Which rides or experiences do you love that are not as popular?

Our first few trips, we were all about the rides and never slowed down enough to do shows. Now that we've been going 1-2x/year, we definitely have our favorites!

MK - Carousel of Progress (I cry almost every time I hear "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"!) and Country Bears.
HS - I don't think anyone's mentioned Vacation Fun - it's a short animated movie in a tiny theatre. My daughter and I just howl with laughter for the whole thing.
Epcot - We love "Living on the Land" - it's one of my daughter's favorites in all of WDW.
AK - It's Tough to be a Bug

We love the Tiki Room - it never gets old. Plus, it's just a great piece of Disney history.

We also love Living with the Land as it's so relaxing and we always see something new. The last time we rode it, we were behind this adorable family that was sitting in the front row. They had a very little guy - I'm guessing maybe 2 years old. He was fascinated by everything he saw, especially the water :) . He kept crying out "water!". His parents were trying to get him to be more quiet, but I'm afraid our family was probably egging him on a bit as we were just laughing so hard. It was honestly just very touching to see him so completely captivated by a slow moving boat ride. Disney Magic !

Another shout to the the People Mover. On a hot, crowded day it's our favorite way to take a break from all the crazy.

I don't know why people don't give more love to the Laugh Floor. We were always told to avoid it, and we just decided to go in one time, and it was an instant favorite. You have to love dumb jokes (even dumber than Jungle Cruise), and trust me, my group lives deep in that well.
We love it! And it's really a great one to repeat because each time there are little differences based on audience participation. We usually do it multiple times per trip. And my husband is so "THAT GUY" and has been picked for it multiple times.

Mickey's Philharmagic. It's a very cute show, and has a comfortable seat in the AC :)
This show is just totally Disney to me and has always been one of my faves. It was the one thing that made me tear up this last trip when we experienced it with our kids for the first time. The kids trying to grab the jewels/their smiles and the music…first Disney tears of happiness for me!

The train at Animal Kingdom to Rafikis Planet Watch. Always quiet and cool and there are so many cute things to see and do. Not sure what it's like post covid but we met a ton of characters there years ago.
We finally went there right after Disney reopened. We enjoyed the time with the animator. He guided us in sketching Zazu. Our kids loved making the sketches that we went again on our second day at AK bc they do different characters but it ended up being Zazu again.

I second everything in this thread. The low-key stuff is actually what makes Disney such a special place to me. You can go to other parks for the thrills and cutting-edge attractions, but it's the things listed in this thread that give Disney World its heart and soul and set it apart from other destinations.

That said, I haven't done Turtle Talk yet. I always felt like since we're all adults in my group, it'd be one to skip. Sounds like I was mistaken.

Country Bear Jamboree is one I adore and it's sad how few people are usually in attendance. It's so funny!

MK: Country Bear Jamboree (family memories) & Hall of Presidents
EPCOT: Living with the Land
Hollywood Studios: Muppet Vision 3D

Extras: Electrical Water Pageant from the Grand Floridian beach & mini golf

AK - the trails, Dinosaur Play Area ( I will be SO SAD when my kids don't want to go in here anymore) and I LOVED KITE TAILS, I was a Kite Tails stan.
DHS- One Man's Dream
Epcot- Living with the Land, Exploring the Living Seas
MK- Tiki Room, People Mover, Tom Sawyers Island, Dapper Dans

Food Bonus - Wookie Cookie and Pongo Lumpia

I haven't been for over 20 years! I am not sure what is popular or not these days. But I think Carousel of Progress is just wonderful. I suspect my girls - aged 8 and 10 and on their first trip - will think I've gone mad. I love the song. I love the fact that it is an old attraction, part of Walt's original vision. So much nostalgia in it. I know times have to move on and I love all the technologically advanced stuff, but it is just so nice.

Honourable mentions - Hall of Presidents and The American Adventure. Again not sure how popular they are. Even though I am a Brit, I just love American history and the patriotic feel of WDW or at least how it used to be. My parents love the US and I just had a lot of that growing up - makes me nostalgic.

My fam has a series of running jokes about how much I love Country Bear Jamboree. I’m a guy from Buffalo with a Ph.D. who doesn’t like popular country music but I LOVE COUNTRY BEAR JAMBOREE. Last visit I sat in front of a 20-something year old guy who was professing to his love of it to his girlfriend who was like “really?” and I just turned around and hi-fived him and we both cracked up. I think my entire family and his girlfriend had the same look of amused disgust.

Planning our upcoming trip for Oct and I would love to hear your hidden gems! Things that you or your family love that are not as popular. Our kids are 2 & 7 and we have been a few times before so I feel like we have a good gauge on the popular things that we will do. A couple of things on our list are to ride Figment and visit Tom Sawyer Island.
I am looking forward to hearing everyone’s favorites!
We like carousel of progress. Yes it is dated but it's history is awesome. Walt and his team created it for the 1964 worlds fair in NY. It then moved to Disneyland for a while before it found it's final home at WDW. When it's extremely hot and humid it is 21 minutes of sitting in air conditioning.

Turtle Talk with Crush
Tough To Be A Bug
People Mover
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Spaceship Earth
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Swiss Family Treehouse

That said, I haven't done Turtle Talk yet. I always felt like since we're all adults in my group, it'd be one to skip. Sounds like I was mistaken.
Turtle Talk is really good... I think it's better than the Monster Laugh Floor because it's mostly improv and interaction with the crowd, whereas a lot of the Laugh Floor is mostly scripted with just a bit of interaction. Even if you don't have kids in the group, you should check it out at least once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter