Will Chip and Dale steal my wife again? W/ Pics (Updated 5-21~Part 3 Our next trip)

:goofy: Welcome csharp7! Thanks for joining us! It's nice to hear from another girl that got whisked away by those crazy chipmunks. :wave2: I don't really have a "favorite" out of the disney characters, but I would have to lean towards Chip and Dale. Close second would be Minnie. I dated my DH for 4 years before we got married and even then he was crazy about Donald and ducks. I don't know if that was started when he was little or not. When will you be heading to the World in September?

Thanks for the website! I'm in the process of reading your camping thread and it is very good. DH and I would like to know where that campground is?

It is the Chicago Northwest KOA. Here is their site through KOA. Also, here is their independent website. They are located in the Marengo/Union, Illinois area. It took us about an hour and a half to get there from Chicago. It is a very nice campground - gated, clean, nice area, etc. We will definitely go back.

I'm really excited for CBR - neither of us has ever been (we're a bit partial to the Contemporary) but reviews and pictures look great!

You guys are gonna love it there, it is alot of walking if you are in one of the farther out countries like when we were in Jamaica to walk to the food court, but it is a very nice walk along the water and across caribbean cay. There are also hamocks everywhere.

Here are a few more pictures for you and everyone else to enjoy.

This is our king bedroom it was a great corner room.

DSC04410.jpg

And here we are on our last morning doing some more shopping walking back to our room. The walk was fun just watch out for the little lizards on the ground they were everywhere.

DSC04786.jpg

I dated my DH for 4 years before we got married and even then he was crazy about Donald and ducks. I don't know if that was started when he was little or not. When will you be heading to the World in September?

I dont think I ever told DW this story, I started a love hate relationship with ducks when I was in Disney World at about age 7. We always stayed in the campground when growing up and my dad had to rent a golf cart at least one of the days. One morning I had my bowl of dry cheeries (I love them that way) and was sitting on the golf cart in front of the camper eating them. Well along came this brown duck walking up to the cart so I started to throw some cheerios to it. Well needless to say it kept getting closer to me and I kept feeding it.

I then stuck my hand out and it grabbed the cheerio but not knowing that my hand would get that close to its mouth I kept it there. Well you can quess what happened next. It snipped my fingers and I yelled "STUPID DUCK" and ran to my mom crying. My dad has pics and videos of this he was standing behind me. I am going to have to show that video to DW. She will love it. So even though it was tramatic I think that is when my fascination with ducks came about. From what I can remeber I have liked them ever since. I guess it takes pain to love that duck.

It is the Chicago Northwest KOA. Here is their site through KOA. Also, here is their independent website. They are located in the Marengo/Union, Illinois area. It took us about an hour and a half to get there from Chicago. It is a very nice campground - gated, clean, nice area, etc. We will definitely go back.

The campground looks neat, but I think that is a little far for us to go on the weekends. Have you ever camped in any Indiana State Park?

PS I am now considered a MOUSEKETEER on my post count :banana: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2: :cool2: :dance3: :thumbsup2

We'll be there from the 15th to the 23rd (18 month anniversary at the Cali grill!)

Love love love :love: the pictures of CBR - but what is a queen room? I thought the only choices were a king or two doubles? Do you have to pay the preferred rate for it?

We'll be there from the 15th to the 23rd (18 month anniversary at the Cali grill!)

Love love love :love: the pictures of CBR - but what is a queen room? I thought the only choices were a king or two doubles? Do you have to pay the preferred rate for it?

It was a king room. I remember because I LOVED how big the bed was, and how much room I had!

Congrats on the Anniversary. :banana:

I am sorry I typed it wrong, it is fixed now, it was a king size room. The preffered does cost extra, but when I made our reservation I told them it was for our honeymoon and asked if we could get a king bed and a water view. I did not pay the extra for the preffered, but we ended up getting both. Not sure if that was just because they put down it was for our honeymoon or if we just got lucky and didnt have to pay the extra. :confused3
But hay im not gonna complain.

When we made our reservations this year I also had them put down it was for our 1 year anniversary and also requested a room that is close to the food court, I think that is a preffered location, but they didnt charge me more for the room.

The campground looks neat, but I think that is a little far for us to go on the weekends. Have you ever camped in any Indiana State Park?

PS I am now considered a MOUSEKETEER on my post count :banana: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2: :cool2: :dance3: :thumbsup2

Nope, I have never camped in Indiana. This past weekend was our very first camping trip as a family. I used to camp with my grandparents when I was much younger, but we stuck mostly to Pennsylvania - and we stayed in a 5th wheel camper. DH camped with his parents and siblings as a kid, but they stuck mainly to Wisconsin. For our first camping trip, I think it was pretty successful.

Congrats on becoming a Mouseketeer!!!! :banana:

Nope, I have never camped in Indiana. This past weekend was our very first camping trip as a family. I used to camp with my grandparents when I was much younger, but we stuck mostly to Pennsylvania - and we stayed in a 5th wheel camper. DH camped with his parents and siblings as a kid, but they stuck mainly to Wisconsin. For our first camping trip, I think it was pretty successful.

Congrats on becoming a Mouseketeer!!!! :banana:

Thanks on the Mouseketeer congrats. :cool1:

We love camping I also grew up camping in 40 foot 5th wheels, the last two had ceiling fans in them. Haha, my dad likes to be comfy. His newest one has two sets of bunk beds and two bathrooms one upstairs and one downstairs. He said is so he can take all the grandchildren with him.

You should try out some of the Indiana campgrounds. Our favorite is Turkey Run down south in Indiana. It has a bunch of trails that are in canyons that the glaciers carved out, it is a real fun place to go in the fall. We usually go around Halloween time.pirate:

Ok everyone, so I just made a different reservation for our night at Epcot. Again! My third time today! :lmao: After viewing the menu for the Garden Grill, I wasn't that enthused with the selection. Not a big fan of catfish and such. :sad2: So after many quick discussions with the DH and looking and double looking through menus of all the restaurants available..... I chose Nine Dragons. We both love Chinese food and the menu looked quite tasty. Whew! Each time I called Disney Reservations I didn't wait any longer than two disney songs. That's exciting too. I think the longest we have ever waited was an hour or a little over an hour. I started falling asleep one time I called them because it was in the morning and I hadn't woken up all the way.

Im going to Downtown Chicago Tommorrow, :cool1: Going to take the train in and go to the zoo, navy pier and grant park. Anyone else have exciting plans this weekend?

:banana:

Im going to Downtown Chicago Tommorrow, :cool1: Going to take the train in and go to the zoo, navy pier and grant park. Anyone else have exciting plans this weekend?

:banana:

We're going to be downtown tomorrow, too!! :banana: Today is DS's 13th birthday. He has never been to Shedd Aquarium, so we will be taking him there. Plus, the only thing he asked for for his birthday was to go to Pizzeria Due's for dinner. So we will be doing both. Shhhh....don't tell him!! ;)

My only plans for the weekend involve taking DD16 to the dentist tomorrow morning...

then it's blessedly quiet the rest of the time! :cloud9:

I think I will set up the Packing Zone for our trip in 4 weeks, 6 days! :banana:

I dont think I ever told DW this story, I started a love hate relationship with ducks when I was in Disney World at about age 7. We always stayed in the campground when growing up and my dad had to rent a golf cart at least one of the days. One morning I had my bowl of dry cheeries (I love them that way) and was sitting on the golf cart in front of the camper eating them. Well along came this brown duck walking up to the cart so I started to throw some cheerios to it. Well needless to say it kept getting closer to me and I kept feeding it.

I then stuck my hand out and it grabbed the cheerio but not knowing that my hand would get that close to its mouth I kept it there. Well you can quess what happened next. It snipped my fingers and I yelled "STUPID DUCK" and ran to my mom crying. My dad has pics and videos of this he was standing behind me. I am going to have to show that video to DW. She will love it. So even though it was tramatic I think that is when my fascination with ducks came about. From what I can remeber I have liked them ever since. I guess it takes pain to love that duck.

That sir is a funny story...We would Love to see that video...but that makes me old...when I was 7 there was no such thing as personal Moving Pictures:rotfl:

heres a pic for ya!!!

duck2.gif

Ok everyone, so I just made a different reservation for our night at Epcot. Again! My third time today! :lmao: After viewing the menu for the Garden Grill, I wasn't that enthused with the selection. Not a big fan of catfish and such. :sad2: So after many quick discussions with the DH and looking and double looking through menus of all the restaurants available..... I chose Nine Dragons. We both love Chinese food and the menu looked quite tasty. Whew! Each time I called Disney Reservations I didn't wait any longer than two disney songs. That's exciting too. I think the longest we have ever waited was an hour or a little over an hour. I started falling asleep one time I called them because it was in the morning and I hadn't woken up all the way.

good Choice you will Like Nine Dragons More than Garden Grill!!!!

But I hope that Japan's Teppan grill Is open by 9/15/07

Did you cancel that ressie or keep it just in case????

:yay:

We're going to be downtown tomorrow, too!! :banana: Today is DS's 13th birthday. He has never been to Shedd Aquarium, so we will be taking him there. Plus, the only thing he asked for for his birthday was to go to Pizzeria Due's for dinner. So we will be doing both. Shhhh....don't tell him!! ;)

Hope you had a good time, it was very busy down town this weekend. The zoo was awesome and our feet are tired. We took over 120 pictures. :) I will post about it a little bit later.

My only plans for the weekend involve taking DD16 to the dentist tomorrow morning...

then it's blessedly quiet the rest of the time! :cloud9:

I think I will set up the Packing Zone for our trip in 4 weeks, 6 days! :banana:

Hope she didnt have any cavities. We had our lazy Sunday today. Sleeping on the couch all day and watching movies. It is amazing how hungry you get when you are watching TV. :goodvibes

That sir is a funny story...We would Love to see that video...but that makes me old...when I was 7 there was no such thing as personal Moving Pictures:rotfl:

heres a pic for ya!!!

duck2.gif

good Choice you will Like Nine Dragons More than Garden Grill!!!!

But I hope that Japan's Teppan grill Is open by 9/15/07

Did you cancel that ressie or keep it just in case????

:yay:

Love the duck picture, I will have to see if I can get some of my parents pictures from that trip and scan them in. That was before the digital camera age. :sad2:

She cancelled it, I wonder if they would automatically cancel for you. Thats okay it gives me some good leverage to go back next year, that was the place we were looking forward to eating at the most.

Chapter 5. Mystery Chapter....Downtown Chicago Mini Trip Report!

Wow we had an awesome time Downtown Saturday. We started the day by catching the 8:15 South Shore train that runs from South Bend IN to Downtown Chicago. We caught the train in East Chicago, and we had thought that it would not be crowded at all due to it being a weekend and of course we thought we would be the only ones going to the city on the weekend. :sad2:
Were we ever wrong, the cubs were at home, and Loolapalooza (sp) was in Grant park. (It is a huge concert with bands all weekend.) So needless to say we could not find a seat on the train. We walked up a few cars and saw two empty seats in a group of four that face each other. Well there was some training lab dogs laying on the ground in those seats with the owners. I was not going to stand for a 45 minute ride, so I asked the owners if we could squeeze in the seats. I am glad we did.

Not 2 minutes later the lady came around and asked us where we were going so we could pay her. I said "we are going all the way" I could not remeber the name of the stop. One of the ladies we were sitting with started to laugh and goes if they are going all the way I'm glad I brought my camera. :lmao:

Well needless to say it was a great ride in, we found out they were take the dogs to the race track to raise awerness for handicap trained helper dogs. They also told us some other funny stories, DW and I were laughing all the way into the city. So if you are out there thank you people on the train. You gave us a great start to out day.

So we arrive in the big city about 9:00 and decide to start walking up the Michigan Ave. toward Lincoln Park Zoo. Well I looked at a map and I thought it was only about a mile, we will find out later how far it really was.

Here is one of our first stops on the way to the zoo going across the Chicago River, where the new trump hotel and tower is going to be. You can see the base of it in the backround.
DSC05296.jpg

We passed the Disney store on Michigan Ave. and of course had to go in, I almost bought another Disney shirt but put it back because I want to but a few down there. We made it to the zoo and walked around a little bit and then had lunch. The first big exhibit we went into was the Ape House. Here is DW with there biggest ape, he was eating a piece of wood. Looked kinda good.

DSC05321.jpg

DW and I going into the Africa area where the giraffes are and some other birds.

DSC05345.jpg

Here is a great picture of a lion yawing up against the glass. She was about a foot away from us, It was great.

DSC05336.jpg

After about three hours we started our walk down the beach to Navy Pier, Oh yeah there was also the Pro Volleyball tournament going on across from the zoo also. We stopped and had this picture taken by a nice couple.

DSC05360.jpg

The Chicago Fire Dept. was out on the beach doing some training drills on how they could rescue people out of the water, if they needed to before the dive team showed up. DW had her Disney bag with us on the trip, it was the first time she used it and loves it.

DSC05362.jpg

We saw some mile markers on the way back to Navy Pier, and it was a 2 1/2 mile walk between the zoo and the Pier.

This is on the end of the Navy Pier looking back toward the city, we get this picture every time we go. Looks really cool if you use sepia to change the colors.

DSC05370.jpg

Then we walked over to Millenium Park and saw all the sites, I don't remeber the name of the statues and things but this one was awesome, it was like a huge mirror and reflects everything.

DSC05387.jpg

Here is one of us on the outside taking a picture.

DSC05390.jpg

And one of us underneath it taking a picture of the reflection.

DSC05400.jpg

We took about 20 different views and angles, it was really neat.

This was a big video type screen that changed faces, and the people on it even changed there expressions, the lady on here started to close her eyes and then water came out of her mouth to look like she was spitting. Kinda gross if you think about it but really funny also. There were two of these facing each other and the picture would constantly change.

DSC05404.jpg

After the Park, we went to Subway and got a sandwich before we left. Our feet were killing us and we knew it was about time to catch the 6:00 train home. We ended up figuring out that we walked a little over 8 miles. We started to wonder how much walking we do in Disney each day, but figured that even if it was that much it is not that bad, because you get breaks sitting down in rides and what not. Our feet were killing us and we were so happy to get home.

Hope everyone enjoyed our day in Chicago, I know we did.

Up Next Chapter 6. What have we bought to take down to WDW with us?

I went to chicago very briefly for a day in 2005 and thought it was really nice!! I love your pics, the reflection art is really cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter