Who should I call to complain?

If you are going to lodge a complaint, I would drop mention of everything except the painting situation. You saw the parking and check-in as problems but they were both part of the standard practice. You can't leave your car in the fire lane and check-in begins at 4:00 p.m.

Returning to your room and finding it being painted. That is a legitimate problem and should be addressed. I would pursue this as your complaint. That is not right and you should have been moved to another room.

Wow - sorry you had a bad experience. I agree that you have a right to complain LOUDLY!!!! If someone were painting my room when I returned I would be furious! - especially when my clothes were in there. You paid for the room and no one should be in there except housekeeping - it's yours for the time you rented it. It's inexcusable and very weird. Leaving the door open to let out the fumes is unacceptable when you have your personal belongings in there. I would definitely want more than $30.00 - the room charges should be taken off for the night (maybe 2 nights). If Disney wants you to return they should compensate you in some way.

Why would Disney paint a room when someone is renting it? Again, very weird.... hope I don't ever run into this situation.

lisajl you killing me over here! I not sure why but you have me cracking up with laughter

Primax....not sure if I should be offended or not!

Guess I'm glad you were laughing...and not flaming at my answer.
Better to leave someone laughing than mad!

Lisajl

Thanks for all the replies. but i feel need to clarify a few things.

1>
My wife was in the car during the attempted check in. My problem was not being told that I couldnt leave it there while she waited for me, but rather it would have been okay for me to leave it there, if I used his service, and tipped him. It wasnt so much a complaint, as a bad starting point for the trip. Plus I've done it before, with no problems. I am not a big fan of SELECTIVE POLICY, either tell me I cant, or tell me I can, I dont enjoy Policy Dejour.

Second,
the card they gave us at 2PM clearly stated the room check in was at 3:00 PM. So regardless of what is posted online anywhere, the literature given to us by the front desk of the hotel stated otherwise, again for clarity, I was not upset by not having a room from 2:00 - 3:00.. it was the additional 45 minutes when they new someone was waiting for the a special needs room.

In order to move into another room, which could have been an option would have taken about 2 hours. between packing, and unpacking. As I stated we were there for business, on a timed itinerary, so moving, unless we wanted someone to go through our stuff, and pack us and unpack us 15 hours before we had to pack up again and leave, wasnt an option this particular case.

Now for the painting.
The maintainance workers made it clear to us that she does this every day .. 32 rooms a day.. walking around, painting over smudges on the walls. I caught her, but there may be countless people who never even know its happening, at All Stars, or Poly... The manager said it isnt policy, but somehow, i dont think the worker took it upon herself to paint. who knows. Logic would dictate to leave when you saw someone's stuff, unless they are told not to care. Luckily nothing was damaged, or missing.

Compensation,
I felt at least 1 night should have been comped 100%. 30$ was not what I felt was adequately worth my aggrevation. As far as what I want from it, a trip to the concierge at poly. Sure, if they offered it. but this I DOUBT...
but I would be willing to settle on someones guarantee that they are going to go out of their way to make this trip flawless. at least to the extent it is within their control. meaning at the hotel.

Maybe throw an apology on our bed when we check in with a couple of soda's and a cookie. something to show they know about the mishap, and are looking to prevent any such thing from happening.

As far as going back to the hotel, We are not. We are going to All Star Sports this next trip, All star music NEVR gave us a problem, so we are optimisticly confining this to an ALL STAR MOVIES ISSUE.

Yes, there are other hotels, but no, they are not the same value, and therefore not a disney hotel. I dont agree with service being what is discounted by offering a cheaper rate, Deluxes are that way because of the room amenities, the monorail, dining choices, pools etc. NOT because the people who work in them are less friendly, or competant.

Yes, there are other hotels, but no, they are not the same value, and therefore not a disney hotel.

Well, after Dec 14th, you will have other Disney resorts from which to choose within your same price range, as Pop Century will finally be opening their doors!:)

I hope that your next trip is a better one.

Originally posted by PoohSizedDH
Deluxes are that way because of the room amenities, the monorail, dining choices, pools etc. NOT because the people who work in them are less friendly, or competant.
Certainly, you should be treated as a welcomed guest, no matter where you are staying on Disney property. Many of the complaints I read here are from people staying at deluxe resorts, so spending more money doesn't guarentee you anything. :(

I'm sad to say I wouldn't expect much in the way of better treatment the next time. It just doesn't seem to happen, no matter what has been promised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter