Which should you book first ILL$ ride or Genie+ride

crickee

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide if, I should priotize the ILL$ or Genie+ rides to have a better chance of getting both types of rides. For example, at DHS should I book ROTR 1st or a regular genie+ ride such as SR, SDD or MMRR?

Trying to decide if, I should priotize the ILL$ or Genie+ rides to have a better chance of getting both types of rides. For example, at DHS should I book ROTR 1st or a regular genie+ ride such as SR, SDD or MMRR?
I think it depends on the ride! On the Genie+ thread I’ve read to book LL for SDD first then buy ILL$ for RotR, but other parks/rides the plan might differ.

I think the hardest is HS with Slink Dog and ROTR. Slinky Dog is gone in a few seconds. They are saying more Slink Dog Genie plus slots are loading soon after the first batch is gone. So if you don’t get it keep trying. I would do Slinky Dog first the ROTR. With the other parks it wasn’t that hard. We did SDMT first and Splash Mountain at 7:00 for MK and FOP and Safari for AK.
Im
Not sure what we did at Epcot but I think Test Track and I know we got Remi.

Last edited:
DH and I do it simultaneously. One of us does G+, and the other does ILL. We do it logged into the same account on the app. I don't think it has caused problems. We usually get the stupid pin request though, even if only one of us is doing it.

Side Note, this is really only a question for onsite guests, because offsite can’t book $ILL til park open.

Offsite guests should generally book G+ first.

DH and I do it simultaneously. One of us does G+, and the other does ILL. We do it logged into the same account on the app. I don't think it has caused problems. We usually get the stupid pin request though, even if only one of us is doing it.
What is this PIN request you speak off?

Sometimes, the app asks for a pin code. They send it to you via email. I don't know why this occurs. It's not all the time. I think it's when their network gets very busy. You can't continue booking your chosen G+/ILL until you enter the code. It's a real pain and very frustrating.

Sometimes, the app asks for a pin code. They send it to you via email. I don't know why this occurs. It's not all the time. I think it's when their network gets very busy. You can't continue booking your chosen G+/ILL until you enter the code. It's a real pain and very frustrating.

Especially when you don't have your email linked to your phone, that is a big pain!

Ugh, that would be infuriating.

Last week we did not get ROTR at 7am but I kept refreshing and trying once we were in the park for EE. I would see a time pop up but after selecting it would then not process. I kept trying though. Finally a little after park opening I got one for 12:35p. Dd could not believe it.

If you are trying for RotR, I would prioritize that. I only have a couple trips under my belt using genie +, but we were able to refresh and get slinky dog after it was sold out in the morning and I have not heard reports of Rise ILL availability opening up.
DH and I tried to log in and have one of us get the ILL and the other genie+ but I made the mistake of not teaching him the system first. Slinky was gone and he ended up booking ToT for just himself and not both of us😂. If you are with someone else this is a great option as long as you both know how to work it and confirm your times work.

I had reasonable luck finding times for ILL at ten minute intervals after the 0700 window closes for the first time (at 0710, 0720, 0730) back in JAN. The rides refill after the ILL reservations time out. That is NOT the case for Genie+. Assuming no major changes, I'll prioritize Genie+ and then ILL on a subsequent visit, knowing I may get another bite at the apple ten minutes later for ILL.

Pin? What Pin?

Pin? What Pin?

sometimes you get this error message and you can only proceed once you enter this pin number that Disney sends to your MDE email. My MDE email is attached to my desktop computer. I now just make sure I'm logged into my Comcast email on my phone before 7am. It's too much work to change my Disney email to my phone email. I know I can have another email on my phone but I don't feel like doing that either. haha

Pin? What Pin?

Disney websites use reCAPTCHA software (version 3) for login security. It is designed to work in the background.
Its primary purpose is to weed out spambots and allow actual human users through.
If, however, it cannot properly determine that you are human (or at least low risk of being a spambot), or it has any problem connecting to its own website for verification, it will send a PIN to the email address associated with the account that is being logged into for manual verification.
If you have ever had to type a "hard to read" word in an image, or click on "I am not a robot", or click on pictures of trees to log into a website, you have used other versions of reCAPTCHA.
The current version relies on tracking cookies, so if you are logging in on a device that limits or blocks cookies, you are more likely going to get the PIN email.

reCAPTCHA is now owned by Google.
It has been discovered that the current version favors those with an active Google account login.
There are concerns in that it does allow Google to track users on non-Google websites, including Disney websites.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
If you are trying to buy an ILL for ROTR I would def buy first since that can sell out in like a minute

I had reasonable luck finding times for ILL at ten minute intervals after the 0700 window closes for the first time (at 0710, 0720, 0730) back in JAN. The rides refill after the ILL reservations time out. That is NOT the case for Genie+. Assuming no major changes, I'll prioritize Genie+ and then ILL on a subsequent visit, knowing I may get another bite at the apple ten minutes later for ILL.
I did not find this to be the case. I got my G+ for Slinky for 9:40 AM at least 20 minutes after the 7:00 drop. When it started it out at 7 was for 5 PM and later.

Same with RotR - the first times popping up at 7 were for later in the evening, after 7:15 they came down, got 11:25.

This was last week - the parks were busy.

If you are trying for RotR, I would prioritize that. I only have a couple trips under my belt using genie +, but we were able to refresh and get slinky dog after it was sold out in the morning and I have not heard reports of Rise ILL availability opening up.
DH and I tried to log in and have one of us get the ILL and the other genie+ but I made the mistake of not teaching him the system first. Slinky was gone and he ended up booking ToT for just himself and not both of us😂. If you are with someone else this is a great option as long as you both know how to work it and confirm your times work.
There are occasionally small, sporadic drops of ROTR during the day, you can see the ones that hung around long enough for thrill data to catch them https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/hollywood-studios/starwarsriseoftheresistance/

I booked the ILL$ for ROTR and then Slinky Dog when the second batch of times dropped at about 7:11. Of course, the second time I tried that I couldn't buy G+ in time to grab the Slinky time that popped up at 7:11. It was very annoying but it saved me $30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter