• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will Chip and Dale steal my wife again? W/ Pics (Updated 5-21~Part 3 Our next trip)

Leger13, Lexie is absolutely adorable!:dogdance: I have a question for people. Is Nine Dragons restaurant food served family style or plated? Our disney guide book says that it's family style but the way the menu online shows it, it looks like it would be plated. Which is better? The General Tso's chicken or the Honey Sesame Chicken?

thanks! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

and I can't help ya on your question. Sorry :confused: I've never eaten there before.

Looks like you have a great start on your clothing for the trip!! :thumbsup2 Can you believe I don't own a single Disney shirt??? I will have to take care of that on our trip!! ;)

Congrats on hitting 3 weeks!! You are just 4 days behind us!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I can definitely help you out with pictures of dogs. I have 4!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

That's hillarious that your doggie also does the licking the air thing when you blow in his face. It drives our Lexie crazy too but it's so silly.

I absolutely adore doggies :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Thanks for the dog pictures, good looking group, I bet it gets a little crazy when people come to visit. I have some really good ones of our dog from christmas last year I will have to post.

Looks like you have a great start on your clothing for the trip!! :thumbsup2 Can you believe I don't own a single Disney shirt??? I will have to take care of that on our trip!! ;)

And without having a disney shirt they still allowed you to post on the DIS, :sad2: I think it is some kinda prerequist that you have to have a disney shirt to post. I guess we can let you slide if you promise to get one before you go or just get a bunch while you are down there. :)

We kept trying to catch you on the countdown but for some reason when I drop a day, you also drop a day what is up with that. :confused3

And without having a disney shirt they still allowed you to post on the DIS, :sad2: I think it is some kinda prerequist that you have to have a disney shirt to post. I guess we can let you slide if you promise to get one before you go or just get a bunch while you are down there. :)

We kept trying to catch you on the countdown but for some reason when I drop a day, you also drop a day what is up with that. :confused3

I think they still allow me on the DIS, because I have spent major amounts of money on Disney stuff for the kids - especially Grace! That girl is princess crazy!! princess: Yes, I promise to buy a Disney shirt once I am there.

You can't catch us, because we are just too fast!!! :lmao:

Leger13, Lexie is absolutely adorable!:dogdance: I have a question for people. Is Nine Dragons restaurant food served family style or plated? Our disney guide book says that it's family style but the way the menu online shows it, it looks like it would be plated. Which is better? The General Tso's chicken or the Honey Sesame Chicken?

I am sorry if this is a hijack, but I know this answer and I have so many TRs I'm subbed to, I can't remember whose is whose anymore! :scared:

BUT - 9 Dragons is plated, unless you order one of the samplers that feeds 2 or 4, then it's family (and there's only 2 samplers at lunch and dinner - 2 people sampler and 4 people sampler).

General's chicken is spicy, but dee-lish!!! The hones sesame chicken is good too. I vote for the general, in fact, in September, that's what I'm getting. (my daughter will get the honey sesame chicken!) :goodvibes

Many trip reports I've read just aren't interesting enough to entice me to read beyond the first page, but yours is great, Dan. Including the mini trip report from your honeymoon last year was a good idea.

Man, I wish I could speak fluent Donald Duck again. I can still sound like him, especially his laugh and the noises he makes when he's angry, but ever since I had my wisdom teeth removed, it's very difficult to produce intelligible words in that voice. My mom, who can also immitate Donald, experienced the same problem after she had her wisdom teeth removed. Strange, huh?

Does WDW announce the dates for free dining in advance, or does one just find out by surprise when they happen to book a trip during that time period? We loved using the dining plan last month, but free dining would be so much better.

BTW, Chip is too cute (your dog, not the one who stole your wife...lol)! He reminds me of our Shih Tzu Alvin (named for a non-Disney chipmunk...lol), except that Alvin has more black (turning gray) fur than white.

Anyway, hope y'all have a great anniversary trip in a few weeks!

Three weeks!!! I'm really enjoying your pretrippie!! You guys are so cute. I remember when we were young and cute......:rotfl:
Love your Disney stuff and clothes!!! Looking forward to more.

I am sorry if this is a hijack, but I know this answer and I have so many TRs I'm subbed to, I can't remember whose is whose anymore! :scared:

BUT - 9 Dragons is plated, unless you order one of the samplers that feeds 2 or 4, then it's family (and there's only 2 samplers at lunch and dinner - 2 people sampler and 4 people sampler).

General's chicken is spicy, but dee-lish!!! The hones sesame chicken is good too. I vote for the general, in fact, in September, that's what I'm getting. (my daughter will get the honey sesame chicken!) :goodvibes

No need to apoligize, you are not hijacking. Thanks for the info. We love general's chicken, but like the bourbon chicken at mall food courts better. We might have to get two different things and share. That sounds like a good plan. :scratchin

Many trip reports I've read just aren't interesting enough to entice me to read beyond the first page, but yours is great, Dan. Including the mini trip report from your honeymoon last year was a good idea.

Man, I wish I could speak fluent Donald Duck again. I can still sound like him, especially his laugh and the noises he makes when he's angry, but ever since I had my wisdom teeth removed, it's very difficult to produce intelligible words in that voice. My mom, who can also immitate Donald, experienced the same problem after she had her wisdom teeth removed. Strange, huh?

Does WDW announce the dates for free dining in advance, or does one just find out by surprise when they happen to book a trip during that time period? We loved using the dining plan last month, but free dining would be so much better.

BTW, Chip is too cute (your dog, not the one who stole your wife...lol)! He reminds me of our Shih Tzu Alvin (named for a non-Disney chipmunk...lol), except that Alvin has more black (turning gray) fur than white.

:welcome: and thanks for joining. We are trying to keep it interesting. There will be more reports from our trip last year to come, I just have to upload the pics and type something up. I love when people can do the voice, I think it is awesome, because it is really not a normal sound to make.

I know that this year they announced the free dining, in the Spring sometime and at first it was only for disney visa card holders to sign up. Then they opened it up to everyone. It was available for a few months before they stopped it. I believe that last year it was available to everyone who was going to disney during the time. This year I heard that only a certain number of rooms in each hotel could get it, and they shortened the amount of days that it was available for by about 2 weeks I think. Someone can correct me if I am wrong on that.

Feel free to throw a pic of your dog on here, I have a few more I am going to post later.

Three weeks!!! I'm really enjoying your pretrippie!! You guys are so cute. I remember when we were young and cute......:rotfl:

Thank you for nice words. Stay tuned more to come soon.

:goodvibes

DW bought one of the unofficial guide books for our trip this year. They have a bunch of different coupons in the back. There is one for a 50 dollar disney gift card when you sign up for a Disney Visa card. We already have one so it can't help us out any. We will give you the code on the coupon and you can start enjoying the perks.

I am offering it to the first person that sends me a PM. This is how ours worked when we got it. We signed up for the card and once we were approved, we were given a credit to use on the disney shopping website, and when we went to check out we entered our code and were given the discount.

The Disney Visa card is what you can use for discounts at different shopping stores in DTD. I think it is 10-20% off. It is also used to get into the special card member only character great in Epcot, where you get 1 free 5x7 photo with the characters.

Best of all, if you have the card, and they offer the free dining again next year, you should be able to sign up before everyone else.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Feel free to throw a pic of your dog on here, I have a few more I am going to post later.

I found these two old scanned (pre-digital) pics of Alvin on my computer at work this morning. I'll look for a better, more recent pic when I'm at home.

alvin9.jpg

alvin7.jpg

I can't believe you don't have any disney attire either. Ofcourse you have kids you need to buy for, so that is a good excuse right there. We just have ourselves at the moment. :) It is now under 3 weeks! Tomorrow we will be in the teens! WooHoo!!!:cheer2:

Thank you for the info! I am going to be torn between the General and the honey sesame. Maybe I can talk DH into getting the sampler plates so we get a mix of things.

I'm glad you like the thread. DH did a good job starting it. He gets in it a little more than I do though. I just can't find things to talk about because I don't want to bore people. When it gets closer to the trip I will have more things to say. Thanks for the compliment about our dog. Your's is very cute as well. Chip had an almost all black face and two big black marks on his back when he was a puppy, now those have almost faded away to a very light brown color.

Thanks! More to come later! ::MinnieMo

I'm glad you like the thread. DH did a good job starting it. He gets in it a little more than I do though. I just can't find things to talk about because I don't want to bore people. When it gets closer to the trip I will have more things to say. Thanks for the compliment about our dog. Your's is very cute as well. Chip had an almost all black face and two big black marks on his back when he was a puppy, now those have almost faded away to a very light brown color.

I like trip reports where both spouses post. My wife is rather shy and never posts messages at online forums (Why be shy on the internet? It's not as if people are looking at you. Well, they may be looking at photos of you, but you know what I mean...LOL). Glad you liked the pics of Alvin. I'll find a better pic later. Is Chip a Shih Tzu or a mixed breed?

Thank you for the info! I am going to be torn between the General and the honey sesame. Maybe I can talk DH into getting the sampler plates so we get a mix of things.

Thanks for the compliment about our dog. Your's is very cute as well. Chip had an almost all black face and two big black marks on his back when he was a puppy, now those have almost faded away to a very light brown color.

Thanks! More to come later! ::MinnieMo

Hun you know you never have to talk me into food especially if it means that I get more food. mmmmmm foooooodddd. :goodvibes

I am going to look in my email, I think I have the picture the lady sent us before we got him to see what he looked like.

I like trip reports where both spouses post. My wife is rather shy and never posts messages at online forums (Why be shy on the internet? It's not as if people are looking at you. Well, they may be looking at photos of you, but you know what I mean...LOL). Glad you liked the pics of Alvin. I'll find a better pic later. Is Chip a Shih Tzu or a mixed breed?

Tell her not to be shy, it is fun to come out and share with people what you did, and you get both sides of the story, DW and I seem to have two different stories for everything, oh well, it makes it fun to read that way. hehe.

He is a malti poo. A mix between a maltese and a poodle.

Tell her not to be shy, it is fun to come out and share with people what you did, and you get both sides of the story, DW and I seem to have two different stories for everything, oh well, it makes it fun to read that way. hehe.

He is a malti poo. A mix between a maltese and a poodle.

That's the problem...I'm not sure if I want everyone to hear BOTH sides of the story. J/K!!! :lmao:

A malti poo...cool. There so many new mixed breeds available now that I can't keep up with them all. I could have sworn he had a little Shih Tzu in him judging from the fur pattern on his muzzle.

That's the problem...I'm not sure if I want everyone to hear BOTH sides of the story. J/K!!! :lmao:

A malti poo...cool. There so many new mixed breeds available now that I can't keep up with them all. I could have sworn he had a little Shih Tzu in him judging from the fur pattern on his muzzle.

That is the one problem with DW joining in, I can get in trouble for some stories. :lmao: just kidding hunny, there are no bad stories just funny ones.

Yeah we fell in love with the little man when saw him. It was kinda sad when we thought about it, he left his mom that morning and she did not know that he would ever come back. They say that puppies do not remember that much, but I wonder how long the moms remeber that there babys are gone.

That is sentimental enough for now.

Everyone thinks that he is a shih tzu when they first see him.

Yeah we fell in love with the little man when saw him. It was kinda sad when we thought about it, he left his mom that morning and she did not know that he would ever come back. They say that puppies do not remember that much, but I wonder how long the moms remeber that there babys are gone.

That is sentimental enough for now.

Everyone thinks that he is a shih tzu when they first see him.

awwww, that's so sweet. Never thought about it that way. I feel like it's time for a group hug or something :grouphug: :rotfl:

Thanks for the group hug leger.

Now I was going to wait till I got more pics of our little man off the other computer, but I found this in my email. It is the first picture we have of him, the lady sent us this picture to see if we would be interested in him. He is the one in the middle with the dark on his face. Like anyone could not be interested in him by that picture. When DW saw the picture of him for the first time she cried a little and said " I want him"

DSC05970.jpg

Those are his brothers, the one was already gone the next morning so it was between him and the one on the right. (He has lost most of his color, but stil has some darker areas.) When we were looking at him, he didnt want to run around and play he just kept crawing in DW's lap and laying down. We thought he was broken and did not know how to play, but it turns out that the lady whos dog it was always cuddled with him and he loved to be right next to the humans at all times. He did eventually start to play.

I will post more pics later of the little man and some really cute ones from christmas, Can you guess what we used to do to him when we went shopping. It is not mean just really cute and funny. I will show pics later.

To come, more pics of Chip and the start of a mini trip report from last years trip of what we did at the world.

Stay Tuned....

DSC05970.jpg

I will post more pics later of the little man and some really cute ones from christmas, Can you guess what we used to do to him when we went shopping. It is not mean just really cute and funny. I will show pics later.

To come, more pics of Chip and the start of a mini trip report from last years trip of what we did at the world.

Stay Tuned....

TOO CUTE!!! Yeah, I would have picked the one in the middle too. Can't wait to see more pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter