Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

I'm also planning to go for F&W, are you planning to spend several days in Epcot or use park hoppers? I am thinking of trying 2 days in Epcot. I'm not sure about getting park hoppers to return every night. lol

We will have park hoppers or APs depending on how many days we go. We stay at an Epcot resort when we go so we venture into Epcot at least once per day. Typically, our touring style is, one park for rope drop, do what we want head out around 11-12, hop over for a quick bite at the booths (and to grab a fiesta and other assorted beverages:rolleyes1), pool time in the heat of the day, then back to Epcot in the evening for entertainment, dinner, and drinks. I can't imagine not going to Epcot every day! It's our favorite park though. We love WS!

It's really preference on how to manage parks/tickets. I know people that would prefer to go, go, go, and spend all day at one park to get everything done. We like to be busy in the morning and relax the rest of the day. Gives the trip a good balance!! :D

When we move back to FL we are getting pass holders so we will be going spur of the moment times. The next BIG trip will be for my son's birthday, my other kid( currently pregnant with #2 who will be born days before #1 and mine. ) So That trip is the one I am already working on since we will be asking many family members and all. I won't control the whole group just some.

Oh my gosh I forgot about discounts, yes I hope I can get one. :)

:thumbsup2
I've never had Ohana's but one day I would like to. My number one restaurant is Kona Cafe- I have to try Tonga Toast. lol

Disney posts the discounts on their webpage. Just go to the "Places to Stay" link and click on Special Offers. The special offers link is not in large print so people might miss it.

And to get your Tonga Toast, you can go to Poly's counter service restaurant, Captain Cook's and it is 6.99. A much cheaper option than Kona Cafe plus you can save that Table Service Credit for another restaurant you want to try. :thumbsup2 That is what I am planning to do on my trip. I haven't tried Tonga Toast yet either but it sounds yummy!

We're planning on a trip in 2017 - just trying to pick the dates. Trying to work w/ ds's school schedule. Right now it looks like Easter week would work best. We're a little worried about crowds, but more concerned about weather (Heat & Humidity). Easter 2017 is mid-April, anyone on here been during that time, willing to share how weather was while you were there? We've only been to wdw twice- mid-Nov 2013 & Thanksgiving week 2015. Both times we had beautiful weather. Thanksgiving was wonderful with all of the Christmas decorations and MVMCP. We just won't be ready this Nov to go back again and don't want to wait til Nov 2017, so ... so far it's looking Like Easter week will prob be best option unless we do a very short trip - trying to limit ds to 3 days off school for this trip.
So, Happy to be joining in to plan and follow along!! :flower1:

We're planning on a trip in 2017 - just trying to pick the dates. Trying to work w/ ds's school schedule. Right now it looks like Easter week would work best. We're a little worried about crowds, but more concerned about weather (Heat & Humidity). Easter 2017 is mid-April, anyone on here been during that time, willing to share how weather was while you were there? We've only been to wdw twice- mid-Nov 2013 & Thanksgiving week 2015. Both times we had beautiful weather. Thanksgiving was wonderful with all of the Christmas decorations and MVMCP. We just won't be ready this Nov to go back again and don't want to wait til Nov 2017, so ... so far it's looking Like Easter week will prob be best option unless we do a very short trip - trying to limit ds to 3 days off school for this trip.
So, Happy to be joining in to plan and follow along!! :flower1:

:welcome:chocolateavocado!

I totally understand about wanting to avoid the heat and humidity. I have never been in April but have read reports from others who have been during that time that the weather is usually very nice. :butterfly

My only concern would be going Easter week itself. I hear that the crowds are crazy crowded and similar to the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. I think it is typically the second or third most crowded week of the year, behind Christmas and possibly Fourth of July.

I suggest you read through some trip reports that cover trips over Easter before committing either way to those dates. Of course, we did go the week leading up to Fourth of July once. :tongue: It was definitely the most crowded I have ever seen and we had to deal with the heat and humidity. :sunny: We hit the parks at rope drop and back in the evenings. I think we all were a bit cranky at times during our trip, more so than usual due to having to deal with all the crowds and heat.

But, at least we were able to go to Disney!

:welcome:chocolateavocado!

I totally understand about wanting to avoid the heat and humidity. I have never been in April but have read reports from others who have been during that time that the weather is usually very nice. :butterfly

My only concern would be going Easter week itself. I hear that the crowds are crazy crowded and similar to the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. I think it is typically the second or third most crowded week of the year, behind Christmas and possibly Fourth of July.

I suggest you read through some trip reports that cover trips over Easter before committing either way to those dates. Of course, we did go the week leading up to Fourth of July once. :tongue: It was definitely the most crowded I have ever seen and we had to deal with the heat and humidity. :sunny: We hit the parks at rope drop and back in the evenings. I think we all were a bit cranky at times during our trip, more so than usual due to having to deal with all the crowds and heat.

But, at least we were able to go to Disney!

Thanks for responding to me & for the welcome! :flower3:

I did post a thread on the theme park forum section asking about Easter & opinions a few weeks ago. Most of the people responded that Easter crowds will be heavy, maybe not as bad as usual w/ Easter being late this year. When I post my plan and expectations, most said we'll be fine. I'm not too worried about the crowds- I know it'll be busy and we're not go-go-go types. We usually try to get to the parks early, leave around lunch time when it starts getting busy and go back to the resort for rest/swimming. Go for dinner and head back to parks for some night time stuff , My son doesn't like coasters or big rides, so we don't do many of the thrill rides/ headliners. Ds's favorite ride is tomorrowland speedway :) Plus, we know we won't see it all or do it all & that's okay....that way there's always a reason to plan another trip! :rolleyes1:cloud9:

We were at wdw for Thanksgiving this past year (2015) and didn't think it was bad at all. We spent Thanksgiving day at MK and had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. It was wonderful.

I really wish there was another time we could go- and I'm still looking at trying to work out other dates but if we go at another time it'd probably only be 4 nights. Ds's school schedule has not many days off after Christmas, except for Easter. If we go at Easter, with him missing just 2.5 days of school, we can have a week at Disney and be home Saturday (day before Easter) to spend Easter at home and school doesn't go back til that Wednesday. The only days I believe we have off after Christmas/New Year's break are: MLK Day, 1 Day for President's Day, 1 or 2 days for Memorial Day(depending on how many snow days we use- but end of May would be too hot for us I believe).
Or, we wait until Thanksgiving 2017 (which isn't out of the question, but.....sooner would be better, lol). Decisions...decisions.... I really don't know what to do and I just don't want to make the wrong decision just to go earlier- it's a really big expense and something really special to look forward to- just trying to sort it all out and really appreciate all of you wonderful dis'ers!! :worship:

Thanks for responding to me & for the welcome! :flower3:

I did post a thread on the theme park forum section asking about Easter & opinions a few weeks ago. Most of the people responded that Easter crowds will be heavy, maybe not as bad as usual w/ Easter being late this year. When I post my plan and expectations, most said we'll be fine. I'm not too worried about the crowds- I know it'll be busy and we're not go-go-go types. We usually try to get to the parks early, leave around lunch time when it starts getting busy and go back to the resort for rest/swimming. Go for dinner and head back to parks for some night time stuff , My son doesn't like coasters or big rides, so we don't do many of the thrill rides/ headliners. Ds's favorite ride is tomorrowland speedway :) Plus, we know we won't see it all or do it all & that's okay....that way there's always a reason to plan another trip! :rolleyes1:cloud9:

Decisions...decisions.... I really don't know what to do and I just don't want to make the wrong decision just to go earlier- it's a really big expense and something really special to look forward to- just trying to sort it all out and really appreciate all of you wonderful dis'ers!! :worship:

It sounds as if you have a really good outlook and realistic expectations on what you will be able to accomplish when you go!:flower1:. I think Easter should be fine for you in regards to you and your family and touring style, especially since you are not concerned about hitting the big roller coasters! :mickeyjum

So, April should be great temperature wise. The flowers will be in full bloom and little to no humidity! So, I say go for it! :earsgirl::earsboy: As you said, if you don't get things done on this trip you want to see or do, that just gives you a really good reason to plan another trip in the future!!:tink:

It sounds as if you have a really good outlook and realistic expectations on what you will be able to accomplish when you go!:flower1:. I think Easter should be fine for you in regards to you and your family and touring style, especially since you are not concerned about hitting the big roller coasters! :mickeyjum

So, April should be great temperature wise. The flowers will be in full bloom and little to no humidity! So, I say go for it! :earsgirl::earsboy: As you said, if you don't get things done on this trip you want to see or do, that just gives you a really good reason to plan another trip in the future!!:tink:

Thanks for all of this! :daisy: I keep going back & forth....if we don't do Easter 2017, we'll definitely be doing Thanksgiving 2017 - so we're certainly planning for 2017!! :love:

Originally we were shooting for another trip in 2017 but pushing it back to 2018!!!! I would like to go in September and go for the Food and Wine Festival. Also hoping by then all the new stuff will be done :D

Currently planning for November or December 2017. I was just there the tail end of February into the first week of March for my best friend's wedding and then a solo trip, and I really don't know how I'm going to wait that long to go back! :laughing:

My boyfriend and I will be going together, and I'm really excited for him to experience my favorite place with me! He wasn't able to come on my last trip because of work. We're looking at staying at one of the all star resorts- a cheaper hotel so we can splurge on food and other extras. If I can save more I might spring for one of the cheaper moderates, but we'll see. We're hoping to take advantage of his military discount if they extend military salute another year, so fingers crossed!

I'm still trying to choose the best week to go- I want the most Christmas I can get, and he only cares about the lowest crowds we can get (he knows there will be crowds regardless of when we go). I think the week after Thanksgiving may be the best time? Still need to poke around some more and wait and see this years crowds for that time of year.

was planning a Dec 2016 trip but the school schedule is having non of that. Looking at Jan 1-8, 2017.. hoping to book our room in a few weeks.

was planning a Dec 2016 trip but the school schedule is having non of that. Looking at Jan 1-8, 2017.. hoping to book our room in a few weeks.

You might actually like going that week instead. I understand the crowd really drops after the first as well as the price for the room!:thumbsup2
Plus you will still get to see all the Christmas decorations! A win win I would say!:dance3:

Currently planning for November or December 2017. I was just there the tail end of February into the first week of March for my best friend's wedding and then a solo trip, and I really don't know how I'm going to wait that long to go back! :laughing:

My boyfriend and I will be going together, and I'm really excited for him to experience my favorite place with me! He wasn't able to come on my last trip because of work. We're looking at staying at one of the all star resorts- a cheaper hotel so we can splurge on food and other extras. If I can save more I might spring for one of the cheaper moderates, but we'll see. We're hoping to take advantage of his military discount if they extend military salute another year, so fingers crossed!

I'm still trying to choose the best week to go- I want the most Christmas I can get, and he only cares about the lowest crowds we can get (he knows there will be crowds regardless of when we go). I think the week after Thanksgiving may be the best time? Still need to poke around some more and wait and see this years crowds for that time of year.

Happy for you! :cool1: When you are checking out resorts, you may want to look into Shades of Green. It is the military only resort that is located right beside the Poly. It has its own website. I think it is similar to a deluxe resort but at moderate level prices. It looks beautiful and peaceful.

I certainly understand your thoughts on going with a value resort to save the extra money for other things. I think it would also be a good option for the two of you. It looks like it will just depend on the discounts that may or may not be offered when you go. Think of it this way, it gives you something to fill the time as you wait. You can research and plan out scenarios and options for all three - values versus moderates versus Shades of Green (SOG). :cheer2:

Please give a shout out thank you and wave hi:wave: from me to your BF for his military service. I am so grateful and appreciative of the dedication of our members of the Armed Forces and their families too!

Thanks for all of this! :daisy: I keep going back & forth....if we don't do Easter 2017, we'll definitely be doing Thanksgiving 2017 - so we're certainly planning for 2017!! :love:

Easter or Thanksgiving 2017!!! Either way you will be there in 2017! It is a great time to plan and :dancer:!

Originally we were shooting for another trip in 2017 but pushing it back to 2018!!!! I would like to go in September and go for the Food and Wine Festival. Also hoping by then all the new stuff will be done :D

I think I am in the same :boat: as you. I am really hoping to go in 2017 just because it has been so long since I have been. But it looks like it might be postponed until 2018. We will just have to stick together and help each other fill the time!
I, agree, if we have to wait until 2017 or later to go on our trips, the plus side is that most of the new stuff in the parks should be done for us to experience and enjoy!:banana:

Happy for you! :cool1: When you are checking out resorts, you may want to look into Shades of Green. It is the military only resort that is located right beside the Poly. It has its own website. I think it is similar to a deluxe resort but at moderate level prices. It looks beautiful and peaceful.

I certainly understand your thoughts on going with a value resort to save the extra money for other things. I think it would also be a good option for the two of you. It looks like it will just depend on the discounts that may or may not be offered when you go. Think of it this way, it gives you something to fill the time as you wait. You can research and plan out scenarios and options for all three - values versus moderates versus Shades of Green (SOG). :cheer2:

Please give a shout out thank you and wave hi:wave: from me to your BF for his military service. I am so grateful and appreciative of the dedication of our members of the Armed Forces and their families too!
Thank you!

SOG is definitely something I need to price out- I know the pricing depends on rank, so that's definitely nice.

Trust me, I'm definitely driving him crazy with my constant "but what do you think if we did xyz instead?" :laughing: His usual answer is whatever I want, which could be dangerous!

I will definitely pass it along to him! I am very proud of him and what he does :D

Thank you!

SOG is definitely something I need to price out- I know the pricing depends on rank, so that's definitely nice.

Trust me, I'm definitely driving him crazy with my constant "but what do you think if we did xyz instead?" :laughing: His usual answer is whatever I want, which could be dangerous!

I will definitely pass it along to him! I am very proud of him and what he does :D

You are so right! He may regret his statement, "whatever you want!" I can definitely see how that might be dangerous! :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm already thinking of my next trip in 2017 even though I haven't even had my trip this year! :earsgirl: Next year will probably be a shorter trip (4-5 days) and I would love to go either in May for F&G (cash) or October for MNSSHP (DVC points). The opening of Pandora may also affect my schedule.

I'm already thinking of my next trip in 2017 even though I haven't even had my trip this year! :earsgirl: Next year will probably be a shorter trip (4-5 days) and I would love to go either in May for F&G (cash) or October for MNSSHP (DVC points). The opening of Pandora may also affect my schedule.

I can't believe it has taken Disney so long to develop Avatarland and Pandora. It was announced years ago. The movie was released in 2009, so it will be eight years between the movie and when the park opens. I vaguely remember the movie -- not one of my favorites. So, I am one that wishes Disney would have spent the money on something else.

I might see it if it is open when we go, perhaps not. My daughter is a huge fan of animals and loved AK. We actually spent two consecutive days at AK on our last trip just so we could really check out everything, so that is why I expect I might end up seeing Pandora when it opens. Otherwise, I would probably skip it.

I can't believe it has taken Disney so long to develop Avatarland and Pandora. It was announced years ago. The movie was released in 2009, so it will be eight years between the movie and when the park opens. I vaguely remember the movie -- not one of my favorites. So, I am one that wishes Disney would have spent the money on something else.

I might see it if it is open when we go, perhaps not. My daughter is a huge fan of animals and loved AK. We actually spent two consecutive days at AK on our last trip just so we could really check out everything, so that is why I expect I might end up seeing Pandora when it opens. Otherwise, I would probably skip it.

I believe I read somewhere that the release would coincide with Cameron's sequel to Avatar but now I'm hearing that sequel has been pushed back to 2018 so I'm not sure how much this may affect Pandora's opening date. SW Land will probably follow the same plan but the good part is Disney has full control over that whereas they don't with Avatar/Pandora. If Pandora is also pushed back because of the film's date change and Pandora could be ready by early 2017, I would think Disney will begin to lose patience.

I saw Avatar and liked it. I didn't love it but I'm very interested in seeing it at AK. Sure, I would much rather see something like Beastly Kingdom but something is better than nothing IMO.

I believe I read somewhere that the release would coincide with Cameron's sequel to Avatar but now I'm hearing that sequel has been pushed back to 2018 so I'm not sure how much this may affect Pandora's opening date. SW Land will probably follow the same plan but the good part is Disney has full control over that whereas they don't with Avatar/Pandora. If Pandora is also pushed back because of the film's date change and Pandora could be ready by early 2017, I would think Disney will begin to lose patience.

I saw Avatar and liked it. I didn't love it but I'm very interested in seeing it at AK. Sure, I would much rather see something like Beastly Kingdom but something is better than nothing IMO.

The Disney opening ahead of the sequel will be good for the sequel. I just wonder how it will affect the crowds at AK. As far as trip planning, I will still plan on day at AK, regardless of the opening. If it is open when we are there we will check it out unless the crowds are outrageous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter