Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

Subscribing - my mom and I just made the decision today to do Expedition Everest Challenge next year. My mom is in her 50s and run races all the time - I'm late 20s and have run one, and only Disney could entice me to run without someone chasing me :)

Any who, we're debating on whether or not to rent DVC Points and stay at AKL, or wait for discounts to come out for May 2013 and hope there is a 30% off for AKL or a 20% for mods.

And now I have babbled enough - looking forward to chatting with you all over the next few months.

Hi there! We are also debating about renting DVC and using YES tickets.......I wish packages would come out already!! Can't wait!!:goodvibes

I'm so glad I found you guys!!! DH just gave the okay for May 2013! I'm so excited now that I have other folks to enjoy this next year with:goodvibes

Hi there! We are also debating about renting DVC and using YES tickets.......I wish packages would come out already!! Can't wait!!:goodvibes

Slap me and call me Cinderella - you've used a Disney acronym that I don't know! Pray tell, what are YES tickets???

Also thinking of taking the kids/grandkids to Disney in mid May 2013 but only for a few days then possibly off to the beach. It is so expensive. Hope codes come out soon.

Slap me and call me Cinderella - you've used a Disney acronym that I don't know! Pray tell, what are YES tickets???

LOL.........I just found out about these tickets this year. You can get tickets at a discounted rate through Disney's YES Program when your kids sign up to do a class there. I think the classes last about 3 hours or so. I googled "Disney YES Individiual classes" and found the website.

If you don't go in a group - you have to get individual tickets to the classes. The classes look like a lot of fun for my DS11 and we save a lot of $$$ on tickets - so it's win-win! We will definately look into this (unless the lure of free dining comes out and sucks me in! LOL).....but we may do a class anyway. They look really interesting!

Hope that helped!!! Also hoping we all get lots of pixie dust!! :)

Just popping in to say that I hope they release packages next month! We will be leaving in about a year and I can't WAIT!!! :banana:

Don't know why but I couldn't find this thread and started another one couple days ago. I will try to delete it.
We are planning to go May 1, 2013 for 9 days. Can't wait to start all the planning again!! Just got back couple weeks ago!
Hoping for PIN.

Meme

Don't know why but I couldn't find this thread and started another one couple days ago. I will try to delete it.
We are planning to go May 1, 2013 for 9 days. Can't wait to start all the planning again!! Just got back couple weeks ago!
Hoping for PIN.

Meme

Hello and welcome! :cool1:So - you have less than a year to go! I hope it goes fast for you (and all of us!!). We went last May and can't wait to get back. :goodvibes

So I was on the WDW website and that little box appeared asking if I wanted to talk to a CM. So I thought it would be a great oppertunity to ask when I could book my trip for next year. This is was what Bart wrote.

We book 499 days in advance and you can book a room-only reservation now by calling the Disney Reservation Center at 1-(407) 560-CHAT (2428). Then when our 2013 Magic Your Way Package is out (sometime in mid to late summer) you can call them back to book the Magic Your Way Package with your reserved room and cancel the room-only reservation

I than asked how much it cost to reserve room only and he told me first night plus tax.

So if you really have your heart set on a certain resort, you can book the room NOW!!!

So I was on the WDW website and that little box appeared asking if I wanted to talk to a CM. So I thought it would be a great oppertunity to ask when I could book my trip for next year. This is was what Bart wrote.

We book 499 days in advance and you can book a room-only reservation now by calling the Disney Reservation Center at 1-(407) 560-CHAT (2428). Then when our 2013 Magic Your Way Package is out (sometime in mid to late summer) you can call them back to book the Magic Your Way Package with your reserved room and cancel the room-only reservation

I than asked how much it cost to reserve room only and he told me first night plus tax.

So if you really have your heart set on a certain resort, you can book the room NOW!!!

Thanks Corrine!

Question for all of you - if we book now, and later a room only discount is available, will they allow us to apply that to the room?

I was going to call and ask to book the AAA rate. Then, (hopefully) when room only discounts are announced, we'll be able to change our rate from AAA rate to the usual 20-25% off that they offer at the mods.

This is of course if my traveling companion (good 'ole mom) doesn't agree to renting DVC points ;)

We were supposed to be at WDW RIGHT NOW, but had to cancel back in February. DH got a new job and didn't want to ask for time off so soon. Needless to say, I was disappointed! When I called to cancel, I went ahead and rebooked a room only for the same week next year. The CM told me I am now locked in for this years room rates. If Disney by chance raises the rates for next year, it will not change the rate I am locked in for. I was told in a way I could end up with "multiple discounts" if rates do go up. Meaning if room discounts come out I can still apply that to my reservation, so I would be getting a discount on the lower rate if they do go up! That made me happy! I do hope to get FD though, that would save my family more money than a room discount since I am booked at a Moderate. Although if a good room discount comes out, I may be tempted to upgrade to a DELUXE! I would love to stay on the monorail loop for DD's first visit! I haven't stayed on the loop in YEARS and am ready to do it again!!!

Robin

Thanks Corrine!

Question for all of you - if we book now, and later a room only discount is available, will they allow us to apply that to the room?

I was going to call and ask to book the AAA rate. Then, (hopefully) when room only discounts are announced, we'll be able to change our rate from AAA rate to the usual 20-25% off that they offer at the mods.

This is of course if my traveling companion (good 'ole mom) doesn't agree to renting DVC points ;)

Yes!! Any discounts that happen from now until your trip for the dates you are going can be applied to your already existing reservation. Your reservation just has to qualify for the discount. The diffrent discounts don't alway qualify for every room. Plus of course the discount has to be for the days you are going.:)

I am hoping for free dining, because that is a contributing factor to DH wanting to go. I would be happy with anything, but free dining would save us the most money.

I can't wait to cancel our September trip and rebook for May 2013! Hopefully next month the 2013 packages come out!:wizard: :hourglass

I called this morning and asked for a room only reservation using the AAA rate and was told that those rated won't be out until at least June (sigh) -has anyone had a similar experience, or should I try again???

I called this morning and asked for a room only reservation using the AAA rate and was told that those rated won't be out until at least June (sigh) -has anyone had a similar experience, or should I try again???

You can book now at regular rate and add the AAA discounted rate later, in June when it becomes available.

Going to re-do my ticker today........we leave one year from today!! Tomorrow I can say I am less than a year from going! Can't wait to go *home*!!! :banana:

Joining!

We are now planning on coming back to the World for 12 days in mid-May 2013. Last trip was 10 days mid-May 2011; our first trip as empty-nesters. I love DD but the trip with just DH was grand. I am *probably* going to take the plunge and reserve our room this week to lock in the price, then spend the next 11 months hoping for discounts/codes/pins/pixie dust. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't, and we'll take the trip anyhow - but if it does happen, I want to upgrade to our first trip with DxDP. Will most likely stay at CBR; we have been there several times and we enjoy the feel of the resort.

:woohoo: :dance3: :woohoo:

Will add a formal ticker as soon as I make it official by locking in the room.

Corrine 1973, we will be in the world the same week and at the same resort! Maybe we will bump into each other!

Robin

Planning on taking my DN4 with us for her first WDW trip May 2013! Fingers are crossed for a discount! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter