WiFi at POR

funforfive

DIS Veteran
We are booked at POR for 3 nights and, unfortunately DH will have to do school work on line while we are there. I chose a preferred room, but am wondering if there are areas within the resort where wifi signals are better...or should I be looking at upgrading to a deluxe resort to have better Internet access?:confused3

Speaking in terms of WiFi in general, when you have a 1K+ resort giving open access to all it's going to be slow during any peak time. Personally, I would just use my cellphone as a hotspot if I really needed internet access.

We stayed at POR in January and had no problems with the room wifi. (Oak Manor)

Reports of the quality of wifi service vary greatly. Some have had no issues, others have had trouble. It all depends on how many people are using it at the same time. The level of resort has no bearing on the quality of the service.

Reports of the quality of wifi service vary greatly. Some have had no issues, others have had trouble. It all depends on how many people are using it at the same time. The level of resort has no bearing on the quality of the service.

:thumbsup2

Like he said above, it depends on how many users are accessing it at once.

We staying in Parterre Place, second floor facing the courtyard. Used internet in the mornings and evenings. Had no problems at all. Certainly worked well enough to access a Moodle application or something similar. I don't know how well it would work if you had to upload long assignments.

Thanks all...I think he'll have a few small assignments to submit since he'll meet us there after an on site 4 day "class" at Gainesville. Guess we'll stay with our current plans.. 5 weeks and counting:cool1:

I had no luck at all in PP but we were in the back facing the parking lot all the way on the right side closest to FQ. I guess it depends on the amount of ppl using at that given point.

Good luck

Just completed a week at POR (Parterre Place) and the internet quality was variable. Evenings after 9:30 PM or so got pretty slow. Also, my work laptop was unable to acquire a dynamic IP address the entire time I was there. I don't know if it was due to how their routers are set up or due to restrictions on my laptop put in place by my company, but I had to use my phone to scan for the router's base address and then manually use a static IP on my laptop.

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this, but it's something to keep in mind just in case.

Just completed a week at POR (Parterre Place) and the internet quality was variable. Evenings after 9:30 PM or so got pretty slow. Also, my work laptop was unable to acquire a dynamic IP address the entire time I was there. I don't know if it was due to how their routers are set up or due to restrictions on my laptop put in place by my company, but I had to use my phone to scan for the router's base address and then manually use a static IP on my laptop.

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this, but it's something to keep in mind just in case.

i only had trouble once durring my two night stay in september. I was on the third floor oak manor. I recall the time was about ten thirty pm.

We were there in January and I had to use our laptop for work and had no issues. You are not going to get blazing speed but it was fast enough for me to VPN into my work network to get my work done. We did not have any issues connecting to their wireless network.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter