Who should I call to complain?

PoohSizedDH

Earning My Ears
Recently ( last weekend ) My wife and I stayed at the all star movies for a couple nights. We could not have had a worse stay if we tried.

It started with us attempting to check in. We got there about 2 pm. The bellman wouldn t let us leave the car under the awning, because we werent using him to carry our luggage.

Then after trying to get ckecked in a few minutes early, we wound up waiting until 3:45 before finally having to have a manager chase down the house keeping staff to get the room ready. 1:45 minutes to get into our room.

The next day after a business seminar at the Coronado Springs, we tried to get back for a couple hour nap, so we drove back to our room at the ASM, and what do we find ( at 4:00 PM ) A maintainence worker in our room PAINTING. Furious, I asked her what she was doing, she replied, Just doing my job. I immediately called the manager and asked what the explanation for this was, The manager said, they shouldnt have been in there.
She suggested that I go to lunch and let the room air out.

I know disney is safe, but Leaving my room wide open for a few hours is not my idea of SANITY.

She finally, after i called back again mentioning that the maintainence worker had painted in the closet area, next to my brand new clothes ( luckily i didnt find any beige paint on anything ) and my wife was currently washing her hands for the 2nd time because she had touched a painted area without knowing it, offered us a 30$ discount to be credited 14-30 days from our date of check in.

To me, this was inadequate, and it gives us NO comfort in the trip we have coming up during my wife's birthday next weekend.

Who knows someone I can call to formally lodge this complaint, and to see what assurances someone can/will make that ridiculas behavior like this isnt going to happen again.

We have stayed 2 times before at ASMu NEVER with problems like these. Our ressies are for *** next week. And I dont want my wife's birthday ruined by incompetence.

Email address:
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Snail Mail address:
Walt Disney World
Guest Communications
POBox 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

All Star Movies phone:
407-939-7000
Fax - 407-939-7111

Note:
The awning area is not meant for cars to be left while checking in. Your best bet would have been to park in the lot, get your room assignment and then move your car as close to your room as possible before unloading the luggage.

Check-in at the All Stars is 4pm. If your room is ready prior to then, great! If not, c'est la vie.

Oh boy! Painting your room? That one takes the cake!

With everyone's complaints about the resorts, this is the strangest one I have seen!

I don't feel that is adequate compensation either. I mean, someone messed up, and obviously they were painting the wrong room.
Why didn't they move you?
Would that have been better? What if they would have gotten paint on your clothes? Would they have had them cleaned?

This is a very strange situation.

Sorry this happened.

BTW, when we used POR we did not pull up to the door. We parked in a "30 minute" parking places reserved for people checking in. Do they have that at AS?

They wouldn't let us leave our car at the Poly either, even with DH sitting in it! We didn't have luggage (just a one night stay), and couldn't valet park because DS was sound asleep in the back seat. They made DH go park out in the main lot. They weren't busy at all. I was the only person checking in. It was pretty annoying.

The bell person & valet really made us feel bad for not using their services, but I can carry my own toothbrush, thank you!

Painting your room?!?!?!?
That's awful!
And leave your room open to air out?!?!? You've got to be kidding.

They are fortunate that neither of you are allergic to paint fumes.
My mother is and would not have been able to tolerate that room.

Definitely complain.....and if you aren't satisfied with the answer given then bubble up your complaint until someone does make amends.

The parking--I'm pretty sure there is a short term lot very close to the check-in area that you should have parked in--I'm almost positive it was pretty well marked--I KNOW that we've parked in the one at AS Sports before for exactly that purpose.

Getting in the room--yes, a room should have been ready at 3:00, but if you had made specific requests for view, etc., then you should have been prepared to wait for them. If youw ere willing to take anything, then there should ahve been a room ready for you.

Painting? TOTALLY, COMPLETELY, UTTERLY UNACCEPTABLE! First thing I would do is dispute the charges on your credit card. A $30 discount? No way! I'd want the room FREE for the night.

It's issues like these that make me say NO WAY to the AS's. I'd rather stay off site.

Anne

Did they even offer to move you to another room? I would have insisted on it.

That's definitely worth complaining about. I would think if they didn't move you, they should have credited you with that nights stay. Then again, if you had a discount code it probably wouldn't be but another $40 or so.

As far as the other complaints...if you're not using valet services you can't park in the valet area. At least that's how it works at the deluxes we've stayed at. It blocks the area for those who are paying for valet.

Also, rooms aren't supposed to be ready for check-in until 4. We've been lucky and checked in earlier, but unless it's after 4, there's no valid complaint.

