Wilderness Lodge Mess

When I called yesterday to find out more information about the construction, I told the CM I had learned that the geyser and stream would also be closed. She did not deny this. I think the best source of information about the construction comes from the DISers that are there now and have reported about the stream already bring dry, etc.

Where did you learn that the geyser and stream would be closed? I also haven't read that the stream is dry. Where is that from?

I'm here right now...... The stream and geyser are still running, the work does not begin until next week, there are no signs of any work in the courtyard, scaffolding is up on the front side of woods view and from what I'm seeing, the finished product will be beautiful, repairs all have to be made at one point or another......

Is anyone at the lodge now? If so, what is going on now that construction has started? Are the stream and geyser still going? Is there a lot of noise? :confused3

We were very fortunate to get an amazing cast member who switched us to the CR park view room for no additional money.

Is anyone at the lodge now? If so, what is going on now that construction has started? Are the stream and geyser still going? Is there a lot of noise? :confused3

I spoke with a friend who popped in for me yesterday; said water features still going but couldn't walk to geyser. Also, only saw fences being built around pool area, no real construction yet.
Hth!!!

I am slightly frustrated at the credit situation -- it seems sometimes they are forthcoming and sometimes they aren't. My TA called about the credit and was told rather firmly no but now I'm wondering if it's worth emailing.

I just wish they had a flat "this is what they are doing" v. the randomness of it all!

Our TA was also denied when she first contacted Disney. She contacted them about 3 weeks ago and we received the $50 per night credit.

I spoke with a friend who popped in for me yesterday; said water features still going but couldn't walk to geyser. Also, only saw fences being built around pool area, no real construction yet.
Hth!!!

Thanks for the info. I'll be arriving on Sunday and as long as the water features are running throughout my trip I'll be happy. Too bad about walking to the geyser though.

We are staying at the WLV on rented points in October. After we received the pool closure letter, we sent a lengthy "we are really disappointed" letter back to the GM who sent the letter and have gotten no response. Guest Services won't talk to us because it is a DVC reservation. DVC Member Services won't talk to us because we are not Members.

I'm wondering, has anyone who is staying on points been able to negotiate any form of compensation? (At this point, I'd be happy with a Mickey ice cream bar and a couple Fastpasses.) And/or has anyone who has checked in since 9/3 been able to negotiate compensation at the resort?

Also, other than requesting to talk to the GM when we arrive, does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!

We are staying at the WLV on rented points in October. After we received the pool closure letter, we sent a lengthy "we are really disappointed" letter back to the GM who sent the letter and have gotten no response. Guest Services won't talk to us because it is a DVC reservation. DVC Member Services won't talk to us because we are not Members.

I'm wondering, has anyone who is staying on points been able to negotiate any form of compensation? (At this point, I'd be happy with a Mickey ice cream bar and a couple Fastpasses.) And/or has anyone who has checked in since 9/3 been able to negotiate compensation at the resort?

Also, other than requesting to talk to the GM when we arrive, does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!

In your situation (mine as well since I booked with a 3rd party) I wouldn't expect more than the BB tickets at check in.

I believe that DVC is an entirely different animal when it comes to this. I don't think the GM of the WL can do anything for you because the room was booked with a member's points. It's not the same as a cash reservation. If anything, the member, not you, might get some points back...but I don't think that's going to happen either.
I'm staying on rented points at VWL beginning December 1st. If the construction runs over at all, I will be in the same position. This is a big downside to renting points. If no other DVC is available during your stay...you're stuck.

This is one of the downsides of being a renter. The reservation belongs to the DVC member, not you. No one at Disney will talk to you about "your" reservation because it's not yours. I would expect zero compensation. If you have issues, you should take it up with the DVC owner with whom you're doing business, and maybe he or she will pass your comments on to Member Services.

We were points renters for our first three years of going to Disney. It was great because we saved a TON of money over those three stays. But there are tradeoffs with the guest experience, and this is one of them. When I started to do the math, I realized that with a good RO discount I was only going to pay slightly more by getting a villa through Disney rather than renting points, and that slight increase in cost was going to be worth it for the better level of service we'll receive and for the flexibility that we'll have.

I am a DVC member staying in October and bringing many guests who've never seen the WL/VWL resort. I had many emails and several telephone conversations with Disney over the amenities and services being closed, construction, etc. etc. Yes it certainly does impact people staying in the Villas etc.

We were offered the WaterPark Tickets and at the time it seemed like it wasn't going to be an offer they gave to all staying at the Villas. I hope they do, because as I said it certainly impacts the guests at the Villas too.

I am a DVC member staying in October and bringing many guests who've never seen the WL/VWL resort. I had many emails and several telephone conversations with Disney over the amenities and services being closed, construction, etc. etc. Yes it certainly does impact people staying in the Villas etc.

We were offered the WaterPark Tickets and at the time it seemed like it wasn't going to be an offer they gave to all staying at the Villas. I hope they do, because as I said it certainly impacts the guests at the Villas too.

I was booked in a villa for November. When I called I was offered the $50 off per night for the opportunity to upgrade to another resource for half price. We have since changed our plans and are probably taking a Disney cruise instead. You might want to keep trying because I didn't get out for the discount on the villas. I was going to be a cash guest however, not an owner.

Just wondering if anyone who has checked into the WL or WLV since Sept 3 has received any kind of compensation at check-in? I've heard that several people were promised BB tickets. Are they being given to everyone?

Just wondering if anyone who has checked into the WL or WLV since Sept 3 has received any kind of compensation at check-in? I've heard that several people were promised BB tickets. Are they being given to everyone?

No if you want the BB tickets you have to request to have them added. When DD asked they said that they were only given on request.

She has a woods view room and has not been bothered by noise at all.

Hi all just returned last night from a week at the WL . My DH and my DD (age 7 ). We had a courtyard view on the 6th floor . They started working around 9 am but with the balcony door closed it wasn't bad at all. We had a view of all the construction but the view was still great the lake , the waterfall the geyser , the boats , the water pageant and the fireworks. Took advantage of water park tickets and had a great time. Even though it wasn't in our original plan it was a fun day wo crowds and it gave my feet a break relaxing in the lazy river and on the beach. In fact my DD asked to go back. Also the boat to go swimming at the CR was fast and easy dropping you right off at the pool area( they added boats for this) nowhere near as bad as I thought it all was going to be. Still my favorite place . Still a beautiful hotel. We booked the bounce back for next year same week and can't wait to see it all finished. For all of you that are going during construction . Relax , it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be . Now the Poly is a construction mess!!!

Does anyone have any pictures from any of the rooms above the construction?

going to be there for 14 nights from October 29th and just wondering if we should switch from our usual room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter