Who's sailing April 18-22, 2004 - gotta start this sometime!!

I am so excited to have a three day weekend. I have no class to prepare (exams all next week), I have a week off from my school and no one is visiting us for the long weekend:) Hopefully, I'll be able to finalize some of our plans for our April Vacation.

While looking over the thread to see what the kids ages were, I decided to organize all the information (the virgo in me!!:teeth: )

If I missed someone or if I have the wrong information-- I am sorry--:guilty:.

Disney1fan2002- (MA) 5 cruisers-- dh, ds7,dd5,ds4—room8040—driving—main seating

Disney Sailor (CT) 4 cruisers—dh, ds13, dd10, --room????—flying--???? Seating

DVC Lady (CT) 3 cruisers—dd7, ds2—room #2620, driving--???? Seating

Goofy601 (OH) 10 cruisers—dh, dd12, ds8,ds4,dd3, mil—room# 6015 & 6017—driving—main seating
Df, dd15, dd11

Mouse attack (ME) 4 cruisers—dh, dd7, dd3—room #8538—flying—main seating

Travel with kids (ME) 4 cruisers—dh,ds13,dd8—room# 7036—driving—late seating

Yes, of course, you were at the top of the list. I must not dragged the copy far enough up. I am soooo sorry!! :worried: OF course we know that you are on the cruise!! You have become (well, emily) a household name!!princess: princess:

bostonlass - (MA) 3 cruisers- dd6, dd7 - room ???? - flying - second seating

Disney1fan2002- (MA) 5 cruisers-- dh, ds7,dd5,ds4—room8040—driving—main seating

Disney Sailor (CT) 4 cruisers—dh, ds13, dd10, --room????—flying--???? Seating

DVC Lady (CT) 3 cruisers—dd7, ds2—room #2620, driving--???? Seating

Goofy601 (OH) 10 cruisers—dh, dd12, ds8,ds4,dd3, mil—room# 6015 & 6017—driving—main seating
Df, dd15, dd11

Mouse attack (ME) 7 cruisers—dh, dd7, dd3—room #8538—flying—main seating
DSis,dd11,ds8 room #6040

Travel with kids (ME) 4 cruisers—dh,ds13,dd8—room# 7036—driving—late seating

Did I forget anyone else (sorry Bridget, Emily and Megan!!)?...Lee

Hey guys I wanted add my sister to the group as well! She is also traveling on the same cruise with all of us. Her unique situation is that She lost her husand in Oct this year in a horrible accident. So I asked her if she wanted to take the kids and get away for a bit. And so she is,the kids a DS 8 and DD 11. They are in cabin 6040.

Lee - don't give it a second thought!;)

Lisa - Let your friend know how terribly sorry I am for her loss and please tell her that I am also traveling alone (without a significant other). I'm sure this will be a well deserved get-away.

This is very different obviously but my husband left me when my kids were 2 and 3 for another woman to whom he is married to now. Anyways within the first year my parents took myself and my kids to Disney World for a week and although the pain was still there it was so nice to see the kids have fun and forget about our troubles.

Anyway, just let her know she's not going to be the only one alone and I"ll pray that she has a peaceful time and that her two kids enjoy themselves as much as possible!

Bridget

mouse attack-- I added your sister and children to the list. I am so sad to hear of their lose. My husband is my best friend. I can not imagine living without him. You are a very nice sister to share your vacation time.

what region in Maine are your from? We live in Western Maine. Today is much nicer out. I think we are going out and do some activities before it gets figid again.........Lee

Thank You Lee! We are in the midcoast region I hear water dripping from roof outside So I guess it is a bit warmer today YEA!
IS there a forum for single moms with their kids going on the cruise anywhere her? Maybe I can pass it on to my sister if there is one.
Lisa

Bridget Thank You so much for your kind thoughts! I know they wil enjoy this and hopefully get some time to not think about the loss so much.
Lisa

Since most of us are in NE, who is all celebrating??? PATRIOTS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL.

(ok, I just posted this to bump the thread up, so it doesn't go to the 2nd page. I really am not a football fan, but my DH and brothers are very happy right now)

Welcome bostonlass and Mouse attack. This board has been busy! I'm trying to keep everyone and everything straight. Lisa, thank you so much for the chart you put together. I printed it out and added my own cheat notes so I hopefully won't mix anyone up!

On our first cruise we had a catagory 6 cabin and main seating. Unfortunately, when we booked at the end of August, both were full, so we are on a waiting list for both. Right now we have a cat. 5 cabin (my husband was spoiled by the verandah and wouldn't give it up, even though I don't think we really used it that much). Maybe after deposit time we'll be able to get our first choices, we'll see. I hope my kids have as good of a time on the 2nd cruise. Their expectations are high since they had the time of their lives the first time!

A cruise seems like the best kind of vacation for single parents. Hopefully that way the moms will have some much deserved fun on their own as well as fun with the kids!

My kids also didn't have school Friday because of the cold. Now they'll have too make it up in June when it's beautiful out. Many other CT towns cancelled too. I've never heard of such a thing either. It was a LONG day. At least on REAL snow days, you can have fun playing outside and I know they would find plenty to do in June!

Stay warm!

While looking over the thread to see what the kids ages were, I decided to organize all the information (the virgo in me!!)

OOPS! I guess I didn't keep everything straight! Sorry Lee, I want to give credit where credit is due! Thank you for organizing everyone's trip information!

We too asked for cat 6. We booked in June!! We too are on a waitlist. I don't think it is going to come through. It is ok. At this point the extra $$ for cat 5 is forgotten.

We asked for late seating and that is what we received.

Today is a day off from school. We had school Friday. It took until Saturday to get feeling back in all my body parts.

Stay warm:sunny: ............Lee

Travel with Kids (Lee),

Since our 13 yr. old boys are both on the same floor and the same dining, maybe they will get to meet each other. Is your son looking forward to the cruise? I'm sure he'll have a great time! This will be a new experience for my son, since now he is old enough to try a new club. My daughter (10) will also be moving up to a different club. It's nice that they have something new to look forward to and my husband and I have some time alone to look forward to! Of course, I must admit that last time we were a little dismayed at how little time the kids wanted to spend with us since they were having so much fun. Now that we're prepared for this, we'll have to plan even more fun on our own!

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I *definitely* celebrated all yesterday and last night. Had to come to work today though so I"m feelin' the pain :earseek: but it was worth it!!!! I can't wait till the Superbowl and I wanna do something really fun for it. Maybe we'll actually go out to watch it this time since I love it when the crowd goes wild.

A bunch of people from work went to the game and I feel for them due to the snow but I'm sure it paled in comparison to the last game when it was just plain frigid out!!

I wasn't thrilled with the second seating but the more I read about it the more I think it's gonna be good. I originally put in for first seating but I guess that's full. I figure this way I'll try to get my kids to nap :rolleyes: like *that's* gonna happen, and at least they won't fall asleep for the shows.

For the day that we'll be in Disney I made ressies for the Character breakfast at Cinderella's castle. I think the girls will love this since they're so into princesses! I also made ressies for 'Ohana (I think that's the name of it...in the Polynesian) since I heard the kids have tons of fun. I'd rather eat at the California Grill but I think I'd have two kids with ants in their pants if I did that and I wouldn't have that great of a time as a result.

Well back to the grindstone. I actually like working on a holiday since barely anyone is here and it's an easy commute.

ciao

bridget
:wave:

i tried to get ressies at Cinderllas Castle but they told me no chance! It was only 90 days out yesterday! ughhh! I am getting annoyed at this...

Hello All! Hope everyone is staying warm and healthy! Ok - I'm a little confused - are we all going on the same cruise? Everyone has a different number on their countdowns? Or are we all leaving on different days to head to Florida? SO confusing!:crazy:

Ok - for my big problem. Our youngest DD is turning 3 on the 13th of April. I think that 3 is a pretty big deal...so we did reserve a birthday cake on board the ship - but I still think it is important to do a little "friend" party around her actual birthday. DH doesn't think it's necessary - because the cruise is such a big deal...I don't think that it's really fair to Cara to shove her birthday off until the cruise and not do both - HELP!princess: She always seems to get the short end of the stick on this one because her birthday has been so close to Easter since she was born...oh well, any advice would be helpful - or maybe mom is is just being selfish - and wanting her to have her own day here at home and a little extra celebration on the ship...???

My goodness - my little button making project is getting quite a few people added to it - this is so wonderful! The more the merrier as far as I am concerned!! My DF is single also (she is engaged - but her fiancee' will not come on the cruise - he's afraid the ship will sink and we'll be eaten by sharks! Pleasant fellow!!) Oh well he's the one losing out on this great adventure!

Going to run - take care and chat again soon:bounce:

Originally posted by goofy601
Hello All! Hope everyone is staying warm and healthy! Ok - I'm a little confused - are we all going on the same cruise? Everyone has a different number on their countdowns? Or are we all leaving on different days to head to Florida? SO confusing!:crazy:

Ok - for my big problem. Our youngest DD is turning 3 on the 13th of April. I think that 3 is a pretty big deal...so we did reserve a birthday cake on board the ship - but I still think it is important to do a little "friend" party around her actual birthday. DH doesn't think it's necessary - because the cruise is such a big deal...I don't think that it's really fair to Cara to shove her birthday off until the cruise and not do both - HELP!princess: She always seems to get the short end of the stick on this one because her birthday has been so close to Easter since she was born...oh well, any advice would be helpful - or maybe mom is is just being selfish - and wanting her to have her own day here at home and a little extra celebration on the ship...???

My goodness - my little button making project is getting quite a few people added to it - this is so wonderful! The more the merrier as far as I am concerned!! My DF is single also (she is engaged - but her fiancee' will not come on the cruise - he's afraid the ship will sink and we'll be eaten by sharks! Pleasant fellow!!) Oh well he's the one losing out on this great adventure!

Going to run - take care and chat again soon:bounce:
i think that she should have her own day as well! My DD is turning 8 May 1 and she also has her first Holy Communion on that day too! Plus my Dh and I celebrate our 10th Anniversry on the 10th April... Our trip starts on the 14th of April and ends ont he 22nd so there isnt much time after getting home to do all the parties that are due each event,so I am going to do it all on the cruise and try to do a combination for my DD. I think that I will be a little loopy but she desrves to have her own time.
Lisa:wave2:

Goofy601,

I say go for the friend party (maybe with a Disney theme to add to the excitement of the impending trip). Although a vacation is a huge deal to us grown ups, I think a special party with friends is just a big of a deal, if not bigger for a 3 yr. old! Good luck!

By the way, we are leaving for our vacation on Friday the 16th (less than 3 months away!!!). I don't have a countdown clock because, as my son would be happy to tell you, I am technology impaired!

My countdown is for the actual date of the cruise assuming we ship out at 5pm. I probably should change it since we're arriving at 1pm on Friday the 16th.

mouse attack (lisa?) - are you flexible in the dates that you're asking for? I was actually shocked that we got in since it's for the 17th which is a Saturday. I'll throw some fairy dust your way and cross my fingers! If not though, try the dinner...then you'll be right there in the heart of things for the fireworks!

Goofy - We're warm but none too healthy. My 7 yr old has had a bad tummy bug and my BF just started getting it tonight. (men are such babies when they're sick!!!)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would absolutely do a small birthday party for her before the cruise. I wouldn't go all out but perhaps invite 4 or 5 of her closest friends or just family for cake and iced cream. Kids are only kids for such a short time and before you know it they won't want a birthday party. Emily will be 8 on April 11 and Megan will be 7 on April 7 and I'm still doing parties for each, though much much more low key than previous years. I'm letting Emily have her first sleepover with 4 of her friends (Lord help me get through this alive!!) and I told Megan she can invite three *good* friends for a Build A Bear party. Normally we invite about 30 kids and do a double party so this is definitely toning it down but still celebrating. I know what you mean about Easter since Emily's is right on Easter this year. I'm still wondering what night to do the sleepover since Good Friday doesn't seem right and that Saturday seems just as wrong. We'll see I guess.

ciao!

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!