Who Else Likes To Pixie Dust Fast Passes?

lugnut33

DIS Veteran
We are a rope drop family and as soon as the window for a fast pass opens up we grab them. Often times this results in us having fast passes that we are not going to use because we did everything we wanted to in the morning without the need for fast passes. We know that after our afternoon break we will be doing something different or heading to another park, so on the way out we find a family to hand all of our fast passes to. It's always so much fun to do that. The reactions range from being super-grateful, to happy, to being suspicious that complete strangers are being so nice.

Anybody else do this? Any funny reactions?

Never thought of it but what a fun idea! We've always been impressed at how most people are so friendly at Disney. We joke that it is because they are on vacation at the Happiest Place on Earth. I guess we are just (unfortunately) used to the rudeness of so many Northerners up here. :(

My husband and I do this almost every trip. This is particularly true at Magic Kingdom as it's not difficult to accumate quite a few in the morning hours and also ride everything multiple times. It's just the two of us, so we are always on the hunt for a friendly looking couple. It's a "pay it forward" sorta thing.

We've done it a couple of times too. The first time was at DHS for RR because DS chickened out. The family we gave the passes to were a little suspicious at first but then took them and said thanks. We've also offered extras for EE. In return, we've also been given FP for Buzzlightyear and RR. Also a couple gave us their rain ponchos as they were leaving on ME and we had just arrived. We in turn passed on the ponchos again.

We do it every weekend. We are locals and often don't even do rides, or get there early and don't need FP. So we always grab FP for the top rides (TSM, Soarin, EE,etc) and give them away. It's fun to spread some magic when we are so fortunate as to live here. Reaction are fun too...one time the person I was offering 3 FP's for TSM at 6pm asked me if I wanted any money for them :rotfl:

We've given a few away when kids chicken out on bigger ride but we do September when it isn't busy and sleep in stay late so we don't usually have "extra" ones otherwise.

We were lucky recipients going into mk one day this year. Someone handed dh a handful of non specified fp thandidjt expire for a couple days if I remember correctly. It was so nice to receive that and such a surprise! I assume their trip was over or maybe they didn't realize they were still good for a couple days idk but we were grateful!

We do all the time! We often have the same situation that you described and we always try to find people to give them to. We have also left them on the bus seats for people to find when they get on the bus to head to the park.

We do this all the time. My kids know the drill - "look for a group that has 5 people..." I can't tell you how many times people have said no - I'm guessing they weren't paying attention to what we were offering or thought they were fake. Maybe they just didn't like the rides? :confused3

We usually just give away our extra FPs, but there have been times I ahve gone to get FPs just to give them away. Drives my DH crazy - he doesn't get why I will wait in line to get a TSM FP just so I can give it away later. :lmao:

We always do this.

This summer, we were on a Mother/Daughter trip...we'd try to find another Mother/Daughter or Parent/Child combo to give our FP's to.

One night, with the stand-by wait at Space Mountain approaching 90 minutes, we "hovered" outside the entrance so we could do our "stalking" to find a good couple to give our FP's to...a Mother/Son walked up, saw the 90-minute wait, and immediately turned around and walked away.

We had to somewhat chase them down to give them the Fastpasses, which made us feel even more weird - but when we did, the Mother was almost in tears - of happiness. I guess Space Mountain was her son's favorite ride, and he was extremely disappointed that they weren't going to wait 90 minutes to ride it.

I'm not sure who is more rewarded in these cases - the recipients - or the givers...cuz I know we both felt pretty darn good after that! :lovestruc

We've been on both sides of this; if we end up with extra FPs we will sometimes pass them on, and once or twice we've gotten FPs from people who don't need them. Delightful either way.

I actually meant to do this on our trip because we got fast passes for TSMM and then got in the standby line and rode it in less than 15 minutes. We went on about our day and when I realized we weren't going to use our TSMM fast passes I told DH to remind me to find a family of 4 or 5 (we had 5 FP's) to give our FP's to and I walked right out of the park with those FP's in my lanyard and ended up bringing them home and putting them in our Disney scrapbook. But I had intended to give them away because the window of return had already passed and the family could have used them right then. My bad!!

I love it! Can't wait until our trip. We will certainly pass some on. What fun!
Contagious!

I usually end up with extra FPs that we give away. In addition to the occasional suspicious look, you also have to contend with those who are confused when you assure them that they are not "expired" FPs, but can still be used until closing time.

We were new to the whole Fast Pass thing our second trip. We had fast passes for Space Mountain late in the afternoon. My DH was just to pooped to walk all the way over there to ride one last time and just started walking out of the park. I was like "But we have Fast passes!" I got frustrated with him and started marching behind bummed because I really wanted to ride one last time, but was also tired. I started watching people as we were walking out, but never seen anyone with just TWO in their group. Right when we hit Main Street, I seen two high school aged looking kids. Walked up to them and asked them if they wanted to go ride Space Mountain. They looked at each other weird, like "mom told us never to talk to strangers" kinda look. I said, "I have two fast passes, will you use them here soon?" They got really excited and said thank you! I felt really good about leaving the park at that time! I hope to do that again this time! It really made me feel good to leave the park at that time.....pixiedust:

I do that as well and I love to see the expressions when they are handed the pass:) Makes me feel great..

We've done it at DHS -- FPs for ToT.

You get the suspicious, "what are you after" look, but when you explain that you're leaving and the FPs are good until close, they smile and thank you for them.

Our last trip in 2010 we went with another family and we all did the "give a day, get a day" promo and we each used the fastpass card on a different day so we had one for each park day. It was also a slow week in Feb so we used regular fastpasses AND had the extra fastpasses so we had lots to give away. No strange reactions but a few times we did have a hard time finding groups with the right number of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter