Which rides or experiences do you love that are not as popular?

Carousel of Progress, I know it's dated but I LOVE that ride, when my girls were babies I used to sing "Great big beautiful tomorrow" to get them to sleep
My favorite too. My whole family knows it. I think it’s because my mom used to ride it with me and my son when she was alive starting in 1985. A lot of the old stuff she had.

So many great suggestions. These are a few from PP that I definitely would have also included on my list.....

In AK, the trails around the Tree of Life. The Tree itself is interesting - different creatures everywhere, so artfully carved into the trunk - and there are various living creatures in some areas, too.
One of my favorite memories from our 2018 trip is exploring the tree with my eleven year old son to see how many animals we could identify.

I love Turtle Talk. I’ve been known to sneak away from my group just to go to Turtle Talk, sit in the back and watch kids talk to Crush.
Yes! Turtle talk is sooo good. We went last trip and even though we were 4 adults and a 15 year old.

I don't know why people don't give more love to the Laugh Floor. We were always told to avoid it, and we just decided to go in one time, and it was an instant favorite. You have to love dumb jokes (even dumber than Jungle Cruise), and trust me, my group lives deep in that well.
Last month I made it a priority to FINALLY see Laugh Floor and I am so glad. We all had a blast.

Mickey's Philharmagic. It's a very cute show, and has a comfortable seat in the AC :)
Mickey's Philharmagic makes me soooo happy. Did it twice last trip.

Living with the Land, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, the Peoplemover, Tiki Room and the animal trails at Animal Kingdom are my favorites. Grabbing a coffee/snack and hopping on the Peoplemover is one of my favorite things to do at MK. Tiki Room may seem cheesy and lame to some, but I love it and I'll handcuff myself to the tiki totems if Disney ever decides to get rid of it LOL

Also adding on the American Adventure at Epcot but more so because it's a great way to take a 30 minute nap. Last time I saw the show my mom, the person sitting directly in front of me and the person sitting next to me were dead asleep for the entire show.

MK - People Mover, Monsters Inc., Carousel of Progress, Philharmagic
AK - Animal Trails, Tough to be a Bug, Safari, Take the train to the Affection Section my kids LOVED that
HS - All the shows (Citizens of Hollywood....we are really missing YOU), Toy Story Midway Mania, Mickey Minnie's Runaway Rail
EP - The performers in Italy and France are very fun, Living with the Land, Seas pavilion, Spaceship Earth

These are some of our family's favourites that are not the big popular rides. Honestly, just wander and enjoy. You never know what will be a hit.
Some years my kids just loved to play on the drums in AK, some years it was walking through the random spraying water at Epcot or watching parades and shows.
Don't worry if you don't get it all done, as long as you're having a great time, your vacation was a good one. I think people get bogged down in trying to see it all, take some time to stop and smell the roses.
Most of our fav memories from trips past have NOTHING to do with rides.

Star Tours. I get Star Wars, but I never wait more than 10 minutes and often walk on. Plus I get different stories, and really enjoyed the new Ep IX content I saw in May. Considering that the other two SW rides feel like you need a Normandy battle plan to get on, ST is a relaxing bit of fun.

MK - Carousel of Progress, Enchanted Tiki Room
Epcot - Living With The Land
AK - all the trails, Na'vi River Journey

I skip Studios all together.

It‘s a Small World, Carousel of Progress, ”Peoplemover” (Tom Morrow, calling Tom Morrow….:goodvibes ), Country Bear Jamboree (was my mom’s favorite…), Pirates, Spaceship Earth (no matter whether it is Kronkite, Irons, or Dench narrating), Horizons (that glorious aroma of a citrus grove midway through the ride!), Muppets (the pre-show is a hoot), Canada (the original was the best IMHO, but the new version is okay - not that we have a choice anyway), Impressions de France, which is my most favorite of all. We enjoy most of the rides and attractions, but some are non-negotiable.

I think the Magic Kingdom has the most low key attractions. And I love to do lay low days there just picking up the vibe and mostly doing things with the shorter lines. And then on top of those, I'll maybe use Genie + to do maybe three of the more popular rides too.

We like to ride the little red bus on Main Street USA, go on top, and wave to everyone and smile. I like to do my princess wave. Everybody waves back, and it gets us into a great mood. We also like to do the Pirates of the Caribbean scavenger hunt. I included a link about this in case you don't know about this. https://mickeyblog.com/2021/10/06/pirate-scavenger-hunt-returning-to-the-magic-kingdom/

Less popular attractions we like to hit at the Magic Kingdom include:
Under the Sea
It's a Small World
Mickey's Philharmagic
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Tiki Room
Railroad -- if they ever open this one up again lol (seems like it is always closed)

MK ones that’s exceeded my expectations: Storytime with Belle (I still hold this out as the best attraction at doing what it’s trying to do) and Carousel of Progress which I didn’t see until I was an adult because the couple times I was there as a kid my cousins poo-pooed it.

Joseph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter