Who's going in 2011?

I've registered for the Disneyland Half Marathon, so I'll be out there 9/1-9/6, not sure where quite yet.

Also registered for the WDW Wine and Dine Half Marathon, so I'll be going back 9/29-10/6.

Then sailing on the Dream from 10/6-10/9.

I'm going on march 21st - 25th. Staying at the Swan because my partner is attending a business conference there. As a result of this, there will be a couple days where I will be by myself and even a few evening where I will have to be dining alone. I'd really appreciate if someone who is going on these dates would be kind enough to meet me on one or two of these occasions so I don't have to be by myself or eat dinner at a restaurant alone like a loser. lol

Also registered for the WDW Wine and Dine Half Marathon, so I'll be going back 9/29-10/6.

Oooo...I was looking at that. The main question seems to be whether I can go from bedrest to a half marathon in 6 months while taking care of a little one.

The longest race I've ever done was a half and I did train for it in about 4 months, but, I was already running 10K relatively comfortably at that point whereas now a flight of stairs can do me in. The pace requirement is fairly slow though, so, I could just plan something like run 5 min, walk 5 min which should be sustainable even if I'm not up to the distance yet.

Any advice on how to decide?

Hi :)
This is my second trip to the F & G, I do love the topiaries. My favorite time is during the F & W. We're hoping to book a bounce back for the F & G while we're on the May trip :) I'm sure you'll get there one day. I'll post pics once we get back.
take care,
Dee

Oooo...I was looking at that. The main question seems to be whether I can go from bedrest to a half marathon in 6 months while taking care of a little one.

The longest race I've ever done was a half and I did train for it in about 4 months, but, I was already running 10K relatively comfortably at that point whereas now a flight of stairs can do me in. The pace requirement is fairly slow though, so, I could just plan something like run 5 min, walk 5 min which should be sustainable even if I'm not up to the distance yet.

Any advice on how to decide?

Many people walk the entire event so if you plan on running any of it you should not have a problem with the 16 min per mile pace requirement. The official 16 min sweep pace begins after the last person crosses the start line so you have an even slower pace requirement if you aren't the last person to start.

Many people walk the entire event so if you plan on running any of it you should not have a problem with the 16 min per mile pace requirement. The official 16 min sweep pace begins after the last person crosses the start line so you have an even slower pace requirement if you aren't the last person to start.

See, that's what I was thinking. Plus, I figure having a goal might be good for me in helping me make a point of carving out time for myself in the next few months.

A friend suggested that I'd really need a treadmill at home, but, I've never been able to run on a treadmill. I can run on ellipticals, and do at the gym, but, they are fairly expensive to have at home.

I know that some people would run with a stroller, but, it's not really good for the baby's brainstem in the first 6 months. But, if I could get at least one run/week outdoors and find a way to run on an elliptical, I think that I ought to be able to get up to the pace requirement and distance endurance. Right?

I should also add that I MUCH prefer running at night to running the the morning, so that aspect of this race is extra enticing for me.

Another question for those doing the Wine and Dine Half Marathon:

The main page suggests that there is a discount available for park tickets that are only usable Sept. 23 to Oct. 8th. The limited dates make me think that it might actually be a true discount.

Do you know what they are offering? (If it's worthwhile it might help me make my case for running.)

Hi there!

We'll be on the DCL Dream on 9/4-9/8/11. Hope to find others that are doing the same dates!
:cool1:

We have two Disney trips planned this year:

1.) We're going to DisneyLAND (staying in Villas at Grand Californian) 4/22-4/27...then boarding the Disney Wonder in LA and doing the repo up to Vancouver and the first Alaskan cruise (so cruising 4/27-5/10).

2.) In the fall we're going to DisneyWORLD 9/1-9/3, then Cruising on the Dream 9/4-9/8, then back at WDW 9/8-9/11. Right now all our WDW stays are booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas (one of our home resorts), but once our 7 month window opens up we will probably try to switch either or both of our "bookend WDW stays"----hoping to get into Bay Lake Tower and/or Wilderness Lodge (because we've never stayed in either before).

Hi guys! We'll be on the Dream at the same time! Would love to meet up and be seated for dinner with another couple (although I'm not sure how to do that??). Look forward to meeting you both!

Hi guys! We'll be on the Dream at the same time! Would love to meet up and be seated for dinner with another couple (although I'm not sure how to do that??). Look forward to meeting you both!

If you should decide to do this its quite easy...its called "linking your reservation" You can do it on the DCL website, or just call DCL and tell them you would like to link your reservation with another guest. All it bascially does is make sure you are at the same table for dinner.

Good luck and enjoy the Dream! pirate:

If you should decide to do this its quite easy...its called "linking your reservation" You can do it on the DCL website, or just call DCL and tell them you would like to link your reservation with another guest. All it bascially does is make sure you are at the same table for dinner.

Good luck and enjoy the Dream! pirate:

Thanks for the info OrlandoMike!! :flower3:

Hey, I've been off here for ... EVER!

But I'm heading back to WDW this year. My parents decided to take me and my DB, my sister and her boyf to Disney for 14 nights from 9/24/11 - 10/8/11

POFQ. I'm really excited, haven't been to the world since 2004.

Hoping to go to MNSSHP and The Food and Wine fest.

Who's there too?

x

We will be there too during this week. May 8-15 is our Honeymoon. We are very excited. We will be doing the Scavenger Hunt also. We will just be getting back from the Dream Cruise, which is where we are getting married. (Our Marriage License if from CT) but to us this is our REAL wedding. WE are soo excited. We are Passholders and go at least 2 times a month, but this is going to be SOOO much fun. Hope to see you there!

I can't give exact dates as we are FL Resident Passholders so we go at least twice a month...if we have the extra money to go. Sometimes we don't go until the last minute so it's hit & miss with us. :cool2:

Arriving June 2. Staying at Westgate Vacation Villas and Town Center.

June 3: DAK and Riptide
June 4: MK
June 5: free day
June 6: Epcot
June 7: DHS
June 8: Universal
June 9: IOA

Departing June 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter