Who has a "Leave a Legacy" tile in Epcot ?

Got one in 2002 for the family and have the nubmer written in a few places (like the back of my current ticket) so we'll have it if we want to visit the tile. It does make you feel like you have a part of you at the park all of the time. The "guaranteed" time period is 20 years. After that who knows? It would be a guest services nightmare but I do hope they come up with a plan that would allow us to get the tile after its useful life. I would pay again just to have it as a souvenier. But, if not, I've still got the Leave a Legacy certificate that came in the mail with the template and the stone location in it.:thumbsup2

Got one in 2002 for the family and have the nubmer written in a few places (like the back of my current ticket) so we'll have it if we want to visit the tile. It does make you feel like you have a part of you at the park all of the time. The "guaranteed" time period is 20 years. After that who knows?

It would be a guest services nightmare but I do hope they come up with a plan that would allow us to get the tile after its useful life. I would pay again just to have it as a souvenier. But, if not, I've still got the Leave a Legacy certificate that came in the mail with the template and the stone location in it.:thumbsup2

The photos are not on individual tiles.
They are cast on large stainless steel plates with dozens images cast per plate.

LeaveALegacy_zps433f7a37.jpg

DH and I got one in 2001 when we got engaged. :lovestruc We love finding it on our first day in Epcot on each trip.

In 2010, I took a picture of DH pointing to our tile:

My kids are on one. :) We also got it as part of a package. (I think there were three choice of things you could have as extras, and we chose this). I want to look for it each trip, but my daughter (my usual travel companion) isn't interested.

sadly, I have one with my ex wife. I have been debating how much I would have to pay Disney to rip it down. :rotfl:

This is not meant to offend, as I love the idea of having your photo semi-permanently at one of the Disney parks, but the look of those photo monuments in front of Epcot is UGLY :crazy2: in my opinion.

It's just more hard angular surfaces that look very dated (and they arent really even that old.) Its one of the very few things that struck me on our first visit in 2010. The whole entrance leading up to and around Spaceship Eath just has so much hard concrete, angular surfaces... Pretty uninviting if you ask me.

I would love to see those photo monuments torn down and replaced. (except I don't like the idea of so many not being able to visit their photo)

Dan

This is not meant to offend, as I love the idea of having your photo semi-permanently at one of the Disney parks, but the look of those photo monuments in front of Epcot is UGLY :crazy2: in my opinion.

It's just more hard angular surfaces that look very dated (and they arent really even that old.) Its one of the very few things that struck me on our first visit in 2010. The whole entrance leading up to and around Mission Space just has so much hard concrete, angular surfaces... Pretty uninviting if you ask me.

I would love to see those photo monuments torn down and replaced. (except I don't like the idea of so many not being able to visit their photo)

Dan

Your not offending me, and I agree with you to an extent. I too don't really care for the concrete surfaces right in front of SSE. However, instead of tearing them down completely, they should instead place them somewhere else, not sure exactly where, but not as you enter into the park. Maybe put them on some other type of structure that is not so crazy looking, sort of like the fountain in back of BLT that is made of the tiles that were bought by the founding DVC owners that have their names on it....they can make a fountain or some other type of structure using the tiles in Epcot. I too would hate to not have others view their tiles (I am one of them) whenever they visit that park.

Got two as part of a wishes package, dh and Ion one and the two boys on another. We love finding it. We keep the locator in the Owners Locker.

We got ours several years ago. It is on the left hand side as you're looking at SE. The tile is facing SE. We've found it once but haven't really tried to find it again.

We got one with a package 10 years ago. It's just of my 2 daughters. They don't like the picture but it is fun to see it.

Your not offending me, and I agree with you to an extent. I too don't really care for the concrete surfaces right in front of SSE. However, instead of tearing them down completely, they should instead place them somewhere else, not sure exactly where, but not as you enter into the park. Maybe put them on some other type of structure that is not so crazy looking, sort of like the fountain in back of BLT that is made of the tiles that were bought by the founding DVC owners that have their names on it....they can make a fountain or some other type of structure using the tiles in Epcot. I too would hate to not have others view their tiles (I am one of them) whenever they visit that park.

100% agree with this. Thanks for the reply! :thumbsup2

oops ...and I meant Spaceship Earth, not Mission Space. Man, I get those names mixed up all the time! You know what I meant though, the big golf ball :)

Dan

I have never understood the fascination with these things. It looks like a bunch of headstones in a cemetery.

:rotfl: This is exactly what my family always says whenever we see them!!! I'm glad we're not the only ones that think that. :lmao: I'm really not a huge fan of them. It kind of makes the entrance to the park feel a little like a bottleneck (pushing everyone towards the center garden). Everyone's always trying to take pictures in that area, while others are trying to walk towards Spaceship Earth. I just wish there was more room for pictures and people lingering in that area (at park opening and closing)

Dh and I have one from our honeymoon and we are wearing our mouse ears. WE have taken Nieces and I believe Nephew to see it.

I think I have 3 of them. 1 of me alone, 1 with a sister, and 1 with a niece.

We bought one back in the day, if you know someones name just go to the camera shop on the right (besides spaceship earth) and they will give you directions to that specific tile.

We have 2, along with the original cards to remind us of the location every time we visit!

DS1 and DS2 have one together. I enjoy visiting it each time we go. Has anyone done anything creative with the keepsake paperwork?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter