Wilderness Lodge Mess

I just read this:

◦The Volcano Pool is expected to be closed 7/26/2014-3/31/2015. Guests will receive free admission to Blizzard Beach while the pool is closed. The resort will be providing bus transportation to the water park. Polynesian guests can go to a dedicated check-in area and use their MagicBand or RFID card to check in. Guests will also receive complimentary towel rental and access to the beverage refill stations if they have a resort refillable mug. Guests will be notified of the pool closure and offer.

So the Polynesian guests are allowed to use BB at will and we at the WL get 1 free pass ??? What's up with that ?

The OP was talking about WL -- is that where the Volcano Pool is located? I thought WL pool renovations were planned to be done by Thanksgiving.

The OP was talking about WL -- is that where the Volcano Pool is located? I thought WL pool renovations were planned to be done by Thanksgiving.

The Volcano pool is at the Poly. That post was referencing the differences in accommodations being offered to people at the Poly vs WL.

We were offered CR alternative or discount. I would have taken GF but CR is too much like a convention center for us to feel all Disneyfied!

So we may take the discount and stay...or we may move to a moderate. If we stay...would you take your pool day at CR or FW? I haven't been to either pool...we would only go for a few hours one afternoon... our resort day we would swith to BB or something...I suppose...not happy about it at all :(

Really people? It's Disney. Do you not want them to upgrade? No maintenance whatsoever? They have to do this. Pick a different resort. For all of the *****ing that goes on, they do list that the resort is under construction. So talk to your TA. I'll bet they know.

Really people? It's Disney. Do you not want them to upgrade? No maintenance whatsoever? They have to do this. Pick a different resort. For all of the *****ing that goes on, they do list that the resort is under construction. So talk to your TA. I'll bet they know.

One can logicially get the need to upgrade. But emotionally no one wants to be the one inconvenienced by the upgrade. Surely you can understand why someone who was excited to stay at WL and had planned their trip, ADRs and resort pool day would be disappointed.

One can logicially get the need to upgrade. But emotionally no one wants to be the one inconvenienced by the upgrade. Surely you can understand why someone who was excited to stay at WL and had planned their trip, ADRs and resort pool day would be disappointed.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

There is no like button... so will you settle for this :)

I'm hoping for really cool weather while I'm there and there will be no need for the pool :)

Ok back to lurking now :bitelip:

~N

I wish we could. But, we are staying in the villas, as DVC owners. When we booked this stay, there was no talk of a pool closure. Now, there really isn't anywhere else for us to go...we based our plans on being at VWL. So, no main pool for us, and the normally 'quiet' pool will be full FP people that don't want to trek to either CR or FtW. Not what we had planned on at all. Oh...and that $50 credit per night so many are getting? Not for DVC people. My friend got 5 points returned to her....totals about $50.... For the entire week that we are there.
It would have been nice if Disney could have scheduled the pool rehab for a cooler time of year....maybe January into March. But Sept, Oct and early Nov are still plenty warm....especially Sept! Bad time to go without a main pool. And because there is no main pool, people are not getting their money's worth....a deluxe resort has a beautifully themed pool, with a pool bar. Take those away and you have a moderate resort...or even a value resort! So, yes, guests should be getting some kind of refund...I just wish we were able to get one as well. But, Disney has our money already...they don't really need to keep DVC owners happy.

at the time that we all made reservations there was no listings of constructions. Many of us myself included contacted Disney before the announcement was made. Our whole trips were based on being at WL. We picked WL over the POLY to avoid construction.

We all agree that construction must happen however we feel that if we need to plan our meals 6 months in advance then we should know if constrution is going on in our resort at that time.

at the time that we all made reservations there was no listings of constructions. Many of us myself included contacted Disney before the announcement was made. Our whole trips were based on being at WL. We picked WL over the POLY to avoid construction.

We all agree that construction must happen however we feel that if we need to plan our meals 6 months in advance then we should know if constrution is going on in our resort at that time.

This.

So. We had recieved a credit for each night of our stay. That brought our balance down to $900. The credit was applied as a payment. I just received an email with a new price, the $300 was removed as a payment as well. With the new lower price we now owe less..only $864. Anyone else who took the $50 a night credit get a new invoice with all these adjustments?

I just booked my trip a couple of weeks ago (my 5 year old daughter's first trip) and we avoided staying at either the Poly or WL for this reason. We settled on CBR but if I had known they were giving discounts or free tickets to Blizzard Beach, I may have stayed at one of my original picks instead!

goofy4tink,

Please let member satisfaction know about your dissatisfaction. I'm in the same boat (planned a special stay for 6 adults for a friend's 60th) and have protested (probably too loudly for some) on these boards. There's not a lot Member Satisfaction can do but you never know. For me, they have set more than the normal maximum number of waitlists to try to get me moved over to a different resort. I've already rented out some of my extra points and booked the Ritz for a couple of nights but am keeping my fingers crossed they will be able to get me moved over. So far, we've got a 2 BR. We just need a studio now. There may be other things they can do but it is nevertheless important for those who do believe they could have handled this better to let them know.

stlrod

Can someone please advise as to what upgrades they are doing at the WL pool? We stayed there last year and were extremely disappointed at how small the pool was, and how we could never find a spot and usually had to resort to the Villa's pool. So, we decided that we would never stay there again. However, if they are expanding the pool and pool area (although I don't know how that would be possible), I'd love to know.:confused3

Can someone please advise as to what upgrades they are doing at the WL pool? We stayed there last year and were extremely disappointed at how small the pool was, and how we could never find a spot and usually had to resort to the Villa's pool. So, we decided that we would never stay there again. However, if they are expanding the pool and pool area (although I don't know how that would be possible), I'd love to know.:confused3

I believe they're putting in a fence around the pool area, but I don't know if that's the entirety of it.

They are completely rebuilding the children's splash pool. They are also supposed to be resurfacing the main pool. I've read some information about them putting a zero entry in for the main pool, but haven't seen that confirmed by any other source. They are adding a fence and rebuilding the sidewalk around the outside. The Trout Bar will be closed during the refurb, too.

I think that once the fence is in you will see less people at the WL pool. I've always suspected that the resorts in the MK area get a lot fo pool visitors who don't belong there. And people have reported overhearing people at the pools admit that they don't belong there.

It's funny because when I spoke to guest services about moving from WL they told me the pool had a crack that needed to be fixed. This was only a few days ago. From what I read here this is not true so the misinformation continues.

Well, I got lucky-I was very bummed about the pool closure, even though we are only staying 3 nights. I love going to the pool at night and I was seriously bummed about it and the Trout Bar being closed.

I waitlisted at the last minute for AKL (I'm DVC, so no discounts.) My waitlist came through for two of the nights, so we are staying there-Savanna view also.

It's funny because when I spoke to guest services about moving from WL they told me the pool had a crack that needed to be fixed. This was only a few days ago. From what I read here this is not true so the misinformation continues.

If there is a crack then that would explain why they are resurfacing the interior of the pool. :) It doesn't seem contradictory to me. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter