Who's sailing April 18-22, 2004 - gotta start this sometime!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that goes crazy with these birthday things.:crazy: My DH thinks that I go overboard when I throw a party for any of the kids - I just want their day to be very special. I am definately going to do a little princess princess: party for the little princess - and since most of her friends are at the babysitters - I will also send cupcakes and treats over there - then the cake on the ship - she should be birthday partied out! My birthday is the day we get off the ship - I'm definately too old to be celebrating birthdays - but DH insists we'll celebrate somehow - that's what I'm afraid of?!?

Just got back from running around town - freezing my tushy off - if I keep thinking of fun in the sun :sunny: We'll get through winter that much faster - or at least I can pretend!

I know all about men being babies when they are sick - DH just got over his annual bug -- he's usually pretty healthy -- but once a year - he gets hit pretty hard - but after about a week of his whining I'm ready to ship him off to timbucktoo - you would think that we never get sick and heaven help us when we do - not pity there!! Arent' men wonderful - can't live with or without them!

Gonna run - we'll have lots to celebrate when we get on the ship - birthdays, anniversaries - new friends - the whole kit and kaboodle!!:bounce:

Later!
Lisa :wave2:

Hey cruise buddies! This is our first cruise and I wanted to know if My DH needed to bring his mess dress uniform(military version of a tux for any of the dinners?) What do you think?My countdown clock is set for the day before we actually start our vacation. So we start the real vacation ont he 15th of April and then the CRUISE on the 18th Wahoo!
Lisa:Pinkbounc

Hello!

My understanding of the "dress-code" aboard the ship is nice! There are no shorts or jeans for dinner - but a nice pair of dress pants for men is quite sufficient. If you plan on dining at Palo's a nice dinner jacket and nice shirt are all that is needed. On the 7 night cruise there is a formal night and that uniform would definately serve the purpose - but - I'm sure it would be quite nice to see a man all dressed up in uniform any night of the week. I have also heard that many people do not adhere to the "dress-code" that disney asks for...I did tell my family that they will look their Sunday best for dinner every night - I'm not asking for too much am I? My husband does not even own a tie - but I did get him several nice "dressy" type shirts - and he loves them and will wear them on the cruise and for church after that!

Staying cozy in Ohio! :sunny:

Lisa :teeth:

Originally posted by disneysailor
Travel with Kids (Lee),

Since our 13 yr. old boys are both on the same floor and the same dining, maybe they will get to meet each other. Is your son looking forward to the cruise? I'm sure he'll have a great time! This will be a new experience for my son, since now he is old enough to try a new club. My daughter (10) will also be moving up to a different club. It's nice that they have something new to look forward to and my husband and I have some time alone to look forward to! Of course, I must admit that last time we were a little dismayed at how little time the kids wanted to spend with us since they were having so much fun. Now that we're prepared for this, we'll have to plan even more fun on our own!

Disneysailor--Yes. I am sure Alex would love to walk into the teenage group with at least one person he can call by name.

I hear you on the alone time with dh. My dh has a very nice job, but it does take away from family time. And when he is home, we do family stuff. We are getting away, just the two of us in Feb. We are going to Boston to spend two nights.

.............Lee

Originally posted by goofy601
Hello All! Hope everyone is staying warm and healthy! Ok - I'm a little confused - are we all going on the same cruise? Everyone has a different number on their countdowns? Or are we all leaving on different days to head to Florida? SO confusing!:crazy:

We are much warmer than last week and we are all healthly--thanks. We are leaving April 16 (friday). I have no clue if this reflects on the counter or not. My dh did it many months ago. I have no clue how to change it.

Ok - for my big problem. Our youngest DD is turning 3 on the 13th of April. I think that 3 is a pretty big deal...so we did reserve a birthday cake on board the ship - but I still think it is important to do a little "friend" party around her actual birthday. DH doesn't think it's necessary - because the cruise is such a big deal...I don't think that it's really fair to Cara to shove her birthday off until the cruise and not do both - HELP!princess: She always seems to get the short end of the stick on this one because her birthday has been so close to Easter since she was born...oh well, any advice would be helpful - or maybe mom is is just being selfish - and wanting her to have her own day here at home and a little extra celebration on the ship...???

Birthdays are huge at age 3!! I think you should have a birthday at home and on the cruise!!

My goodness - my little button making project is getting quite a few people added to it - this is so wonderful! The more the merrier as far as I am concerned!!

And thank you for doing it!! Let me know if I can help in any way!!

..........Lee

Mouse - The dinner is right at the castle. I believe it's in the same restaurant that the breakfast is in. The only difference is that Cinderella is the only princess there at lunch and at dinner whereas at breakfast there are all or most of the others. Another difference though is that you're right in the castle when the fireworks go off which I've heard is awesome. If I couldn't get ressies for the breakfast I would have done the dinner but since I did we'll be at Ohana's instead. You should check out the other board on this site...I forget the name but it's where I found out all of this information regarding the restaurants and stuff. I think it's even called restaurants. Just click on the far left thingy on top that's called, "The DIS Discussion Forums" and it should be listed there. They also have one discussing the various hotels in the vicinity so I was able to get a review of the one we'll be at.

If you don't get the dinner reservations take a look at Ohana's at the Polynesian. Most of the people are saying that the kids have an absolute blast. They have hula contests and coconut races (i have no clue what those are) and the food looks absolutely fabulous. I also like the fact that you can order low-carb there, though lemme tell ya I won't be doing a strict diet while I'm on vacation. ;)

I have a question for all of you....when are you buying the kids' clothes....bathing suits, shorts, etc. My kids grow like weeds and although I'm dying to buy a bunch of stuff now I'm so scared that they'll grow out of it by April :earseek: Actually I have the same problem with me since I'm dieting and don't really know what size I'll be.

Is anyone going on either of the Atlantis excursions? I've always loved looking at that hotel but have never been able to go there so it's definitely on my list. The kids want to see the Dig and other parts of it. I"m just in a dilemma on whether to do it via the cruiseline or go by ourselves. They charge $25 per person and then under 3 is free so it seems like it's the same price just about to do it either yourself or with the tour.

Well..time for spelling homework! It's funny but Emily had a project that we finished up last night and part of it was to find a landmark in the country of one of your ancestors so we picked the Blarney stone from Ireland since I'm Irish and I guess if you kiss the stone you get the gift of the gab..............................well I haven't stopped talking since I printed out a picture of it! :hyper: :hyper:

ciao:wave:

Originally posted by bostonlass

I have a question for all of you....when are you buying the kids' clothes....bathing suits, shorts, etc. My kids grow like weeds and although I'm dying to buy a bunch of stuff now I'm so scared that they'll grow out of it by April :earseek: Actually I have the same problem with me since I'm dieting and don't really know what size I'll be.

I live 10 minutes from tax free outlet city!! I buy clothes all the time in sizes I hope my kids will grow into. If I miss it, then I don't feel bad donating them. I only do this on very reduced priced items. We usually go to FL in Feb. Even then LL Bean would have their spring clothes out. I am going shopping (girls day out with Liz, her two best freinds-twins and their mom) one weekend in March.

I wish I could say I am loosing punds, but I am not. It could be to the fact that I keep EATING!!! OH! I hate being a stressful eater.

Is anyone going on either of the Atlantis excursions? I've always loved looking at that hotel but have never been able to go there so it's definitely on my list. The kids want to see the Dig and other parts of it. I"m just in a dilemma on whether to do it via the cruiseline or go by ourselves. They charge $25 per person and then under 3 is free so it seems like it's the same price just about to do it either yourself or with the tour.

We will be doing Atlantis. We are doing a day pass with Comfort Suites (?--I think this is the name). The search program is down, so I can not confirm this. I will get back to you on this.

Well..time for spelling homework! It's funny but Emily had a project that we finished up last night and part of it was to find a landmark in the country of one of your ancestors so we picked the Blarney stone from Ireland since I'm Irish and I guess if you kiss the stone you get the gift of the gab..............................well I haven't stopped talking since I printed out a picture of it!

Been there, done that. It does work!! I was once shy and reserved.....one kiss on the Blarney Stone......... and many pints later....I was a different person!!::yes::

Mouseattack- I don't know if anything has changed, but on our last cruise Triton's was the most formal restaurant. Some people were dressed very formally (sequins, tuxes, etc.) while others simply wore dress slacks/inf. dress and sports jackets. I guess you need to go with whatever will make you and your DH the most comfortable. I'm sure his dress uniform would make for some great formal pictures though!

My husband and I stayed next door to the Atlantis about 5 yrs. ago (we couldn't get reservations there due to a ScooDoo (sp.?) convention. Anyway, at that time, you could walk through all the grounds and aquariums for free but couldn't use the water slides and pools. It's too bad they've changed that policy, but it was beautiful.

Travel with Kids- My husband travels a lot too so it really is great when we have time together. I hope you have a great time in Boston. My children spent the night at my sister-in laws this weekend and we ended up going on a hot date to Friendly's and Home Depot. The scary thing is- I really had a good time!

I guess everyone really must be tired of this winter weather if you're already planning your spring/summer shopping. Keep thinking those warm weather thoughts!

Travel with Kids- My husband travels a lot too so it really is great when we have time together. I hope you have a great time in Boston. My children spent the night at my sister-in laws this weekend and we ended up going on a hot date to Friendly's and Home Depot. The scary thing is- I really had a good time!

LOL!! I have been on many of those dates!! Our get away trip is not until Feb 20. Our Ann. is on the 21!!:love2: I'm glad you had fun with your dh on your date!!

ok--I have to go play Yu-Gi-Oh with ds. (it is our way of staying in touch--It could be worse--it could be war hammer-lord of the rings!!)

..............Lee

Hi Girls, Just wanted to update everyone on my DD's surgery. Yesterday she had a growth removed from her nasal cavity which they thought was just one but wound up being a cluster and thent hey removed her adenoids which the Doc said in his words wer HUGE! She is home recovering and doing fine she has a little swelling and looks like a little chipmunk! Talk about being a scared little Mommy! I hated not having control over what was happening to my little DD. Anyway, all is well and I offically got on the scale at the hospital and I am 32 lbs lighter than I was when we got here in August! Wahoo...... Look out bathing suit her I come, but not yet....
Lisa

I guess everyone really must be tired of this winter weather if you're already planning your spring/summer shopping. Keep thinking those warm weather thoughts!

Sailor,

This is so funny I have had those same kind of dates with my DH. And we too have a good time oddly enough! Isnt it hysertical?
Lisa

mouse attack-- {{{{{{{}}}}}} hugs to you, dd and family. :goodvibes We sent her hope for a speedy recovery.

Congrats on the weight loss!! :jumping1:

Another cold snap heading in this weekend. Tomorrow I go skiing. brrrrr!!

Stay warm:sunny: ............Lee

Mouse attack- Glad you've all made it through the surgery. Kids seem to bounce back quickly so hopefully she'll feeling great in no time.

Congratulations on the weight loss. That's really impressive. How did you do it? I had foot surgery last week and with the reduced activity I've actually gained a couple of pounds. Not exactly the direction I was going for. Keep up the good work!

Travel with kids-Hope you don't turn into an icicle tomorrow. I know they're calling for wind chills in the single and negative digits again tomorrow!

Hope everyone has had a great day!

Is anyone else's email function not functioning? Here I was thinking no one has been talking here for a while and now I just checked and Lisa's daughter had surgery, Lisa drops over 30 pounds and Lee's gonna go freeze on the slopes:earseek:

geesh :p

I hope your little one heals up quickly Lisa. They do bounce back quicker than we tend to recover from all the worrying. What are you doing to lose weight? My bf and I have gained a pound but I think its' the Captain Morgan's. :crazy: We started drinking it last week because there isnt' any carbs in it (I wrote the company) and I think that's what it is.

My daughter has her first confession tomorrow and she's been literally freakin' out that she's going to forget her act of contrition in the middle of it. I keep telling her that the priest will help and not to worry since she'll be in the booth anyways but she's sooooooo nervous. I can't wait till it's over!!!!

Bundle up everyone....it's cooooooooooold out there!!!!

ciao

bridget

Hi All I just wanted to say thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts about my DD and her surgery. Everything went fine and she is going back to school tom! YAHOO!I figured if she can fight with her little brother she can go to school... So with that my sister came up from NY to see me for my birthday and for DD surgery and to just relax after her ordeal. Then my Dad and Mom came up too! Then my Dad got sick went to the Hospital on the 22nd they released him and my Mom went back to Florida
yesterday and today I had to bring my Dad back to the hospital and they admitted him this time. So to say the least I am tired and I want a large DRINK! Where is my waiter! PLUS! I didnt want our thread on the next page. Boy I cant wait for April...

TTFN
Lisa:crazy:

Lisa,
Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better-hope your dad is feeling better soon too. It sounds like your vacation will be well deserved and appreciated!

mouse attack--I'll send my Cabana boy right over!!

Glad to hear that your dd is doing fine. Yes, I agree, if they can fight with siblings, then they are ready to head back to school!!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Hope all is well now. It is cold here in Maine right now. I am sure he will be happy to get back to FL.

Disneysailor & Bostonlass-- I did not go skiing on Friday--so no freezing. It was too cold. It is -8 F. last night it was -23F. My dh is a volunteer fireman (yes, they have those up here in Maine) and at 2:00 am, he was toned out (meaning a call) for a house fire. Brrr!

I am getting very excited for our cruise. 11 more Sundays. Did I count right?

Everyone stay warm:sunny: .........Lee

Lee, Your cabana boy is very thoughtful LOL! He dinteven charge for the drinks... But I gave a great big tip! 11 Sundays sounds about right! I am totally counting the days... I am even am already thinking about my next cruise,Trying to convince DH we need it at the end of the year,so far he isnt going for it!
:wave2:

We're gonna get totally creamed with snow on Wednesday so it looks like the kids prolly won't have school again. At this rate they'll be in school through July!!!

My bf and I have decided to take a cruise for our honeymoon. We set our date for the wedding to be in the evening on October 15 and we're looking to go on the Celebrity Century to the eastern carribean for 7 days starting the 16th. We're just waiting to see if he can switch his vacation week with a coworker. He has the week of Oct 9 off but my boss said no way to my going away since our year end is 9/30 and I'll be a busy bee. (she's such a peach :rolleyes: ) I am waiting on pins and needles to see if he can switch because otherwise we're getting married in Oct and honeymooning in January.

It's so cold I can't wait to go away!!!!

We are so excited! We just signed up for the April 18th cruise on the Wonder! We're way down in steerage but happy to be on the ship. :D

We've been on lots of cruises but not a Disney cruise before. We were scheduled for a week on the Magic on January 10th but our DD-3 got ill just before we were to leave for the airport. We have rescheduled that trip for next January and hadn't really decided what to do in the near future. Well, yesterday DD-3 looked at me with her huge, brown eyes and said, "When do we get on the boat, Mommy?" I had no choice...I got online and started checking on availability and Voila! We're ready to go at this very moment.

See you in 12 more Sundays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter