Why is everyone so concerned with the new Poly tower

I'm not saying they definitely won't, I'm just pushing back on the implication that they definitely will.
At least that one end, and the parts that run parallel to the shoreline should have a view of MK I would think. I mean you can see the fireworks from that shore. Wouldn't be surprised if they do more of a scalloped design at that one end to maximize the views/balconies.

Where on Earth is everyone getting this "theme park view" idea from? Did Disney publish something along those lines? This building is going to face East, not North, and "theme park view" would be a huge stretch IMO. I think we'll see Standard and Lake, same as PVB1.

Why wouldn't they be able to do a Theme Park View? Why would they do a theme park view when you know you can charge a 21% premium on the view?

Arrow is to the VGF Theme Park View rooms. The new resort will have a clean view in certain areas of MK if they wanted to design it that way.
1664306167636.png

At least that one end, and the parts that run parallel to the shoreline should have a view of MK I would think. I mean you can see the fireworks from that shore. Wouldn't be surprised if they do more of a scalloped design at that one end to maximize the views/balconies.
You can see the fireworks from Poly 1 too, and they're still Lake View.

You can see the fireworks from Poly 1 too, and they're still Lake View.
That is fair. Labeling them as 'lake view' would probably work better with the language for Poly 1 too. I show it is about as far from the castle as Riviera is from Spaceship Earth. And they didn't go theme park view there.

That is fair. Labeling them as 'lake view' would probably work better with the language for Poly 1 too. I show it is about as far from the castle as Riviera is from Spaceship Earth. And they didn't go theme park view there.

To be fair the shows at Epcot are based on those stargates and fireworks are just extra to an extent. It is interesting they didn't go with Theme Park View there but there isn't Theme Park Views at any resorts around Epcot to my knowledge. All the Theme Park view room categories are at MK resorts.

Yes right over top of the Bungalows..... Disney already had not done the first 3 floors at BLT as Theme Park Views and POLY was only 3 floors and were directly behind the bungalows.

From the new site its all water to MK from the build site.

So its not the same.
It's twice the distance! I can see Spaceship Earth from Gran Destino Tower, that doesn't mean Coronado Springs has "theme park view" rooms.

It's twice the distance! I can see Spaceship Earth from Gran Destino Tower, that doesn't mean Coronado Springs has "theme park view" rooms.

Yet everyone still lines up at Poly for the best view of fireworks outside MK in the evening.

Additonally it's only 40-50% further than the VGF Theme Park rooms.

Again Poly wouldn't be TP for the original rooms because of the bungalows and low profile of the building.

The view from BPK is amazing (IMO) and most people prefer the poly view because it is straight ahead. The building is definitely at a better angle than BPK for viewing so I can't see any other path than theme park view rooms there.

Can't really compare to the lake view studios since they are obstructed by the bungalows. Many people do still love that view though even with the bungalows, so I think that solidifies they will be theme park view.

Am I missing something, is there something that says they need to offer Theme Park View? Couldn't they just do Preferred View like Riviera?

Also like to highlight just how much more Eastward facing the BPK "Theme Park" rooms likely will be compared to Poly2 Tower rooms (using the beachfront as alignment until we know better):
1664320690912.png

Distance is definitely much further than BPK and adding Theme Park view would be inconsistent with existing Poly1 Lake Views, which have an even better line of sight, just a bit further from Poly2.

Am I missing something, is there something that says they need to offer Theme Park View? Couldn't they just do Preferred View like Riviera?
Certainly could!

I think the general idea of this speculation is that Disney may try to juice the total resort points by adding high-points views, regardless of the name. They might mention something like "Views of Magic Kingdom Park and Seven Season Lagoon" to describe it, similar to the existing non-DVC Poly hotel room Theme Park view.

EDIT: the listing for the non-DVC "Theme Park view" rooms at Poly, for reference:
Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 4.30.15 PM.png

If Poly 1’s lake view studios are already the most expensive studio over other theme park and preferred view studios at other resorts , I’m not sure any name change would be meaningful. I guess the question is more, “Will Poly2 studios be more expensive than Poly1 and become the most expensive studio”. I think expansion, so my feeling is no.

If Poly 1’s lake view studios are already the most expensive studio over other theme park and preferred view studios at other resorts , I’m not sure any name change would be meaningful. I guess the question is more, “Will Poly2 studios be more expensive than Poly1 and become the most expensive studio”. I think expansion, so my feeling is no.
I don't know if the number of points will be higher, but they will be more expensive. More reason to believe it will be a separate association.

Poly1's LV studios are lower points than VGF2's Theme Park studios. Poly1's LV studios are higher than all other studio categories except VGF2's TPV and AUL Ocean View.

So the speculation is that there will be a new tier above Poly LV to 'match' VGF2's TPV.

Poly1's LV studios are lower points than VGF2's Theme Park studios. Poly1's LV studios are higher than all other studio categories except VGF2's TPV and AUL Ocean View.

So the speculation is that there will be a new tier above Poly LV to 'match' VGF2's TPV.
I dunno, I’m team no. You can barely see the castle from the bungalows. I get firework views, but that isn’t really the same as a theme park view…

I dunno, I’m team no. You can barely see the castle from the bungalows. I get firework views, but that isn’t really the same as a theme park view…

Just remember DVD can name them whatever they want and define what that means. For example, it could be called Fireworks view if you can see some, etc.

I also know the when building a ground up resort, they do the best to project views but once actual done, may need to adjust…which is what happened with BLT.

So, it will be interesting to see what they come up with!

Just remember DVD can name them whatever they want and define what that means. For example, it could be called Fireworks view if you can see some, etc.

I also know the when building a ground up resort, they do the best to project views but once actual done, may need to adjust…which is what happened with BLT.

So, it will be interesting to see what they come up with!
That's a good point. Maybe that is something they might consider.

When I booked TPV at the grand floridian, the fireworks were the only reason I booked that category. I'd imagine that's what most people are booking for (I could be wrong....)

They don't want to use the exact existing category, but they can -- and probably should -- call the new studios something different. Like VGF called the new building "resort studios." So, they could use lake and theme park view, if they wanted. I can definitely see calling it a theme park view, because it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter