Why Always Facebook?

facebook's played out.
What do you mean? Facebook is incredibly popular. As I said, they have over 1 billion active users. If you want to get your brand noticed, that's the place to do it. Heck, a lot of stores and restaurants don't even do websites anymore. They just do Facebook pages. Far greater exposure with far lower costs.

What do you mean? Facebook is incredibly popular. As I said, they have over 1 billion active users. If you want to get your brand noticed, that's the place to do it. Heck, a lot of stores and restaurants don't even do websites anymore. They just do Facebook pages. Far greater exposure with far lower costs.
ok - in my opinion, using facebook for discussion is played out. DIS has their own spot for chatter here on the boards. and in my opinion, it is the better option. heck, they are lucky to get 20 comments on a post on FB. threads on these boards go over 100 easily if it's a hot topic.

ok - in my opinion, using facebook for discussion is played out. DIS has their own spot for chatter here on the boards. and in my opinion, it is the better option. heck, they are lucky to get 20 comments on a post on FB. threads on these boards go over 100 easily if it's a hot topic.
Currently the Disunplugged post for questions for CWW has 112 comments.

FB is just annoying and I no longer use it. Constant useless ads, posts are not always in the right order and posts of things I don't care about. A forum site like this is formatted to allow for interaction and discussion on specific topics. FB is not setup that way and is now just a hodge-podge for whatever they think will get them more users and more ad $$$.

There are LOTS of social media sites where you can argue/create drama on practically every topic you can imagine. Mostly a waste of my time and can live fine without those...................LOL.

I think eventually there will be some sort of consolidation as the available ad $$$ are NOT infinite and companies will move their spending to places where they see an actual return. Just because FB brags about 1B users doesn't mean that many real people are actually regular participants. One person can have MANY profiles and the real number of actual, frquent users is probably a fraction of that.

Once upon a time Facebook was a good way to keep in touch with friends and family. Now it’s nothing but political memes and people bragging how awesome their life is.
I only use fb for the marketplace now. You can get some really good deals and sell quickly without the fees from eg ebay. It's not a social thing anymore IMHO.

Currently the Disunplugged post for questions for CWW has 112 comments.
ok, the thread on here about pete brushing off the stormtrooper has 120+. pretty confident the boards would do just fine for the CWW questionnaire

no big thing on my end just my 2 cents

ok, the thread on here about pete brushing off the stormtrooper has 120+. pretty confident the boards would do just fine for the CWW questionnaire

no big thing on my end just my 2 cents
I don't disagree but most threads are a lot of back and forth and discussion. These question FB posts are simply asking people to post their questions. A debate like that Pete thread is different than just asking for questions.

I don't disagree but most threads are a lot of back and forth and discussion. These question FB posts are simply asking people to post their questions. A debate like that Pete thread is different than just asking for questions.
fair points

Yes its incredibly popular, but as others have noted, it is a bit disorganized at times, plus a number of "disboarders" like myself dont use Facebook. Probably would not be a bad idea to post/poll in both places, especially since the boards have mostly Dis fans and that is their target audience.

Yes its incredibly popular, but as others have noted, it is a bit disorganized at times, plus a number of "disboarders" like myself dont use Facebook. Probably would not be a bad idea to post/poll in both places, especially since the boards have mostly Dis fans and that is their target audience.

the problem is there isn't any one place that everyone uses - even for things about the DISunplugged not everyone is a member of the boards. If they only use that people would complain if they weren't members and didn't want to sign up, if they only used twitter people would complain if they don't use that

They have said they want everything in only one place to best manage and keep things organized and I think they just feel if they are only using one place then Facebook has the broadest reach

Whenever they are soliciting opinions on something for the show, such as today's show on what Disney is doing well, they always go to Facebook. Why?

Pete owns Disboards and references it as a sponsor on every show. Yet they hardly ever direct people here for comments. Some of us do not, and will not, have Facebook accounts.
Totally agree - the world does not revolve around Facebook - I cancelled my account there over two years ago and, like many others, do not use any of the so called social media services such as Twitter etc. I look at stuff that interests me on YouTube and spend time here at Disboards.

The people on Facebook may not be Disboard members, and as seen in this thread Disboard members may not be Facebook users. And thats perfectly normal. Different types of people use different types of online communication methods.

As a social media manager, I manage Facebook pages for businesses, there is a huge advantage to using Facebook over somewhere like Dis. With a Facebook business page you can get a huge amount of behind the scenes information, that you don't get with a messageboard / forum. I have also been an admin on a forum, so I know the behind the scenes of forums too.

With a Facebook page, its just a different format and for whatever reason the Disunplugged team feel that Facebook is more suited to their needs. They may find the added extra behind the scenes information useful. They may also prefer the more personal aspect and instant aspect of Facebook than the forum.

Just because you personally don't use Facebook does not mean that Facebook is dead or stupid or useless. It just means that the Dis Unplugged team feel that Facebook is more useful to them regarding the engagement and type of people and the amount of people that they reach.

Its a business decision most likely based on a business plan.

Will the DVC Show from the Riviera be uploaded to YouTube? It’s unavailable for people without Facebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!