the preferred rate for it?

It looks like we'll be overlapping. I'll be at CBR from 9/20-27.

Dan- I'm lovin' your report!!!! The pictures from Chicago were great (Disneydad is right, dw is pretty!)and I'm excited about the CBR pics!

Thank you I am glad people are enjoying it. Yes she is beautiful, she got some flowers today because she is so pretty, they are multi colored carnations. You are gonna love the CBR, it is very relaxing, I want to go back there really bad, we are definietly going to go back on one of our off days.

In the food court you can get frozen drinks with the dinning plan. We got them all the time with our snack credits, and I think you could get one for a dessert with the counter meal as well, they came in really cool cups that we kept. I highly recommend getting one. I think I just talked myself into getting one the first day we are there.

If you are reading DW make a note of that, we need to go to the CBR when we arrive and get a slushi frozen thingy.
::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

It's been a while since I first posted here....so glad you chose my fav for your TR title....I can't believe you're down to only 3 weeks!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

You are just too cute for words...so in love with your bride!! :love:

Isn't it funny how in vogue it is now to post pix of our clothes, shoes, and other various WDW "stuff" on our pre-trip reports?? It's fun though. My DD(11) made such fun of me the other day when I was photographing my new Crocs; she couldn't get over the fact that there might be someone out there who might even give a hoot about what I was wearing to WDW!! :rotfl:

I did enjoy seeing your DW's shirt that said, "I love cranky guys!" I have the same one for my "grumpy" guy!

And a big :hug: to your grandma; how awesome is she? :thumbsup2

I love feeling your excitement about your soon-to-be-upcoming trip and am looking forward to future updates.

Kathy

It's been a while since I first posted here....so glad you chose my fav for your TR title....I can't believe you're down to only 3 weeks!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

You are just too cute for words...so in love with your bride!! :love:

Isn't it funny how in vogue it is now to post pix of our clothes, shoes, and other various WDW "stuff" on our pre-trip reports?? It's fun though. My DD(11) made such fun of me the other day when I was photographing my new Crocs; she couldn't get over the fact that there might be someone out there who might even give a hoot about what I was wearing to WDW!! :rotfl:

I did enjoy seeing your DW's shirt that said, "I love cranky guys!" I have the same one for my "grumpy" guy!

And a big :hug: to your grandma; how awesome is she? :thumbsup2

I love feeling your excitement about your soon-to-be-upcoming trip and am looking forward to future updates.

Kathy
We are glad to have you back, and that your title one. That is the one that I was hoping and kinda knew that would win. These next three weeks are gonna fly, we are so busy and the trip is going to be on our minds 24/7...:banana: :cool1:
I am very much in love with her.:love:

Of course you have to put the clothes on there, it gives people another post to read and they are fun to see what everyone got for there trip. That is my favorite of her shirts, I might have her wear it more than once, but that might be dirty if it is hot out down there. :sad2:

My grandma is awesome, she kept telling us before our wedding that it was a surprise and that we would love our gift. She is alot of fun.

Stay tuned for another update soon.

I am really enjoying your pre trip report.....
you and your DW make a great couple...........

:welcome: and thanks for the compliment. Hope you enjoy the rest of the report. More random thoughts and moments from last year are coming.

:yay:

I would like to thank everyone for their very nice compliments and kind words. It's so refreshing to hear there are still people out there like you all. It brings a smile to my face, to see that our thread makes other people happy as well. I'm glad we can share our excitement with everyone! :jumping1: Okay, enough of the mushy stuff. DH came home today for lunch and with him had 4 colored carnations! Attention to those men reading this.....You will score extra points and bring a huge smile to your womans face when you do this. It may even bring tears to the eyes like it did me. :love: I'm glad you all like the clothes. We do have a couple more tops, but those shown in the pics were the most recently bought ones.
The drinks that DH was talking about from CBR are kinda like frozen non alcoholic beverages. My favorite is the Pina Colada! Mmmmm....::yes:: They come in little plastic cups that have the castle on them, we washed them out and took them home with us. Everyone have a great evening and we'll chat again soon. Bye! :wave: :wave2:

The drinks that DH was talking about from CBR are kinda like frozen non alcoholic beverages. My favorite is the Pina Colada! Mmmmm....::yes:: They come in little plastic cups that have the castle on them, we washed them out and took them home with us.

That sounds really cool *making a note in trip-planning spreadsheet*:surfweb: Going to have to check that out.

You're getting close to the day!! I can't wait to start all my living vicariously through you! :yay:

Yes - flowers earn extra points. :flower3: My BF doesn't believe in them because he says they just die in a few days :sad2:

Thank you for the compliment DisneyDad99! That was very nice of you.

You are very Welcome...& he did marry up....But so did I!!!!!!

Chapter 6. What have we bought to take down to WDW with us?

Sorry Chapter 6 was not up last night, we didnt think we would stay at the fair that late. We had to stay and watch the robinson racing pigs. Does anyone else have the these at there fair?

Anyway, I left off with the notion that I was going to show you pictures of what we are taking with us to the world. Well.....After a few other pictures that is what you are going to get. :)

Even though our wedding wasn't in Disney, we were going there for our honeymoon and wanted to bring a little Mickey and Minnie magic to our reception. So we looked all over and found this to use as our cake topper for our wedding.

DSC05408.jpg

Here is a quick picture of our spare bedroom and its occupants. DW and I have collected these over the years and we got each other some for Christmas last year. It is not all of them just a few. This is also the room that we are going to turn into a Disney room when we have babies. Good start so far.

DSC05409.jpg

This is up in our office, it was made by my 84 year old grandma last year for our wedding. She started painting again 2 years ago after not doing it for at least 20. She paints pictures for all the kids and grandchildren for birthdays and special events. Our whole family loves them and is always making a request for her, the list of rules to live by was from her mother when they were growing up. If you can't read it, it says:
1. Never give up
2. Be nice to one another
3. Think good thoughts
4. Try to do better
5. Say "Please" and "Thank you"
6. Let God by your guide
Great Grandma said if you follow these everything else would fall into place. Older people are so wise.
Grandma also added her own little phrase as you can see. It says "When you wish upon a star...Your dreams come true." I wonder where she got that one from. :scratchin

DSC05413.jpg

Here is what was left in our room the first day after we got from dinner. It had balloons tied to it, and was stitting on our table. It was great that it did not just say congrats, but actually had our names on it. We have it framed and up in our spare room.

DSC05411.jpg

Okay now we are finally getting to the clothes that we recently bought and are taking with us. Of course the shirts that we have on in some of our other disney pics from last year are going with again this year, so I am not posting those, just the new ones that we have not worn yet and have recentely purchased. First off I will show you mine.
I have two polos, one Mickey and one Donald. A new mickey and donald looking mad at each other that we got at the Disney store for 4.99. Our matching color Disney shirts from the Disneyshopping website, and a very cool Mickey hawaiian shirt that I will wear to the Ohana dinner our first night. It even has donald on it which makes it that much more awesome. From last year I also have a donald shirt, and a shirt from CBR. I am hoping to get a neat one from AS Sports this year. And maybe one other 2007 shirt.

DSC05416.jpg

This is DW collection of new shirts this year, I forget what she had last year, but I know that there was a Minnie polo, not sure what else. This years haul includes a matching tanktop and skirt that she is going to wear to Ohana, it is also hawaiian, a Mickey and Minnie lovey dovy shirt. Lady and the tramp, Her matching mickey and friends blue shirt, and of course the best one that she has. THE I LOVE CRANKY BOYS shirt. Donald is going to flip out over this one, I am going to have her wear it when we go to the MK and see him in the tents.

DSC05418.jpg

That about covers the shirts. With this years and last, we will have enough for the 9 nights we are there.

Ohh we also went to walmart and got some little 3 oz containers that you can put shampoo in. This way we dont have to take the big ones and can reuse them each year.

Does anyone else take the shampoos and soaps that disney leaves in the rooms or do you guys use them there? I dont know if I should post the picture of the ones that we took last year, I might incriminate myself if the Disney police come after us for the shampoos that we took each day. I have to say it is not just disney I do this at all hotels, then we let people use them when they come and stay at our house, makes it feel like a hotel for them, or they feel like they are giants holding little bottles of shampoo. :rotfl:

I think we will give some highlights and great memories from last years trips.

UP Next Chapter 7. Highlights from last years trip.

I love the Painting from your Grandma!!!!!

& the Framed print....what a surprise!!!

I noticed you got the same shirt as I did....did you get the Dress for your Bride!!!!

you are doing a great job on your Report........

even if you did not pick My Thread Name:headache: !!!!!:rolleyes1

:cool1:

That sounds really cool *making a note in trip-planning spreadsheet*:surfweb: Going to have to check that out.

You're getting close to the day!! I can't wait to start all my living vicariously through you! :yay:

Yes - flowers earn extra points. :flower3: My BF doesn't believe in them because he says they just die in a few days :sad2:

Yep the days are dropping like flys. Are you guys planning on writing a TR when you get back? The flower shop I get her flowers at seem to last well over a week. They must put something in the water. :thumbsup2

You are very Welcome...& he did marry up....But so did I!!!!!!

I love the Painting from your Grandma!!!!!

& the Framed print....what a surprise!!!

I noticed you got the same shirt as I did....did you get the Dress for your Bride!!!!

you are doing a great job on your Report........

even if you did not pick My Thread Name:headache: !!!!!:rolleyes1

:cool1:

I think most guys marry up. :woohoo:

The framed print was an awesome way to start out our trip. We were going to get her the dress but I think they did not have her size when we found them on the website. Sorry I didnt pick your name, but the majority had to win, I did not want an uprising if I went with your choice. :goodvibes

Does anyone else have animals that do this?
So last night we went down to my grandparents campground for dinner. It is blazing hot and humid her these last few weeks, so we had the air cranked in the car. Well the vent was aiming right at DW's stomach which is where our puppy was sitting, he got up and put his face about an inch away from the vent and started to lick the air and was trying to eat the air. It was the funniest thing and he kept it up until we moved the vent. His little mouth was going a mile a minute. I wish I had my camera and took a picture. Just thought I would throw a quick update in there. Have a good Thursday everyone.

I am all caught up on your trip report and am subscribing now. I followed you over here from Disnedad's Pre-TR. Good job so far :thumbsup2 ya'll are just too cute. I wish I could get my DH to join me on the threads but he already thinks I'm crazy for spending too much time on here.

My DH and I had a Disneymoon as well. We loved it but haven't been back every year for our anniv :guilty: since our anniv is in May. I guess we'd rather go for our birthday's since they're both in sept (only 3 days appart).

Oh! About your dog. So cute!! What breed? I have a Maltese/Papillon puppy and she looks a lot like your puppy. My puppy also licks the air, but not from the air vent in the car, she does it whenever we blow in her face. It's so adorable and sounds so funny.

Anyways, keep up the good work. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm so jealous that your trip is so much closer than mine.

I am all caught up on your trip report and am subscribing now. I followed you over here from Disnedad's Pre-TR. Good job so far :thumbsup2 ya'll are just too cute. I wish I could get my DH to join me on the threads but he already thinks I'm crazy for spending too much time on here.

My DH and I had a Disneymoon as well. We loved it but haven't been back every year for our anniv :guilty: since our anniv is in May. I guess we'd rather go for our birthday's since they're both in sept (only 3 days appart).

Oh! About your dog. So cute!! What breed? I have a Maltese/Papillon puppy and she looks a lot like your puppy. My puppy also licks the air, but not from the air vent in the car, she does it whenever we blow in her face. It's so adorable and sounds so funny.

Anyways, keep up the good work. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm so jealous that your trip is so much closer than mine.

:welcome: and thanks for coming over, glad you are enjoying it so far. Good thing I am posting on Disneydads report, I think we are getting alot of people coming over and checking us out because of his. :teleport: Thanks for making your report so popular DisneyDad. :surfweb:
Thanks for the compliment, and we are having a good time writing this. Thats fun that you get to celebrate your birthdays so close and take one trip to cover them both.

Our dog is a Maltese and Poodle mix, he also does the licking the air thing when we blow in his face, we did it all the time when he was a puppy it drove him crazy.

If anyone has a picture of there puppies they can post there pics on here, it will be something fun until the next report gets up.:dogdance:

Yours will be here in no time. :banana:

:welcome: and thanks for coming over, glad you are enjoying it so far. Good thing I am posting on Disneydads report, I think we are getting alot of people coming over and checking us out because of his. :teleport: Thanks for making your report so popular DisneyDad. :surfweb:
Thanks for the compliment, and we are having a good time writing this. Thats fun that you get to celebrate your birthdays so close and take one trip to cover them both.

Our dog is a Maltese and Poodle mix, he also does the licking the air thing when we blow in his face, we did it all the time when he was a puppy it drove him crazy.

If anyone has a picture of there puppies they can post there pics on here, it will be something fun until the next report gets up.:dogdance:

Yours will be here in no time. :banana:

I can definitely help you out with pictures of dogs. I have 4!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

here's our Giant Schnauzer named Bo
dscf0024js4.jpg

here is our mutt named Harley
dscf0014hg9.jpg

here is our Miniature Schnauzer named Midnight
dscf0042tt0.jpg

and last but not least, our Maltese/Papillon mix named Lexie (I do not think this picture does her cuteness justice but it's the only one I have loaded onto Imageshack right now :headache: )
cimg1889gf1.jpg

That's hillarious that your doggie also does the licking the air thing when you blow in his face. It drives our Lexie crazy too but it's so silly.

I absolutely adore doggies :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Leger13, Lexie is absolutely adorable!:dogdance: I have a question for people. Is Nine Dragons restaurant food served family style or plated? Our disney guide book says that it's family style but the way the menu online shows it, it looks like it would be plated. Which is better? The General Tso's chicken or the Honey Sesame Chicken?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter