Who's going to need a stiff drink ( or 8) to get thru the holiday and why?

No, we for the most part all get along pretty well. Just wish the day didn't go so darn fast. Plan for it for so long and the day is in a blink.

Me! I love spending time with my husband's family, and wish we saw more of one another, but between the long flights CA-NY and back, the holiday expectations, and having all 8 of us together practically non stop for almost a week, a drink or two is most welcome.

I feel ya, OP! But I'm happy to say those highly dramatic people have been removed from the equation and now the holidays are full of good family and good fun. No need for those stiff drinks -- not that we're going to let that stop us. ;):drinking1

I really detest Christmas with my family. My only issue this year, the time for our get-together is Christmas Eve morning , and I just think it is wrong to drink before going to church.

Mind altering substances sound pretty good. My stepson is bringing his in-laws from Russia to our house for DH and me to entertain for a week. He's also bringing his wife, 2 children and his wife's grandmother. I'm tired already. :(

In less than a week we'll be back at DW and I'm weally peeved @ the man's brother who lives in FL. It took him until last week to give us a final headcount but but he's still not sure if it will change. Mind you they have known about this trip since last summer. Now he wants to bring his girlfriend instead of his estranged wife. Knowing the background story between his almost ex and him I get where part of this is coming from but whyyyyyyyyyyyy haven't you asked the girlfriend if she wants to come yet?!? Have you thought about the fact that dining reservations are needed for New Year's Eve? Or are you planning to chow down on Mickey D's to bring in 2018?
Not really earth-shattering but certainly annoying and just one more reason to say "NO" when the man suggests we buy property in his brother's complex, LOL.

No family drama unless the estranged lot turn up which I highly doubt.

The worst thing for me is having to drive to Melbourne, the traffic can be insane, and driving skills forgotten.

I’ll have to wait until I drive back home to have a stiff drink or 3 though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter