Which is Rougher - Millennium Falcon or Star Tours?

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Probably skipping both but before I rule them out, can someone compare them or tell me which is rougher? Or are either not too bad? Any description is helpful. Thanks!

I'd say Star Tours is. You can probably find some ride through videos on YouTube that might help. After our last trip I knew I was done with Space Mountain and when I got off Star Tours my back really felt it too. But I can't say I hurt at all getting off of Falcon.

Thank you both. Are there lots of bumps? I was on Star Tours once at Disneyland but it was a few years ago and don't remember the details. And aside from that, haven't really done simulator rides to trying to picture how they can be rough. Guess the whole seat / room shakes and moves?

Probably skipping both but before I rule them out, can someone compare them or tell me which is rougher? Or are either not too bad? Any description is helpful. Thanks!
Thanks for asking. Looking to read replies. No more Star Tours for us. Would like to try the other.

I actually think MFSR has the *potential* to be rougher depending on who’s flying it. Star Tours has never bothered me, and MFSR usually doesn’t, but one time there was a small child flying who made a sudden turn that twisted my back.

For Millennium Falcon it really depends on the pilots. If they are rookies and they are continually nose diving, then Smugglers Run can be much rougher than Star Tours. I really don't find either one to be super rough personally, but having ridden both a ton of times, I still feel that Smugglers Run is a bit rougher overall though because it's a much smaller cockpit so you really feel the movement much more. My wife won't ride it any more due to motion sickness, but loves riding Star Tours.

I actually think MFSR has the *potential* to be rougher depending on who’s flying it. Star Tours has never bothered me, and MFSR usually doesn’t, but one time there was a small child flying who made a sudden turn that twisted my back.
^^This! We rode with a child flying left pilot once. This kid was no more than four. It was rough, and I ended up spending most of the ride staring at the gunner buttons and then another 30 minutes sitting and sipping water to regain a sense of normalcy.

Thank you for the replies. I probably should just skip both then as it sounds like MF could be rough.

Is it lots of bumps and sudden jerks? That's the kind of thing I need to watch.
E.g. No Dinosaur for me.

"Rougher" is subjective, but I would vote for Star Tours.

However, I think "rough" is a bit strong for these rides. I have had "rougher" commercial airline flights.

What bothers some people on these attractions is the illusion of movement created by the screens working in combination with the movement.

Soarin and Flight of Passage are older examples.

The use of screens mixed with movement is a big trend in ride design, so hopefully, you can handle these. You never know until you ride one, though.

For Millennium Falcon it really depends on the pilots. If they are rookies and they are continually nose diving, then Smugglers Run can be much rougher than Star Tours. I really don't find either one to be super rough personally, but having ridden both a ton of times, I still feel that Smugglers Run is a bit rougher overall though because it's a much smaller cockpit so you really feel the movement much more. My wife won't ride it any more due to motion sickness, but loves riding Star Tours.
Agree. Kids are horrible pilots and the ride is much more bumpy with them. If you get a good pilot, I would stay Star Tours is bumpier.

"Rougher" is subjective, but I would vote for Star Tours.

However, I think "rough" is a bit strong for these rides. I have had "rougher" commercial airline flights.

What bothers some people on these attractions is the illusion of movement created by the screens working in combination with the movement.

Soarin and Flight of Passage are older examples.

The use of screens mixed with movement is a big trend in ride design, so hopefully, you can handle these. You never know until you ride one, though.
Thanks. For me, I'm not concerned of motion sickness, but I have to be careful of rough rides that have too many bumps. Also need to avoid roller coasters but I know MF or Star Tours are not in that category.

I love Soarin, and am planning on going on Flight of Passage.

Agree. Kids are horrible pilots and the ride is much more bumpy with them. If you get a good pilot, I would stay Star Tours is bumpier.
My 17 is hoping to be pilot, but he's never driven a plane before so can't say if he'd be good....lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!