Why didn't I book? Now booked!!

Well after more than 2 weeks of looking I am considering paying £546pp for indirect. More than I have ever paid for a flight.:scared1: London is a bit cheaper but only by £60pp so not worth the trail.
Only good points they are perfect times get to Tampa for 5:30pm and with Continental so can claim Virgin airmiles.
Virgin want £1,038 from Man £928 Gat.

Makes indirect Biz class at £1,000 look cheap but didn't want to spend so much on our Easter trip.
Will not be happy pressing buy now a £546.

Are you all booked now?? and what happened to having only one trip a year... :lmao:

Are you all booked now?? and what happened to having only one trip a year... :lmao:

Its too far to August.:rotfl2:

We were thinking about Matt and his exams but he still has 6 weeks after we return then has 10 days off in May before rest of his exams.
A lot of his year are in New York over Easter on school excursion so they certainly don't think its a revision holiday.

I know people booked around £350 for these dates months ago. Can't win every trip.

And ain't that just the best way to look at it :)

I just realised that my gap between visits is even shorter than yours this time .... got back last Tuesday and go again on 10th Jan :woohoo: November trip is with friends and is very sociable whereas Jan is just with DH and will be totally different but still a chance to escape the greyness of a UK winter :goodvibes.

I'll be following this thread to see when you've actually 'pulled the trigger'!

What about waiting for the Christmas sales.

I'm sure there is a website somewhere where you can see how many seats are available on each flight. Might be worth a look. Someone over on the DIBB crabbie I think looks at it to see if the flight is full.

What about waiting for the Christmas sales.

I'm sure there is a website somewhere where you can see how many seats are available on each flight. Might be worth a look. Someone over on the DIBB crabbie I think looks at it to see if the flight is full.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

think you mean Cabbie!

thread is here

Its too far to August.:rotfl2:

We were thinking about Matt and his exams but he still has 6 weeks after we return then has 10 days off in May before rest of his exams.
A lot of his year are in New York over Easter on school excursion so they certainly don't think its a revision holiday.

Hi Wayne,

Refuse to pay school holiday prices again so thinking of heading out there again after GCSE's are finished in 2011 ...... Do you have any idea when your lad finishes his exams next year?

Sharon

Hi Wayne,

Refuse to pay school holiday prices again so thinking of heading out there again after GCSE's are finished in 2011 ...... Do you have any idea when your lad finishes his exams next year?

Sharon

GCSE's tend to finish towards the end of June, tho obviously depending on what subjects you take you may be finished earlier or just finishing slightly later.
They're definitely all over by the first week of July so that may be a good time to go, just before the Scottish schools break up :)

:goodvibes

Luke beat me to it.
We did consider going after his exmas but 2 reasons we are not.
1, its main US holiday time, later it gets in August the quieter it gets, the last week of our trip should be walk on rides if anything like this year.
2, Free DDP doesn't start until 1st August.

I still have not booked Easter, went to book midweek, gone up to £650pp no way am I paying that for indirect, would rather not go.

Wayne,
There is a post on thedibb today mentioning easter flights with Continental via expedia for between £350 - £400

GCSE's tend to finish towards the end of June, tho obviously depending on what subjects you take you may be finished earlier or just finishing slightly later.
They're definitely all over by the first week of July so that may be a good time to go, just before the Scottish schools break up :)

:goodvibes

Scottish schools break up at the end of June. I teach near Glasgow and finish this session on Friday 25th June 2010, however my nieces work for Aberdeen and Fife and I think don't finish until the next week.

Mrs TT :santa:

Wayne,
There is a post on thedibb today mentioning easter flights with Continental via expedia for between £350 - £400

Karen (welshwiz) told me about them when she book a few days ago but I couldn't find anything for our dates, the dates she booked were 28/3/10 to 12/4/10 not quite Easter school dates around here.
Thanks for trying to help though.:thumbsup2

Thanks for your help guys ..... Looks like I may need to pay August prices again after all.

Had hoped to bag a couple of free flights and use some of my Virgin Miles but forgot about the American and Scottish holiday period.

After weeks of searching I have eventually booked this evening. Still couldn't get anything under £630pp indirect from Manchester(with reasonable flight times)
Saw some on Netflights from Heathrow with NWA for £394, exactly same route we did Oct 08. Almost booked them but return flight was only 40 min connection so opted for an earlier flight from MCO, added £30pp. After cashback cost £420pp
Last time we flew with them they were the best Transatlantic flights we have done but they have now merged with Delta.
Still not sure if its a price error, No-one else seems to have them, Ebookers have other times from £527pp, NWA direct (same times)are £658pp
Just waiting email confirmation now, fingers crossed.

After weeks of searching I have eventually booked this evening. Still couldn't get anything under £630pp indirect from Manchester(with reasonable flight times)
Saw some on Netflights from Heathrow with NWA for £394, exactly same route we did Oct 08. Almost booked them but return flight was only 40 min connection so opted for an earlier flight from MCO, added £30pp. After cashback cost £420pp
Last time we flew with them they were the best Transatlantic flights we have done but they have now merged with Delta.
Still not sure if its a price error, No-one else seems to have them, Ebookers have other times from £527pp, NWA direct (same times)are £658pp

well done Wayne! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

are you flying over Detroit? if the flight is over detroit, it will probably still be NWA planes (their flagship airbus)...
but even if it's delta, internationally they're pretty good...
in any case, at that rate, you really can't lose..

Yes its into Detroit, I think you gave me advice when we did the same route Oct 08. We loved NWA. The crew were amazing, new plane with latest IFE. Not so thrilled with Delta economy but I don't mind we will sleep most of it.

Yes its into Detroit, I think you gave me advice when we did the same route Oct 08. We loved NWA. The crew were amazing, new plane with latest IFE. Not so thrilled with Delta economy but I don't mind we will sleep most of it.

well hopefully, when you fly, it will still be the NWA planes (although possibly painted in delta colors)....
they're supposed to leave things pretty much untouched in terms NWA vs delta, so it may be ok.......although everything in the detroit airport is now labelled "delta"....kinda weird and very sad....
but i'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll get the NWA airbus on your flight...

i really like the airport in detroit...but you're a detroit veteran now...:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter