Wicked Wind Down - Are we really not discussing this?

So I just want to clarify... if I don't want to pay the $55 to get in we won't have access regardless? I don't mind paying $55 for an app, drink and guaranteed table but I'm on property now and just wanted to make sure. Lol
I think you just have to try. I just read in a FB group where people were turned away last night when the tables were full and also that tomorrow night is sold out. That’s just from peoples comments though. YMMV

I'm feeling dumb with my question but I think I'm also confusing myself..so I've got the perfect storm going on! HA! :lmao:

We're coming in mid-October so as of right now there is no "schedule" set for us to sign up for the $55/pp Wicked Wind Down but they're supposed to come up with a schedule past the mid-August dates, right?

THEN I have to call DVC to book my reservation and then I have to check in at TOTWL sometime earlier than 30 minutes before the fireworks start - which in mid-October we don't know when they'll start yet...and then I can stay as long as I want and enjoy the drink, app and dessert??

DH and I are staying at BLT and when I told him that TOTWL was opening back up he told me to "make it happen"! :thumbsup2

and as a good wife, I always listen to my DH... :lmao:

PHEW - this trip is "starting" to cost me an arm and a leg! We're doing 2 nights of the MNSSHP, the African Trek tour and now this evil lair....good thing I'm fond of DH!
I don’t think you‘re confused. I actually think you nailed it

So will this be a paid event each night? Or does anyone know that yet?

Could it be yet another option that was free but now Disney is allowing some to pay for it to experience it?

So will this be a paid event each night? Or does anyone know that yet?

Could it be yet another option that was free but now Disney is allowing some to pay for it to experience it?
As of now it seems to go like this—

• Access is only for DVC with “Membership Extras”
  • Reservations available for $55 plus tax/service fees that include app, drink, dessert per person, no difference between kids/no drinkers
  • Only DVC with “Membership Extras” that are STAYING ON DIRECT POINTS can book a reservation (although this is under question because so many people book with a mix of points)
  • Right now reservations are only being taken through Aug 11th by calling Member Services. No one knows what will happen after that date or prior to for booking beyond it.
  • IF the lounge tables are NOT fully booked DVC with “Membership Extras” MAY be allowed up on first come, first served basis and it appears that their reservation can be booked with any points or cash.
If the above is not complicated enough people are reporting a whole mess of different stories from CM’s and very very few personal experiences.

PHEW—what did I forget in all the “rules”?

As of now it seems to go like this—

• Access is only for DVC with “Membership Extras”
  • Reservations available for $55 plus tax/service fees that include app, drink, dessert per person, no difference between kids/no drinkers
  • Only DVC with “Membership Extras” that are STAYING ON DIRECT POINTS can book a reservation (although this is under question because so many people book with a mix of points)
  • Right now reservations are only being taken through Aug 11th by calling Member Services. No one knows what will happen after that date or prior to for booking beyond it.
  • IF the lounge tables are NOT fully booked DVC with “Membership Extras” MAY be allowed up on first come, first served basis and it appears that their reservation can be booked with any points or cash.
If the above is not complicated enough people are reporting a whole mess of different stories from CM’s and very very few personal experiences.

PHEW—what did I forget in all the “rules”?
Wow- must be staying on direct points!! So do members who have all resale points (bought before 2016) qualify to purchase this?

Last edited:
Wow- must be staying on direct points!! So do members who have all resale points (bought before 2016) qualify to purchase this this?

There have been different reports so far, Anyone with membership extras qualifies to go to TOTWL. It doesn’t matter how you booked as long as you are onsite.

To book the Wicked Wind Down event, some were told the actual reservation the night you want to visit must be direct points. I have also read that as long as the points were qualified...bought before 2016…that would count for the special events,

I was told it didn’t matter as long as the membership is eligible. I am booked for the 20th, but it is on my June UY which only has direct points.

So, I think we have to wait to get more actual reports from people who booked it.

I'm also curious. The event is for fireworks viewing, but the lounge opens at 6. So if you get there around 6 I wonder if you could go up for a bit and just hang. Do they reserve the tables from 6-10? or just for an hour or so before? I can't see anyone wanting to sit up there for 4 hours. I wish there was some clarification.

I'm also curious. The event is for fireworks viewing, but the lounge opens at 6. So if you get there around 6 I wonder if you could go up for a bit and just hang. Do they reserve the tables from 6-10? or just for an hour or so before? I can't see anyone wanting to sit up there for 4 hours. I wish there was some clarification.

You can come anytime between 6 pm and midnight but they say that you must arrive at least 30 minutes before fireworks to keep your table.

I do not know if you can come and go…it’s what we are waiting to find out. Some people though may not go for the fireworks, but just as a place for dinner and to relax.

I will definitely post next week when I experience it.

I tried booking today for August 1. Short version, they seem to be sold out on many/most days. HOWEVER, there are plenty of cancellations that are coming in. And to complicate matters, because this is something new, the computer is unable to register cancellations - so cancellations are being kept by hand. The CM's have to check the sheets to see if there are any cancellations for your specific date. It was all very strange. I spent a long time on the phone with a nice CM. DW and I aren't upset that we didn't get in, we just figured we'd give it a try. The CM told me to continue checking back as there have been steady cancellations as well as bookings.

Booking is a bit... different. When I called Member Services, I got through to a Cast Member very quickly. (I called at 9 AM Sunday.)

I told the CM that I would like to book Wicked Wind Down. He had to enter the request and then wait for someone else to confirm availability. While we waited, he reviewed the policies, etc..

After about three minutes, he confirmed availability for July 25. The confirmation email did not arrive until late this afternoon.

The reservation does not appear in My Disney Experience.

Hoping it continues to our October trip. I'm not surprised at them doing a paid option for TOTWL. It looks like about a $10 upcharge to reserve your table vs purchasing an appetizer, drink and dessert. IMHO, not a bad deal.

Hoping it continues to our October trip. I'm not surprised at them doing a paid option for TOTWL. It looks like about a $10 upcharge to reserve your table vs purchasing an appetizer, drink and dessert. IMHO, not a bad deal.

I am excited. It wouldn’t be something we would do in addition to a TS meal..which we may not do every day.. but we did decide to replace one with this instead.

In the end, it will be nice and relaxing.

There have been different reports so far, Anyone with membership extras qualifies to go to TOTWL. It doesn’t matter how you booked as long as you are onsite.

To book the Wicked Wind Down event, some were told the actual reservation the night you want to visit must be direct points. I have also read that as long as the points were qualified...bought before 2016…that would count for the special events,

I was told it didn’t matter as long as the membership is eligible. I am booked for the 20th, but it is on my June UY which only has direct points.

So, I think we have to wait to get more actual reports from people who booked it.
Our reservation was booked with roughly half direct points and half resale. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. We definitely need more reports as folks start to check this out.

Our reservation was booked with roughly half direct points and half resale. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. We definitely need more reports as folks start to check this out.

Thanks for sharing. It at least confirms that the rule it must be only direct points isn’t true as you were able to book with a reservation using both!

I am still waiting for reports of how walk ups have been handled. And if capacity is defined any differently now.

Thanks for sharing. It at least confirms that the rule it must be only direct points isn’t true as you were able to book with a reservation using both!

I am still waiting for reports of how walk ups have been handled. And if capacity is defined any differently now.

So sorry, I didn't mean to confuse. When I said reservation I meant our DVC hotel reservation. We haven't booked anything yet for TOTWL. We won't be there until Labor Day weekend but are planning on booking this during our stay. I'm hoping that the fact that only roughly half our our hotel reservation points are direct won't keep us from booking this package.

Also, we are a party of 5 and when I booked, the CM said he had to split it into 2 reservations. I asked if we will be seated together and he said yes, but he was only able to reserve up to 4 at a time. I just got 2 email confirmations that showed 4 on one reservation and 1 on another. Curious to hear from others who are going before us with bigger parties and if they were seated together at one table, or at least side by side tables. I will be highly annoyed if my family is split up (we have 3 kids)!

Well, considering that exactly at 8am 60 days out back in March 2022 for our May 2022 trip to get MK Fireworks Desert party- to no avail, this is a viable option. I have NO idea how people get the MK Fireworks Desert party, as I tried all 7 days we were there, exactly at 60 days out...????
So, this might be a lot easier to get to, and cheaper!!!

I just don't see Disney not grandfathering in resale points that are eligble. If they didn't that could be a game changer in the future.

facebook twitter