• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why does this happen? example: Be Our Guest

I always put in an actual time when booking, not 'dinner' or 'lunch'. I think they look 2 hours before and after the time you put in.

I have been "practicing" getting a dinning reservation before I can make an actual one and the problem seems like it is always there. If it was consistent that would be okay, but it is highly unpredictable. Consistently inconsistent.

Seems that part of the problem may be so many folks clogging up the system "practicing" rather than just using when needed. Then complaints about "IT". Hmm.:snooty:

I always put in an actual time when booking, not 'dinner' or 'lunch'. I think they look 2 hours before and after the time you put in.

Sometimes you have to play with times, too. Like if you want 6pm, try every time slot between 4 and 8 because that 6pm may only pop up randomly.

I just imagine the IT head at Disney has been there 60 years and takes 8 weeks vacation. If their website works it is a surprise. Today I tried early check in, the message was missing information, but nothing highlighted, every space filled? How does amazon make a web site that always works

We just got back from Disney an had luck getting all of the reservations that we wanted and were unable to get by checking back and forth the day prior. I think we picked up others cancellations. We were even able to get the character breakfast at Topolino's!

Sometimes you have to play with times, too. Like if you want 6pm, try every time slot between 4 and 8 because that 6pm may only pop up randomly.
If you check for a specific time and it's not available, they show you a few other times near the time you chose. They will look 2 hours before and 2 hours after.

If you check for a specific time and it's not available, they show you a few other times near the time you chose. They will look 2 hours before and 2 hours after.

In theory. In practice available times show up randomly within that window. A 6pm may show up when you look at 5pm, but not 5:30 or 6:00. I've had that happen numerous times.

I make reservations Thursday. Which works better for making reservations the app or the website? I have been practicing and I cannot get anything to pop up for the hard to get reservations. Surely they are not gone as soon as they open reservations or are they? Like Topolinos breakfast, Ohana dinner, and Sci Fi.

Yep, add me to the list that finds entering an actual time works better quite often.

I make reservations Thursday. Which works better for making reservations the app or the website? I have been practicing and I cannot get anything to pop up for the hard to get reservations. Surely they are not gone as soon as they open reservations or are they? Like Topolinos breakfast, Ohana dinner, and Sci Fi.
I use the website on a desktop computer connected to a LAN line. As others have said, pick an exact time, not "Lunch" or "Dinner". Also I think that it is best to look at one particular restaurant that you really want and not at all of them at one time.

Looking for Be Our Guest Lunch on July 28th 2021. If I put in "lunch" it says "Sorry! There are no times available between 11:00 AM and 2:55 PM."
If I put in 11:30 it says "Reserve a table at 11:20 AM" Isn't 11:20 between 11:00 AM and 2:55 PM?
This has happened more than once.
I had read somewhere that for some reason it’s easier to use times so that’s what I’m going to do but you’re right, it doesn’t make sense. I have also tried to get a reservation for 3 people and it says none but if I try 4 I can find some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter