Who's sailing April 18-22, 2004 - gotta start this sometime!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Here's what I've done....

I cancelled the air from Disney that I was paying $1220 for and booked us a flight from Bos-Tampa (1 hour from Orlando) via Northwest. We do make a stop at Detroit but I don't care.

I'm renting a car from Avis (I get corp discount) and driving from Tampa to the Holiday Inn in Walt Disney World where we'll stay Fri and Sat night. Holiday Inn accepted my $30/ night bid on Priceline and ....kids eat free! (*love* that)

Saturday we'll spend at one of the parks, though I'm so very bad at making decisions it will prolly take me till then to figure out which one we'll get the most bang for our buck in.

Driving to Cape Canaveral and dropping car off at Avis Sunday morning.

Thurs morning picking up rental from Avis and dropping it off at Orlando Airport.

Flying from Orlando to Boston via Northwestern...this time stopping at Memphis but not enough time to see "the King". ;)

I"m so psyched 'cause between all of this *and* transferring my cruise from expedia to this guy bill that I heard about via these boards (i think he's cruiseoutlet.com) I'll still have about $400 leftover from what I would have paid Disney!!! That means we'll have tons of fun Fri and Sat before shipping out.

Anyone else doing the parks on Saturday?

Lisa - Emily loves writing to Liz!! It's so cute the way they get so excited and the questions they think of.

Disneyfan - Megan would love to write to your daughter who will be 6 and definitely that's a perfect age since the clubs are for 5-7 yr olds in her range.

We have the 6pm seating for dinners so if we can swing it I'd love if some of us could sit together/closeby.

Is anyone else on a low carb diet? I don't plan to follow it much on the trip but my bf and I started in Jan and I've lost 10 lbs since. I'm doing Atkins. Lord knows how hard it will be to pass up those rich desserts!!!

bostonlass- Great news on all you savings. We will be doing WDW after the cruise. But, the kids know nothing. Still not sure how to suprise them.

Liz enjoyed "chatting" with Emily. :chat: She has been nonstop chatter about Emily all day. Liz is getting very excited about the cruise.

I am doing a modified Atkins (modified because I don't like to think of it as cheating!!). What I would like to lose and what I will realiztically lose are two completely different amounts:rolleyes: Have you checked out any of the other boards? They have WISH, for those watching their weight. I go over there and get motivated (after I eat the pizza!!)

Stay warm. It is really cold here......Lee

I am glad I found that there were others going too! Mself my DH, DD almost 8 and my DS 3. I cant wait we are so excited! We have just about icicles on every inch of Maine! We are ready for som fun inthe sun!
Lisa:wave:

mouse attack-- glad you found us. I have a dd8 and a ds 13. We too live in Maine. And like you, we are freezing!! I made a bowl of popcorn and watched the Travel Channel's DCL (we taped it!) after school today.

Very important question-- are you driving or flying? We have 4 families drving (from the NE and Ohio) and 2 families flying (MA & Conn)?

Welcome to the Disboards and to the 4-18-04 cruise page........Lee

YES! Freeze is the word! We are flying down. Right out of PWM. Got awesome deals onthe 14th of April. We start our land at WDW on the 15th so we are going early so not miss anytime!:sunny: Dreaming of it!

Good for you--a flight out of Portland!! We don't mind driving, but I will think of you having fun in the parks while we are in a car for 27 hours!!!

We will go to wdw after the cruise. Just posted a thread on the "family" board with suggestions on how to suprise the kids. They think we are driving back on Thursday after the cruise....Lee

Yes we got tickets for 230 rt! I thought that was awesome! I looked for a while and this was by far the cheapest! I am going think about how you acan surprise the kids... I was trying to keep this a secret from my kiddiecoos,but my DD8 was evesdropping! SO,we are trying to find a way to make her think we arent going!
How did you get the count down timer? I tried it and it isnt working:(

The whole trip was going to be a suprise, however my brother came to our house and said "so, Mom & Dad tell me you're going on a cruise"!!! I almost flipped!!

So, we are now working on a visit to wdw. We might not be able to go (husband's work) so, if we can't stay, then we will not have to listen to the kids whine for 27 hours as we back home!

If we can stay and visit wdw, then they will sleep for the two day drive!!

I do not know how to do the counter. DH did mine. I am sure someone else can help you.

I am going to bed......very tired. I think the cold takes a lot of you.

Stay warm:sunny: .........Lee

Has anyone ever seen this before? Just about every school in the Boston area...including ours which is 25 minutes north of Boston, is cancelled for tomorrow!!! Although it's nice for the kids to get a 4 day weekend I'm still scrambling on what to do with them between work and babysitters, etc. I have just never in my life heard of school being cancelled due to it being too cold to go out!!! I wish work were cancelled and I wish we all were on that ship this very minute! ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

I second that! My garage doors wont go up! its so cold here,they stick in the half way spot! My daughter goes to a school that seems to run out of oil. Today We had to wait to pick them up in the car line. Because the wind chill was so bad they were letting the kids out one by one. They were actually calling the kids by walky talky from outside to a teacher in the school. Makes for a longer day!

This is so not fair!! :eek: We live in Maine. It is VERY cold. We have school!! :( I need a four day weekend!!! Today it was so cold at my school, I had a head ache. :worried: My fingers were numb. The good part is by Sunday, it will be in the 20's. --it will feel like a heatwave.:sunny: :sunny: .........Lee

Originally posted by mouse attack
I am glad I found that there were others going too! Mself my DH, DD almost 8 and my DS 3. I cant wait we are so excited! We have just about icicles on every inch of Maine! We are ready for som fun inthe sun!
Lisa:wave:

Welcome to our cruise Mouse attack! ANOTHER New Englander! This is GREAT! I think it is so funny how many of us live in New England, but then it would make sense, because we are one of the few regions who don't use Easter week as our spring break.

Lisa, when will your DD turn 8? My DS will be 8 in June. I also have a 5yo DD and a DS who turns 4 in February.

My kids don't have school today. This is a first. I know school has been cancelled because of no heat, but to cancel just because of the cold? Never heard of it. I just laughed watching the news last night, the weather teams were saying that in 5-10 minutes you could get frostbite. YET, they had their "on the spot" reporters standing out in the cold to tell us just how cold it was out there, Are they immune to frostbite????

I am going into Boston tonight to see a show at the Comedy Connection. We are driving all the way in, because I am NOT walking form the T to Fanuel Hall!!! BBBRRRRRRR

Stay warm everyone...April will be here before we know it!:wave2:

My party of 4 is in cabin 8538...Any deck mates out there?
Lisa

Nevermind deckmates Lisa, we are going to be close neighbors. I am in stateroom 8040...across the hall from you! This is starting to get so exciting!

So, where is everyone else going to be?:chat:

Hello All!

Just us freezing in Ohio - but definately not as cold as you all!! This is awful! Maybe we will sit around the pool talking about how cold it was just a couple of months ago - while we sip some tropical drink!!

I am on the special K diet - two bowls of cereal - breakfast and lunch and a sensible dinner (I've modified that to a nice size salad or a child's plate of what everyone else is having). DH has lost 8 lbs and I'm up to 5! Definately check out the WISH boards -- those are wonderful motivators over there!!

Welcome - Lisa - from Lisa :) That is a great name, by the way!
I am coming on board with my DH, DD~12 1/2, DS~8 1/2, DS~4 1/2 and DD~ 3(by a couple of days), my MIL, my DFriend, her DD~ 15 and another DD~11!! We are eating at the early setting. ANd we are staying in 6317 & 6315 -- I believe my DF is around the corner from us!!

We are driving in from Ohio - we recently reserved our 15 passenger van -- that should be fun -- have a fruity drink available to me when we get the terminal!! :crazy:

We did get reservations for a room on Merrick island - my MIL took care of those the other day. We will not be going to WDW this year - we'll make that a different trip. With our diverse age groups - it wouldn't have been much fun for DH and I - running all over the park trying to make everyone happy. We will be probably stopping in Savannah and enjoying some of the sites there. We could also make a short stop in North Carolina to visit my DD - who just recently awoke from his coma -- :Pinkbounc I haven't been able to get down to see him because of the weather and that would be the perfect excuse!!

Well, gotta run - the kids are up and want breakfast and this and that -- they are off of school today for a teacher inservice and then off again on Monday for MLK day! Stay warm and see you all very very soon!:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Hi and thanks for the warm, no pun intended welcome! My DD turns 8 May 1! Which just happens to be First Holy Communion too!My DS turned 3 in Oct . Are you flying to WDW or driving?

:crazy:

Dis1 Fan

Oh how funny is that we might as well just call ourselves Flatmates we are so close. This is so exciting I have never had so much fun planning for a trip. I cant wait for my exotic drink We certainly can use a little somthing to warm us up.
And yes LISA is a great name!!!!princess:

Hi and thanks for the warm, no pun intended welcome! My DD turns 8 May 1! Which just happens to be First Holy Communion too!My DS turned 3 in Oct . Are you flying to WDW or driving?

:crazy:

Hi Lisa,
I think we could become fast friends! We are Catholic also. Our Parish spreads out the First Holy Communion during the 10AM Mass for all 5 Sunday's in May, so I do not know which Sunday Patrick will be receiving yet. We have to get him through First Penance 1st! LOL ..He is so excited about finally being able to receive Communion.

We are driving down. With a family of 5, we just can't bring ourselves to pay over $1000 to fly when driving cost us less than $400. We drove for the 1st time to WDW this past Thanksgiving, and I was expecting the worst, and it was the easiest trip! The kids were terrific the whole way down, and we only hit traffic twice. It took us exactly 24 hours. Not bad.

you are so right about this trip planning being fun! I can't wait to meet everyone on this thread! Is it April yet? :sunny:

This is so funny! Emily turns 8 on 4/11 and receives her First Holy Communion the first Sunday in May too! What are the odds of that????

I WISH I knew what cabin I'm in but I"m a guaranteed cat 11 so I guess I find out when we go to board. I'm hoping for an upgrade, though I'll be happy just to be on the ship either way. Some say if I wait till the last possible minute to pay the remainder then I have a better chance of the upgrade. We shall see.

Kids were off from school today and gratefully my mom watched them for a few hours while I went in to finish up a project due today. They're with their Dad for the long weekend so I'm relaxing tonight and cleaning up the house tomorrow. Whoo hoo...I'm so exciting. We're going to the Outback (I'm on Atkins) tonight and then to see Paycheck. *love* Ben Affleck!!! Anyone see that movie?

Well I'm off to bundle up to go out. Keep warm everyone!

Bridget:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!