Originally posted by peachgirl
Also, rooms aren't supposed to be ready for check-in until 4. We've been lucky and checked in earlier, but unless it's after 4, there's no valid complaint.

Peachgirl-

I thought it was 3:00 for all but DVC resorts, which are 4:00...but I could be wrong.

Anne

Painting in an occupied room? Wow that is bizarre!

You say you have stayed twice before with no problems.. this is obviously an rare incident - what kind of compensation are you looking for?

I agree with Anne... they should have comp'd that night for your inconvenience - but I hope you are not looking for something major - like a free trip to the GF Concierge? lol

What will make you happy?

>>^..^<<

Originally posted by ducklite
Peachgirl-

I thought it was 3:00 for all but DVC resorts, which are 4:00...but I could be wrong.

Anne

I had thought it was 4pm for all resorts, but I was wrong. It is 4 for the DVC resorts and All Stars...looks like the rest are 3. Sorry about that...

Other than the painting, which is kind of weird, there is really nothing to complain about.

As others have stated, they don't allow ANYONE to leave their car unattended under the awning while removing luggage. There is short term parking available for that purpose.

Also, since the guest arrived at 2 pm, and check in is not until 4 pm (which is clearly stated on the reservation confirmation), getting into the room by 3:45 is perfectly reasonable.

I am sure finding someone painting the room during the day was disconcerting, and the management was made aware of this at the time. I am surprised that they didn't offer to move you to another room, which would have been the logical move, but I wouldn't have expected any further compensation, above and beyond that.

Originally posted by lisajl
Oh boy! Painting your room? That one takes the cake!

With everyone's complaints about the resorts, this is the strangest one I have seen!

This is a very strange situation.

lisajl you killing me over here! I not sure why but you have me cracking up with laughter.

And the check-in wording is AFTER 4.
There have been others who have posted, about other resorts, about not being able to get into the room until early evening.
If I returned and someone was painting I would be calling the front desk and asking -- Which room should I move to and how soon can you be here to move my luggage for me? ;)
That part is inexcusable.
You would have thought the painter would have NOT painted the room once he saw someone was staying in there.
If it were me, I would contact Lee Cockerell's office. His address is on a main top thread on News & Rumors Board.

I know I may get flamed for this, but I disagree with a lot of the posters on this issue. I bet most if not all of us would be furious if a maintenance worker was painting in a closet with our clothes hanging right next to wet paint. If anyone's ever painted at their house, it takes anywhere from 1-2 days for the fumes to air out. In addition I know that at times workers come in/out of your room, but not when a guest is staying in the room.

I have a 2 y.o. and if I came back to my room to give him a nap and found someone painting the closets I would have flipped. Who expects to spend their hard earned dollars on a room, regardless of value or deluxe hotel, that is being "refurbished" during their stay.

I think they should get that night for free.

If this last stay was as bad as you describe, why would you go back? My wife and I had a terrible stay at the POLY on our honeymoon in 1989 and have never gone back. It sounds to me that you have something specific in mind for compensation and the hotel did not offer it. Aren't there other hotels?

Originally posted by Hillbeans
I know I may get flamed for this, but I disagree with a lot of the posters on this issue. I bet most if not all of us would be furious if a maintenance worker was painting in a closet with our clothes hanging right next to wet paint. If anyone's ever painted at their house, it takes anywhere from 1-2 days for the fumes to air out. In addition I know that at times workers come in/out of your room, but not when a guest is staying in the room.

I have a 2 y.o. and if I came back to my room to give him a nap and found someone painting the closets I would have flipped. Who expects to spend their hard earned dollars on a room, regardless of value or deluxe hotel, that is being "refurbished" during their stay.

I think they should get that night for free.

It would be hard to flame you when you seem to agree with what everyone else is saying. ;) So far all agree the painting was unacceptable. I just mentioned that since they already received $30, it's not going to be a lot of money.

The other issues seem pretty simple. They got their room by the stated check-in time and they weren't allowed to park where parking isn't allowed.

:rolleyes: Oops, you're right peachgirl. I guess it was only one person who disagreed w/the painting comment, I got a little carried away!!

I'm just shocked at the lack of common sense on the part of the hotel staff and maintenance people. I don't think any of us would be able to sleep in a one room hotel with paint fumes.

I would have been furious if I came back to my room to find it being painted! They should have offered you another room right away. My vacation time is valuable to me and it is obvious you had to waste some of yours. I would forget get about the other complaints and focus on the painting issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter