Why do rules not apply to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you remember the end of that old movie? "Teacher says: Every time a fast pass is used late, a fairy loses her wings." sheesh.

I guess that's better losing her LIFE! Man, let's hope Tink doesn't read here......

Not at all. I did not call out anyone. Some people are sheep and some are not. I trust they can all decide for themselves if they are or aren't.
On the other hand, there have been two relatively new posters to these boards who have openly and directly called me many names - you did not hear me complain, I did not report their posts....the fact is I really do not care what they call me or what they think of me. I follow my own moral compass and if someone else wants to decide that I am immoral or have an attitude of entitlement, they are free to think that.

Are you suggesting that people who obey rules and laws are stupid sheep and rule breakers are smart? Is this a joke? BTW, I am not even talking about FP right now, but the very reference to rules followers as sheep is totally off IMO.

LOL! And THIS..... is why I can't resist reading these threads. :laughing:

But seriously......... it thought it was kittens that die. Now I find out it's fairies. What to do.... what to do.........

But the really bad news is you can't pick which fairy.... I'd pick Rosetta, she just rubs me the wrong way.

Don't you remember the end of that old movie? "Teacher says: Every time a fast pass is used late, a fairy loses her wings." sheesh.

Like there aren't plenty of bugs in Florida, now we have to worry about falling fairies-UGH!

Are you suggesting that people who obey rules and laws are stupid sheep and rule breakers are smart? Is this a joke? BTW, I am not even talking about FP right now, but the very reference to rules followers as sheep is totally off IMO.

I took it to be more a statement about people who adhere stringently to the letter of the rule and with no allowance for different practical applications deemed appropriate by management.

LOL! And THIS..... is why I can't resist reading these threads. :laughing:

But seriously......... it thought it was kittens that die. Now I find out it's fairies. What to do.... what to do.........

I was told by my top secret insider source that knows everything disney past and future (which includes way more than even people with over 5000 posts know) that it is most assuredly fairies who die and not kittens - although i can't vouch for what happens if you pool hop or try and trade second rate pins you bought on ebay.

First, I never used the words stupid or smart, you injected those.
Second, IMO, people who follow a rule regardless of the situation, the intent of the rule or the importance of the rule, simply because it is a rule....are acting like sheep...that's what sheep do. they follow blindly. Not necessarily a bad thing, if it's what you're comfortable doing. But I'm not.
I'm ok with you following the letter of the law on every level in every aspect of your life. I'm also comfortable with you (the collective you...not you specifically) saying you do not like me or respect me or whatever because I do not share your passion for rule following.
We are, however, on a message board. So if we're all voicing our opinions, I will voice mine as well.
So, in short, no, I never called anyone stupid. There are a few individuals who I believe are quite rude, but it's not important enough to me to call them out on it

Like there aren't plenty of bugs in Florida, now we have to worry about falling fairies-UGH!

But the really bad news is you can't pick which fairy.... I'd pick Rosetta, she just rubs me the wrong way.

I was told by my top secret insider source that knows everything disney past and future (which includes way more than even people with over 5000 posts know) that it is most assuredly fairies who die and not kittens - although i can't vouch for what happens if you pool hop or try and trade second rate pins you bought on ebay.

And to think that I had little hope for this thread when I first read it this morning. Turns out it was my favorite today. And it didn't even have to pull an April Fool's gag to do it.

Wait a minute...... that whole "fairies dying" thing. That wasn't an April Fool's gag...... was it??????????

I'm not sure what *she* was saying - but I will say people who mindlessly do what they are told in every situation could quite fairly be called sheep.

I am kind of a rule follower - I speed but not tons, and I slow down for yellow lights, I don't try and speed through. I wouldn't try and get my kid on a ride that she wasn't tall enough for as it is a safety issue, and I have no desire to pool hop. I always wear my seat belt and won't start my car til everyone else has theirs on too.

When it was OK with Disney to use fastpasses late - I did that - and I will miss that freedom. Also - If I made two trips to disney in one year and they were still selling the same mugs, I would use my old one. AND I made an appointment for the pirate league for my daughter who will be 2 weeks shy of 3 - and I lied and said she was 3. So I guess I must be a bit of a rule breaker too.

I would call people sheep if they didn't appear to be able to think for themselves. I would call people obstinate and tedious if they were constantly looking to fight with people over trivial things that don't affect them whatsoever.

eta - I would theoretically use the same mug - but I have never been lucky enough to go twice in one year.

And to think that I had little hope for this thread when I first read it this morning. Turns out it was my favorite today. And it didn't even have to pull an April Fool's gag to do it.

Wait a minute...... that whole "fairies dying" thing. That wasn't an April Fool's gag...... was it??????????

DO you really think I would joke about dead fairies?

I'm not sure what *she* was saying - but I will say people who mindlessly do what they are told in every situation could quite fairly be called sheep.

I am kind of a rule follower - I speed but not tons, and I slow down for yellow lights, I don't try and speed through. I wouldn't try and get my kid on a ride that she wasn't tall enough for as it is a safety issue, and I have no desire to pool hop. I always wear my seat belt and won't start my car til everyone else has theirs on too.

When it was OK with Disney to use fastpasses late - I did that - and I will miss that freedom. Also - If I made two trips to disney in one year and they were still selling the same mugs, I would use my old one. AND I made an appointment for the pirate league for my daughter who will be 2 weeks shy of 3 - and I lied and said she was 3. So I guess I must be a bit of a rule breaker too.

I would call people sheep if they didn't appear to be able to think for themselves. I would call people obstinate and tedious if they were constantly looking to fight with people over trivial things that don't affect them whatsoever.

I'm an even bigger rule breaker! I've eaten yogurt 3 days after It expired!
And that tag on my mattress? I cut it off! How dare they tell me I can't remove a tag on my own mattress!

Well, in all fairness.... you DID offer to rent your baby. :laughing:

Funny - I thought of that same thing when I posted that. In my defense though - she'll be almost 3 so she's not really a baby - AND Disney is really expensive and those adult sized Mary Poppins outfits are $$$
Plus she has an adventurous spirit AND she is street smart.

;) No one clapped, people using fast passes late, thus the fall of the fairies.
Have to say that I alone am personally responsible for hundreds of fairies biting the dust.

Funny - I thought of that same thing when I posted that. In my defense though - she'll be almost 3 so she's not really a baby - AND Disney is really expensive and those adult sized Mary Poppins outfits are $$$
Plus she has an adventurous spirit AND she is street smart.

Wow, she has an adventurous spirit and she's street smart-that girl is the total package!

I'm pretty sure I learned a LONG time ago, like sometime in late Elementary school or thereabouts, that I should do what I think is right without regard to what others think is right, especially if their actions do not affect me. Because, if I worry about what others think is right or wrong, and it happens to be different than what I believe, then I'm going to go absolutely insane EVERY time I see someone run a yellow light that I chose not to run, or when someone passes me going 5 miles faster than the speed I choose to go. But, I choose not to get upset about such things. If they get caught breaking the law, then that's their problem, and I will probably laugh if I happen to be witness to it. But I'm certainly not going to let it ruin my day if they don't. In the case of fast passes, it's kinda like those people "got caught" and can't do it anymore. But still, that doesn't affect me, so I really don't care.

It always surprises me when I read posts from people, especially adults, who are offended/upset that others think something is right that they personally believe is wrong, or vice versa, and try to change their beliefs by venting their frustrations on a forum. Now, I'm not against venting frustrations on forums, but when the intent of the post is to make people feel badly for doing something that the OP thinks is wrong, or people who reply to the thread call others names or use other forms of insult, I just shake my head.

If my safety was a concern, that would be a different story. But, I'm pretty sure that if someone chooses to use a fast pass 1 minute, or God forbid 1 hour, after the window has expired, I'm not going to wind up in the hospital with a broken leg or worse. Therefore, I'm not worried about what someone else chooses to do. And people who do worry about such things always make me wonder how they didn't learn that same lesson YEARS ago. :confused:

Personally, I think a whole lot of nice sheep are being unfairly insulted in this thread.

First, I never used the words stupid or smart, you injected those.
Second, IMO, people who follow a rule regardless of the situation, the intent of the rule or the importance of the rule, simply because it is a rule....are acting like sheep...that's what sheep do. they follow blindly. Not necessarily a bad thing, if it's what you're comfortable doing. But I'm not.
I'm ok with you following the letter of the law on every level in every aspect of your life. I'm also comfortable with you (the collective you...not you specifically) saying you do not like me or respect me or whatever because I do not share your passion for rule following.
We are, however, on a message board. So if we're all voicing our opinions, I will voice mine as well.
So, in short, no, I never called anyone stupid. There are a few individuals who I believe are quite rude, but it's not important enough to me to call them out on it

Thanks for this post! I haven't had this good a laugh in a long time. This really is good.

Thanks for this post! I haven't had this good a laugh in a long time. This really is good.

Yes, because we all know every rule we encounter in life must be followed unconditionally without question. pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter