Why can’t I book a cruise that shows availability?

Fladis32

Mouseketeer
I am trying to book a Disney Cruise this month that shows lots of availability. I am trying to book a cabin for 3. Hubby, adult kid, and I. It says there is no availability for my party size? Does anyone know why that would happen on a cruise that shows multiple categories open?

Thanks.

I am trying to book a Disney Cruise this month that shows lots of availability. I am trying to book a cabin for 3. Hubby, adult kid, and I. It says there is no availability for my party size? Does anyone know why that would happen on a cruise that shows multiple categories open?

Thanks.
I would call

Disney IT is notoriously glitchy.

Theoretically, if there were a lot of other cabins that have large groups in them, then then lifeboat capacity could be hitting the limits where only two people could be in a cabin instead of three. Another theoretical that doesn't apply here is that the kids clubs are full (n/a here if it is all adults). Or it could be a reservation glitch.

Thanks.

I agree with the PP to call as this sounds like a glitch. There are situations where a cruise can have cabins available but a party of a certain size/makeup cannot book. One involves lifeboat capacity, which would be more common when availability is more limited and/or party size is larger. Say you are trying to book for a party of 4 but the lifeboat stations for the staterooms left available don't have capacity left for a party of 4, you wouldn't be able to book. Also, if your kid was a minor rather than an adult, if the kids' club for the child's age group has reached capacity, they won't let you book.

With "lots" of availability showing and no children under the age of 18, I'd call to book.

Thanks.
How old is your child? The space in the kid's clubs is finite. If there are already enough children booked on that cruise that fill the club your child would be in, you will not be able to book a reservation that includes him/her.

Try booking for 2... or for 1 and see if either works. If so, it’s likely muster stations are nearly full despite showing some availability. But I agree to all and double-check - they may be able to find something to fit 3 passengers.

Enjoy your cruise!

My TA told me that you would also receive this error if you were already booked on this cruise (but not PIF, I believe) & tried (later) to book a second cabin on the same cruise. She said, "...a recent software upgrade on Disney’s end keeps people from booking multiple rooms on the same sailing “just in case”. Apparently DCL did this to prevent people from booking/holding extra cabins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter