which thread is for me - help I want to get started

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
I'm really out of shape, pooh sized. I had been doing really well at the gym and on a walk/run program and then got side tracked. In spite of my out of weight 46yo body I have a strong desire to run a marathon. I am so envious of some friends/family members who have done this. I would like to be able to do a 5k in October and then build from there. Which threads on here are good for beginners and encouragement?

:welcome:

Hi.

It always good to have another person here. I too have a goal of running (eventually). I'm currently training to walk the half marathon in Cleveland on May 16. Several people have had luck with the C25k program on http://www.coolrunning.com . If you find that one to be too intense there is conservative one at http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Programs/conservative_program.htm . This program take 7 months as opposed to 9 weeks for the Coolrunning c25k. But you can probably start in month 2 (the first month is all walking). If you have a 5K in mind for October, I would sign up for it as soon as you can. Having a goal in mind (and not wanting to waste the entry fee) can serve as a good motivator.

:welcome: to the WISH boards!

You are welcome to join our Biggest Loser 9 challenge. It has been extended until May 21st and it's never too late to join a BL challenge! :goodvibes If you are looking for accountability and support it is a great place to start. Check out the first post in our thread to find out how the challenge works. You can participate as much or as little as you want. Lots of folks there who are running or getting ready to run the Princess in 2011. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

There are lots of other groups to check out and enjoy, too, but I am partial to the BL group. ;)

Good luck on your journey to good health! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter