Who feels like a Thread-Killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...Brer_Yodeler...the kiss-up....moves his stuff out of the way..and whle I am setting up...the cel phone in my pocket rings...but i ignore it because i am busy....

Finally....all set...i reach over and speed dial a number with phone # 1....

nothing...no ring...no melody....I hit speed dial #2.....nothing

i take phone #2 out of my pocket and see "receiving message" displayed....

uh oh....

I found out later that Brer_Yodeler went to his phone booth and called my phone...and left his phone handset just setting there...that's the bad news...

the good news is...my phone ended up recording my song....

well, i looked out at all the Brer_Yodelers..none would look me in the eye....heads down...shaking their head from side to side...

I'm thinking.."BOYS! ...BOYS!!...all is not lost.."

I've been around the block a time or two...and have performed for years...

"the show must go on...break a leg...be a trouper"....

so...i wiggle my ears...setting a beat....foot pedal the drum to give the beat some body....

whip the xylophone sticks from the velcroed pocket of my pin vest and plunk out a melody....

put the harmonica in place and blow a mournful wail like a steam engine getting further and further from the depot...

i see heads start to come up....

I finger-pick the banjo from where I had ended with the xylophone....Noel Banner bells from my belt keeping a rhythm....

pushing the harmonica out of the way...i lean into the microphone and i sing...

Trailers for sale or rent...
rooms to let ..50 cents....
(i have their complete attention now...)
no phone, no pool no pets...
I ain't got no cigarettes....
Ah, but...2 hours of pushing broom....
bus and 8 by 12 4-bit room....
(they are standing now)..
Im a man of means by no means....
King of the road....

Third boxar midnight train...
Destination Bangor Maine...
old worn out suit & shoes...
I don't pay no union dues....
(they are clapping along...)

I smoke old stogies I have found...
short but not too big around....
I'm a man of means by no means...
King of the road....

I know every engineer on ever train...
all of their children and all of their names...
and every hand out in every town...
and every lock that ain't locked when no ones around...

well..i continued the song...and finished with a flourish...

I'm a man of means by no means
King of the road....

Yodel leedle lyedel ay....
leedle lyedel yodel deedle day.....

well...i was well received...to the point..the Brer_Yodelers treated me afterwards...

the platters of chicken wings kept coming and the iced tea kept flowing...

it was a fun evening....

how was your day?

edited because i had chcken WINGS....not chcken wigs...LOL....

careful there Brer_Papa you are showing "our" age with that old song.

One of my favourites by the way.:p I still remember all of the words and sometimes find myself humming the tune!!!

Been a busy time around here lately, trying to prepare the "house of slobs" for house guests that are arriving next Saturday. ::yes::

Almost have everything under control..................

Keep on a- pickin' and a-grinnin' :bounce:

uh huh...that songs an oldie but a goodie....and i figured the yodeler gents would eat it up.... :)

aaaah...the visitors from Holland...only a couple weeks now huh?

you figured your routes or itinerary any further?

BTW....i think DD was eavesdropping....i went out there and picked up some Grandkids....and saw she has a pair of swim fins on the sun porch...i looked at them...she saw me looking at them....she said they are thinking of getting a new swimming pool...

in her defense...she did have a nice pool at her old house...BUT...it was a bit of a coincidence i think... :teeth:

I was just a toddler when that song was popular but, it was popular for many years after that and, I remember it well. ::yes::

So anyway, my question is: How did B_Y, the kiss up, know about phone #1 being part of your show? ;)

And, did you get any pictures? :crazy:

Hi Kim!

Did the Cubs have everything working today or what?

Because of the elbow injury...Brer_Yodeler...the teacher...not me....had to explain why my debut was canceled...apparently, Brer_Yodeler...the kiss up...asked him a lot of questions about what my one-man-band consisted of....

and...all our phone numbers are on a roster that all the Brer_Yodelers get....
plus....remember...i am in charge of kilts...i had recently given out ALL my numbers...

have to mention too...in my phone booth, for example...I have my roster of all the phone booth numbers....and home and cel numbers that the Brer_Yodelers have provided...

That sneaky, sneaky man! :mad:

Cubs are 2 games out. The 2 we lost to AZ didn't help. :( Darn snake bites! :p I'm really gonna miss Alex Gonzalez tho. :sad1:

He is a kiss up extraordinaire!

Well..still early...Pitchers are doing well....if Pryor comes back the pitching staff will be even better....

Seems like the reports on Pryor have been inconsistent....

having said that...never discount the managing skills of Dusty Baker....he seems to fill the holes in batting orders...

Originally posted by Brer_Papa
never discount the managing skills of Dusty Baker....he seems to fill the holes in batting orders...
I NEVER will! He is a (normally) quiet, very effective manager. In Dusty we Trusty! ::yes::

:wave:
busy trying to get housework done today.

How/what is everyone else doing today?

BPapa, one week from today our Dutch visitors arrive. No we haven't figured out any trip plans for sure yet. We may wait until they get here so they can give us some input also.

:flower1: :rose: :daisy: :flower2: :daisy: I thought I'd pop in here early and wish all the Mom's on the DIS a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Remember all the ones in your life that :love: & :worship: you and enjoy those :grouphug: 's and :love1: 's because they are given with :love: !

I hope your day is as special as all of you!

:cheer2: :thewave: :cheer2:

Thanks for the wishes Brer_Papa.

Hope everyone (mother's included) has a wonderful day today.

Wishing us all nothing but :sunny: and happiness.

computer.gif
, to everyone!

Enjoy yourself today!
ladybath.gif
an23.gif
an19.gif
an25.gif
an6.gif
12.gif
30.gif

wine_glass.gif
icecream.gif
dozenroses.gif
1054-007-06-1040.gif
1054-011-04-1074.gif

1054-007-01-1028.gif
1054-001-42-1060.gif
1054-005-31-1028.gif

yes1.gif
!!! It's YOUR day!
calvin.gif

HAVE FUN! ;)

The Morning went well.....then I told Princess Ariel that I would take her to lunch.....wherever she wanted to go...

lunch went well....

then I asked her if she wanted to go any place else...ANY PLACE at all..

she said she would like to go to the Mall...she needed more yarn for crocheting projects....

so...we go....

it went well....at first....

we get into the Mall and she suggests that she go off to get the yarn...and i could do what I wanted...and we were to meet right back here in a half-hour....

so....i mosey around and end up in the pet store...and...there is a sale going on....

racing frogs.....12 of them.....so.....i buy them....and like a good boy..I am sitting where I am supposed to be when the half-hour went by....

odd....she shook her head from side to side the whole way home...

well...anyway....she wanted to crochet....so...i go out back.....and i build an oval racing track....complete with inside and outside rails......a "start/finish"line.....and even fancied it up by bringing some houses and little trees and stuff that i use with my electric trains....

the last thing i built was the starting gate....i used 2 6x8 boards about 4 feet each...capped both ends...made 12 little copartments....and i used some wire mesh so that upside down...i could see the frogs...

at last....i am ready to race....this way i can figure who are the fastest frogs....mst disciplined....you know..the real racers...

so.....i lift up the starting gate and i yell....GO!!

apparently, these frogs don't understand English...they just sat there...

i figured they just needed a prod...so...i get a yardstick and give all 12 a gentle nudge to get them started....

uh oh...

to be continued.....

they might not have understood "GO!!!....but they understood a gentle nudge on their bottoms....

off they went!

EXCEPT!! not a one was going DOWN the track! they were hopping over the inside rail....hopping over the outside rail....hopping up into the little village....hopping up and over the back of the starting gate....

it was around this time that i found out they don't understand HEY! GET BACK HERE! either.....

well...i start chasing them down....i get 3 of them...and put them back in the starting gate....which was upside down so the mesh was on the ground....leaving the top open now.....

they also don't understand STAY!! either because they promptly hopped out!

well...it was too much for me...so...

i put a cel phone in each ear.....call oldest DS on one...and DD on the other....when i got them both on a phone..i yell...HELP! I GOT FROGS HOPPING EVERYWHERE!!

well...they show up pretty fast....and the great frog round up begins....

i got kids and inlaws and grandchildren hunting them down....so i fire up the grill...i figure i should BBQ some steaks for their troubles....plus...i was a little tuckered out chasing the frogs before they showed up....

meanwhile....Princess Ariel was standing looking out the back door shaking her head from side to side....she did bring the steaks out though...

well...after the round up...i find they gathered me 13....

BUT! i think one might be a toad....

anyway....i am out of the frog racing business....i plan on selling all 13..including the toad....as a "baker's dozen"....13 for the price of 12....

Princess Ariel said she had a great day....the other Mom's in the group...DD & DDIL said they had a great day.....

hmmmm...maybe it wasn't so bad after all....

how was your day?

My day was no where near as exciting as yours was.

The only frog I saw was the bull frog, sitting on the artificial lily pad in the pond. He looked pretty lazy too, no jumping going on here.

For the most part the weather was great, although it has been thunderstorming for the last 4 hours. :eek: Before that the sun was shining and the temperature was wonderful.

Ordered pizza to be delivered from my favourite place ;) ..... tried to coax a stray? cat to come close but didn't quite succeed ..... did housework and laundry.

Anybody do something wonderful today.

Oh wait, I forgot the wonderful thing that happened today.

I got a visit from the Tag Fairy............. my tag was changed from "Would love to have a Captain Mickey antenna topper" to ........... "I love my Captain Mickey antenna topper" :p

Yay ::yes::

Originally posted by Cruisin'Kroezes
Oh wait, I forgot the wonderful thing that happened today.

I got a visit from the Tag Fairy............. my tag was changed from "Would love to have a Captain Mickey antenna topper" to ........... "I love my Captain Mickey antenna topper" :p

Yay ::yes::

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE TAG!!

AHOY Cruisin' :boat: !!

I did happen to read the thread where you mentioned that tag before it was corrected....

I wasn't the one that was supposed to be having the exciting day.....but, the Mom's seemed to have a good time...

I heard.."maybe you could round up the frogs if you mesmerized them with one-man-band music....."

they all got to giggling....

plus..it was an impromptu family gathering....the guys did the cookung and cleaning up afterwards....

we played Haunted Mansion Clue...Kara is still champ....

i dazzled them with "pick-up-sticks" moves...

then we just sat back and listened to the frogs chatter....i don't think the toad said anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter