Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

I just upgraded to 3.0, and my pre designed pages are now in another language too.....Did you find a solution to it? :(

I loaded SBC+ 3.0 on my Mac, and I to had this issue. I thought I had done something WRONG, as I am still learning on my Mac. Anyway, I called CM Tech Support and the person told me that this is something NEW they are doing. It is called 'greeking' (I think that is what the tech said) and it is something they are doing to prepare for the European market. Technically, it is just a place holder to show you how you can add text to the page. When I did a test book of predesigned pages everything shows up in English. I wonder how many calls Tech Support has received regarding this issue?

You are making me laugh :) I love your page.

Have you found the Touch Up features - I was able to ERASE!!!!! :yay:

The undo button was my biggest challenge!!!

I am having few problems and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing them too...

1) When I rotate a picture in the pictures - it does not rotate on the side but when I drag it to fill the photo square - it has been rotated.

2) I can't select everything on the page with Ctrl A anymore

3) I can't use the cutout feature for paper or flattened pictures. CM put it under the mat functions for pictures and I can't access it to do the cut out thing with the stars, leaves, etc - the function that used to make the cool border effect!

I think those may be bugs - but the trade off for now is worth it! I am losing sleep because I keep staying up to play with the program.

BTW, I heard that Stampin' Up is releasing their Digital Software called My Digital Studio on October 1st. The consultants that have it already claim that it the best thing on the market...I can't imagine that it is better than SBC+3.0. - but I am a little biased!

I can't select all w/ ctrl A either -- that is definitely a bug -- hope they get it fixed.

The photos rotate for me -- both when they are in the "photos column" to the right as well as when they are on the page? That's weird?

Yep -- I can't use those cutouts for anything but pictures either.... we could on the old version, right?

My photos rotate also when they are in the frame on the right. It did take a couple of times to do it though before it did, or there was a little bit of a lag time but I remember it finally did work.

As a recent SBC+ owner, I'm dizzy with all of the info I have been reading!!!!:lmao: You ladies are just too practiced!
Since I am a recent CM consultant, I thought it would be good to create my
1st digi-book and I did this past weekend. Want to make sure i can show what the mini -digi looks like to interest others in purchasing it.
My concern is that I am a traditional paper scrapper and am afraid, with the tons of supplies i have, that i will abandon one to take up the other. Did any of you worry about this too?
I am considering the upgrade to 3.0, but have not been successful in installing disk 2 of the SBC+ yet. Any hints? I am fairly computer literate. Thanks. Caroline

Yep -- I can't use those cutouts for anything but pictures either.... we could on the old version, right?

Yes, we could. I'm still trying to find a way around it. I think I did it by inserting a blank photo, using a cutout on it, flattening it then adding the paper I want. Maybe that is something that we can ask for them to fix.

As a recent SBC+ owner, I'm dizzy with all of the info I have been reading!!!!:lmao: You ladies are just too practiced!
1st digi-book and I did this past weekend. Want to make sure i can show what the mini -digi looks like to interest others in purchasing it.
My concern is that I am a traditional paper scrapper and am afraid, with the tons of supplies i have, that i will abandon one to take up the other. Did any of you worry about this too?
I am considering the upgrade to 3.0, but have not been successful in installing disk 2 of the SBC+ yet. Any hints? I am fairly computer literate. Thanks. Caroline

Caroline,

Welcome to the world of SBC+! I'm a CMC, too. I'm hooked on digi-scrapping, but I also love to do the paper albums, too. So don't worry about loosing that - you'll still have just as much fun with it as you did before!

If you already have 2.0, PLEASE get the upgrade. It's only 9.95 for a limited time before you must pay full price for it. You'll need it if you'll be working with SBC+ with future customers.

The steps to install 2.0 are pretty straight forward. If you're still having a hard time then call the Digital Hotline and ask them to help you. I'd hate to give you incorrect instructions. You may even be able to just install 3.0 using the code for 2.0, since they run independently of each other. It seems silly to install something, just to uninstall it a bit later. That's something that you can ask them.

I'm a CMC too and have found that my customers still do both even when they move over digital. There is also some hybrid people out there... you may want to try your hand at some hybrid pages and show that off too. My customers are happiest when they see that they have a ton of options available to them.

It is worth it to upgrade. It really is. I too would call the hotline: that is what they are there for.

I am having few problems and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing them too...

1) When I rotate a picture in the pictures - it does not rotate on the side but when I drag it to fill the photo square - it has been rotated.

2) I can't select everything on the page with Ctrl A anymore

3) I can't use the cutout feature for paper or flattened pictures. CM put it under the mat functions for pictures and I can't access it to do the cut out thing with the stars, leaves, etc - the function that used to make the cool border effect!

I think those may be bugs - but the trade off for now is worth it! I am losing sleep because I keep staying up to play with the program.

I have been playing around with this program so much that I am losing sleep!

Okay -
1) My pictures rotate now. There was a significant delay because I had too many programs open.
2) I called about Ctrl A and they are going to fix it in an update.
3) Okay - I found it - they just changed it around

If you take your paper or photo and go to the FORMAT ribbon - Under Effects - choose Filters. The cutouts are under Alpha Gradient and click on Select a different pattern.

If you want to soften the edges choose the soften edge filter.

I am sure there is so much more to find - but my Hubby and 4 children would probably like to have some clean laundry :)

Hi! Welcome to the world of being a CMC!! I started in November of 2001 - and I have a ton of traditional stuff! I plan to finish my traditional albums one day :) I miss it but it is so convenient to to digital because I now have 4 children and I can sit on the couch with my laptop and get pages done. 90% of my customers are traditional. They love to look at my printed pages but most of them are not ready or not interested to go digital. The only traditional supplies that I would worry about would be your stickers. They do loose their stickiness :)

Definitely upgrade before the price goes up. The second disk should only have packages on it.

There are a lot of CMCs on this thread to support you! I hope you enjoy being a CMC!!

I have converted most of my non CM stuff to be used in the SBC+ 3.0 format. I did this because I love to look at everything that is available - instead of going out of the program and dragging and dropping the elements from windows to SBC+3.0. SBC+2.0 did not have the cool package preview thingy (such a technical term:rotfl: thingy)

I have also moved my CM packages and my User Content to my EHD. I have SBC+3.0 pointing to my EDH for both of these (it is under the Welcome Page - User Settings).

If I open SBC+3.0 and my EHD is not attached it automatically defaults to the original settings and I have to "re-point" them.

As for organization - I learned the hard way to move the content to the EHD and then organize in SBC+3.0. I had originally organized while everything was still on my laptop and after I moved everything over - the folder that I created stayed but the content was no longer organized in them.

So far, I am organized by designer. I plan to make keywords when I get a chance but I should probably spend more time scrapping and less time organizing :cutie:

I also have organized by designer. Since I learned that the SBC+ filing system does not transfer over to Windows Explorer, I still name my kits the same way for easy reference.

I'll use Britt's stuff for an example. I have a file folder with her name: Britt-ish Designs. I name everything of hers starting with Britt, then the kit name, such as: Britt - Fish are Friends. If it's an alpha of hers, I do: Britt - Alpha - Brown Town.

It takes a bit longer this way, but it works for me.

I still haven't done much tagging. To many things to do. Besides, it takes away from playing with the program! :lmao:

If I open SBC+3.0 and my EHD is not attached it automatically defaults to the original settings and I have to "re-point" them.

As for organization - I learned the hard way to move the content to the EHD and then organize in SBC+3.0. I had originally organized while everything was still on my laptop and after I moved everything over - the folder that I created stayed but the content was no longer organized in them.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I had organized them but then had removed my EHD which made my organization disappear.

I'll have to try that again!

I have a question, I do not have this program but I am thinking about it, since everyone states how easy it is to use. Can you tell me if I make the pages, can I print the books off through some place like Shutterfly or do I have to go through Creative Memories?

Thank you, Stacy

Yes, you can just get your book printed through Shutterfly. Thats what I do and I find it really easy. You just save your pages as jpeg files and then can put a full page into each Shutterfly page. Just like you can put a full photo on a page on Shutterfly, you just pick one of your done SBC+ pages saved in jpeg instead. Super easy.
I know there are other sites as well but I find Shutterfly real easy and its easy to find discount codes as well!!

Hope that helps and isn't too confusing!
Jen

Quick question for anyone who may know.

I noticed in the shapes there are a lot of the older punches shapes - like the croptoberfest leaves, some of the micro shapes. What about the geometric and the bubble makers? I haven't come across those and wondered if I am missing something, if they plan on putting those on there, or if it is something you have to make yourself?

Thanks

Oh and organizing them and making sure my EHD was attached makes all the difference. Now I have them organized, they remained and I just have to make sure the EHD is attached before opening the program! Thanks to those that mentioned it!!!

Yes, you can just get your book printed through Shutterfly. Thats what I do and I find it really easy. You just save your pages as jpeg files and then can put a full page into each Shutterfly page. Just like you can put a full photo on a page on Shutterfly, you just pick one of your done SBC+ pages saved in jpeg instead. Super easy.
I know there are other sites as well but I find Shutterfly real easy and its easy to find discount codes as well!!

Jen

Thanks for the info Jen! I have done a small book with Shutterfly before as well but only used what they had on their website, I think that is how I have become hooked! I love traditional scrapbooking as well, but like one poster commented it is so much quicker and easier than pulling everything out just to get started! I also assume that this software is pretty easy as well?

Thanks!

Jen

Do you need to have the full program to save as jpg? You can't do it in the free download, right?

Thanks for the info Jen! I have done a small book with Shutterfly before as well but only used what they had on their website, I think that is how I have become hooked! I love traditional scrapbooking as well, but like one poster commented it is so much quicker and easier than pulling everything out just to get started! I also assume that this software is pretty easy as well?

Thanks!

This software is super easy. I have a young child and am pregnant again, so like most of us am a little crunched for time, but love just setting up my laptop and doing a page, here and there. I am in love with quickpages, which you can find in a million different places, for FREE!!! on the internet. There are a few things that I see the girls on here talking about that I don't understand but mostly just haven't had the time to look into. I looked into a few software programs, and also bought a different one as well, and would only go with SBC+ for ease and fun. Its the best.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter