Why do rules not apply to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofyBaseballMom26

DIS Veteran
I don't always agree with rules but I always try to comply. I fully realize that when rules are made I'm not always privy to the reasons but try to assume that there are good reasons for them. So why do so many people feel they should be exempt?

I really don't understand the big deal over the fast passes.. You have a time frame during which to return... Do it or don't complain....gee whiz...:confused3

It is not a big deal anymore since Disney is now enforcing the return time. Before this, they did not so people like us (my family) sometimes returned during the time stated on the pass and sometimes we returned later. It was an unwritten rule that Disney told CMs to allow people to return late and now they don't.
The accountant for my husband's company has a daughter who is a ride manager at AK so I know firsthand from the CM that Disney told them it was ok for people to return after the time stated on the FPs.
No one was breaking any rules.

Because I a a pirate and my kids are snowflakes!

Why do you think *you* needed to start a special thread about this when there are like 50 others? Do you think you're "entitled" to your own thread?

I don't always agree with rules but I always try to comply. I fully realize that when rules are made I'm not always privy to the reasons but try to assume that there are good reasons for them. So why do so many people feel they should be exempt?

I really don't understand the big deal over the fast passes.. You have a time frame during which to return... Do it or don't complain....gee whiz...:confused3
Another FP thread.

If the point of the thread is to start arguing, yet again, over Fastpasses and to throw the "I'm better than you because I follow the rules" stuff around...again...why not say so in the thread title?

That way, all the people who want to say they follow every rule can say so and all the people who want to say that you aren't better can say that.

And all the people who think it is all extremely ridiculous can skip the thread.

Just call us rule flaunters!

We had a whole system worked out. After we ate breakfast & refilled our refillable mugs from 3 years ago, the kids & I would pool-hop & DH would go into the park & collect/hoard fastpasses. We'd use them later that evening while everyone else had to ride standby.

Or not.

:surfweb:

Maybe we just collected our fastpasses like normal everyday guests and sometimes we returned within the timeframe and sometimes we didn't. Because we didn't have to because it wasn't a rule. Now it is so now we'll return on time.

However since this is a Disney discussion board I'll come here to discuss themepark strategies including how to best use fastpasses with the new enforcement.

~Um, this is not a Monarchy, it's a forum for Disney enthusiasts or anyone for that matter, to openly express their opinions, feelings and yes, even complaints, any way they see fit, as long as it is not in violation of DIS guidelines. Posters can do it and complain! Besides, some rules are meant to be broken. It's just human nature for "rule breakers" to find a more innovative way of doing something.

~But on a more serious note, this really is a non issue, the "rules" are now being enforced and the majority of park visitors have been compliant.

~Um, this is not a Monarchy, it's a forum for Disney enthusiasts or anyone for that matter, to openly express their opinions, feelings and yes, even complaints, any way they see fit, as long as it is not in violation of DIS guidelines. Posters can do it and complain! Besides, some rules are meant to be broken. It's just human nature for "rule breakers" to find a more innovative way of doing something.

~But on a more serious note, this really is a non issue, the "rules" are now being enforced and the majority of park visitors have been compliant.

LOL a Monarchy doesn't make rules, it looks pretty :thumbsup2

LOL a Monarchy doesn't make rules, it looks pretty :thumbsup2

33verzl.jpg

4qrk3r.jpg

33verzl.jpg

I guess some of us just aren't sheep who follow blindly without question.
We try to see the spirit of the rule and apply it as we see right.
You are free to do as you like....I won't even criticize it or call you names....

Some people screech to a halt if they see a yellow light...some people speed up to make it through safely before it turns red.

As you can tell from the responses, this is a sensitive topic.

But, just so you know, it was Disney's policy to accept late FP. We were advised by many CM's over our trips that FP could be used anytime after the return time, on the day it was issued. CM's even regularly made this announcement at the entrance to TSMM by yelling it quite loudly, especially first thing in the morning.

Have fun, and don't be shy to ask questions to clarify Disney policy.

Do you realize that an estimated 1000 combined pages already exist right here on the Dis on this very subject? :confused3

Do you realize that an estimated 1000 combined pages already exist right here on the Dis on this very subject? :confused3

Do you realize that this is the Dis, and the quota for hot button topics is at least 2000 ? We're only halfway there ! :laughing:

Unlike others. I will not :dancer: aorund the question, that you put forth in the title of this Thread.

I will answer it succinctly for you.

Do you know who I am?
Enough...said. :lmao:

Because I'm an original Disney-Pixar character and rules don't really apply to me. :snooty: When you're the talent you can pretty much do what you want. ;)

I don't even bother with FP. I just head for a ride and a CM starts clearing people out of the way for me. It's awesome!! :thumbsup2

I guess some of us just aren't sheep who follow blindly without question.
We try to see the spirit of the rule and apply it as we see right.

:thumbsup2

OP, you may be shocked to hear that some people take pride in thinking for themselves.

With the amount of people that visit WDW every year you will always get a small amount people who 'flaunt the rules'. That's up to them and not my business.

I don't let these people bother me, it's not my job to police these rules. I get over it, enjoy my vacation and ride rides till I drop. If you let everyone who ignored rules bother you, you wouldn't have time to enjoy WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter