Who is in for 2018?

I'm here waiting to price out a trip for the last part of May 2018. Here we haven't even went on this years vacation yet and I'm trying to get an idea on next years already lol.

I do the same thing. Wish they would have given us a bounce back to come back next year when I was down there

I'm going next May prior to a cruise and wondering if it would be better to rent DVC points and book now or wait until rates are released? Also possible we will stay POFQ instead of DVC (hot topic in our house right now lol) and wondering if POFQ is usually included in room only discounts as it is usually excluded in free dining promotions?

TIA for any guidance

IME POFQ is not usually included in the discounts. Although we did love it we stayed there and would like to stay there again.

Patiently waiting on January 2018 to arrive when our 11 month DVC window will open up and we can make room reservations for our December 2018 trip
:hourglass:rolleyes1 556 days and counting. It's okay, just more time to save up for the trip. :teeth: Right?

We're booked for Wilderness Lodge! Going last week in Feb. We're counting on the room discount (hopefully for 30% but we'll take anything!)

We're looking at sometime in Jan or Feb. We've only visited at Christmas time or Spring Break...the busy times. Now that DD18 has graduated from high school I want to show her what the slow seasons are like.

Anyone know what kind of promotions they offer during this time?

You can usually get discounted rooms but you have to pick your dates carefully. For example the days near NYE or the marathon or MLK day may not be discounted, so you will just have to pay more for those days if your trip includes them.

Generally, we find the first 2 weeks of January to have decent room discounts if you are not set on any one resort (as that resort may be the one with little or no discount). Be prepared to modify your days and resort and you can get some good deals. Also check with the popular Disney TAs for prices.

July 2018 for us. We always go late Jan/early Feb but have a commitment in Orlando in July and thus need to brave the FL summer. o_O

We are very impatiently waiting for 2018 packages to lock in Sept/Oct accom for 13 nights. We'll do a split stay between 3 resorts (5/5/3) and are trying to decide whether to book all now and then hope for discounts or dining to be released next April, OR to rent DVC points at 11 months out for 2 of the resorts. Hoping to do Pop then BC and finish up at AKL.

It's all part of a 5 week trip (we are Australian) that will include 8 nights at DL, 2 weeks in Orlando and 2 cruises- one on the Dream and one on the Harmony (from FLL), that are both already locked in.

I know it's so far away, but it seems like I eat, breathe and sleep this trip at the moment. There could be worse things to obsess about :) :) :).

Last edited:
We're planning on Mid-August of 2018. Yep, it will be hot, muggy and completely unbearable, but that's the time we have always went. Yes, I can't stand the heat, but Minnesota is hot and very muggy during that time of year too. (However, I'm on vacation and I can go sit in a pool to cool off if I need to.)

Anyone have thoughts on doing mid-week stays (travel Tues-Tues or Wed-Wed stays)? Our work schedules are flexible so won't be an issue of taking odd time off but is it worth it to avoid weekend crowds and 2 w/e higher resort costs

We are going April 28 thru May 2 (as of now), but just found out the kids (3 and 8) won't be going :-(

Waiting to book for Marathon and Princess weekends. Maybe Dark Side too. I called and booked POFQ at rack rate for Marathon because I was worried about availability in my price range since I think it'll be a solo trip for Dopey. A nice discount at AKL or WL might entice me to switch... Mom's stuck on Poly for February so hopefully I can get something decent then.

Will be going for Easter 2018. Hoping to squeeze in another trip before that if I can get a good deal. Or talk the DH into it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter