• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which hotel/motel would you pick & why?

Which hotel/motel would you pick & why?

• Howard Johnson's

• Candy Cane Inn

• Tropicana

• Park Vue

Results are only viewable after voting.
Also, since we will be there sun-tues, we aren't sure if we should get 2 or 3 day passes. Our flight leaves at 4pm on tues. Do you have to buy a 3 day pass to get magic morning on tues? We won't get off the cruise and over to disneyland early enough on sunday to use magic morning. Thanks!

3 Days, Period....Slam Dunk.

- You don't get MM with a 2 day hopper ticket.
- It's just a few $$ more for the 3 day hopper (which you will use on Tuesday).
- You'll get a crazy amount done during MM & during the first 4-5 hours on Tuesday.
- You won't be able to DO Walt's park (& DCA) properly in 2 days. 2.5 days (if properly planned & if zigging when others are zagging) just might be "enough" time to see & do most of the highlights.

Read DLR's MM superthread & other posts regarding THE BEST time to tour.

Ok, I did book the pool view hojo because the disney view was no longer available. You snooze you lose I guess. :headache: I emailed Lorealle just to make sure there were no disney views avail and to put me on a wait list if there is such a thing. Also, even though I booked pool view, the actual confirmation doesn't say that. It has the pool view price though. I wonder if I should print off the quote that says pool view because the confirmation just says 2 queen beds room. Strange.:confused3

Ok, I heard back from Lorealle. Disney view rooms are currently all booked! I can't believe that in the 1 week I started researching this (just decided to extend vacation 2 days for DL on 5/13!), I lost out on disney view!:headache: She said to keep checking and 1 one might become available and they can switch me if it does.

So, those of you who've had the pool view, is that an even longer walk? That is building #2, right? On the up side, I'm assuming pool view will put us right by the new pools, hopefully done by the time we get there?

Oh, and now I'm thinking about booking Tropicana as a back up now too. Because if the summer goes on and it doesn't look like the hojo pool is going to be done in time for our visit, I think we may opt for close with free breakfast.

Just a comment about the Park Vue - it's gross! We stayed there in August. It wasn't the cleanest place, to say the least. The housekeeping service was very uneven. We had 5 in our room and sometimes they only left 2 towels. They never replaced used mugs or glasses and never cleaned the coffee maker after we used it. Then there was the giant cockroach! We tried to trap it under the ice bucket in the bathroom but it escaped. My DH finally whacked it with his shoe at 1:30 a.m. Two days later, the ice bucket was still overturned on the floor. No one bothered to remove it or give us a new one.

The location is the best of any of the hotels on Harbor. It's the closest to the crosswalk that leads to DL's main entrance. The place always seems to be busy. And I think they've let their service slip because people will stay there anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Oh no! I booked the Park Vue for the location and the fact that I could get a room with bunkbeds. I have 2 kids-boy age 10, girl age 8- and they don't really like to sleep together any more so when we go out of town I usually end up sleeping with my daughter and hubby sleeps with son. They are not the easiest kids to sleep with so the bunkbeds seemed to be a blessing for all of us. :woohoo: But if the rooms aren't clean...:eek: I think I'd rather be sleeping with my daughter at another hotel!

We stayed at HoJos on our last trip and we enjoyed it. We like to try different places to stay and wanted to try something a bit closer this time. Other than that there is no reason I wouldn't stay at HoJos again.

Haven't stayed at the other 2. Although I may be checking on CCI to see if there is availability. Since we are only 3 weeks out from our trip though I am skeptical that we will find anything open close and be able to change our reservations.

We are booked for HOJOs for mid-July without the ent rate and I was really struggling with whether to switch places if the pool isn't completed since that was a very big reason for booking there. SO, after a thread about switching, several posters convinced me to book at Tropicana. The breakfast I didn't really care about too much because it's so easy to grab muffins at a store or at Hojos shop. What I hadn't thought about before was those mid-day breaks with my kids (11, 8 and 5). I honestly don't know if I'd take them if I had to walk even 5 minutes farther. Being right there is a big pull. The pool looks fine too. DOn't get me wrong, if the Hojos pool is done by then, I'll be there, but it doesn't look likely. Also, the microwave was another big reason since I wouldn't have had one at Hojos. Besides heating up leftovers, my girls are crazy about popcorn so we'll be taking some with us.

BY the way, I really would keep checking on those premium rooms - who knows how many people are double-booked waiting to see if the pool gets done. Just a thought. Good luck with your decision!

I'm staying at the HOJO next week for 9 nights, I'm really looking forward to it from the comments I've read on here...plus the customer service I've already received from Lorealle has been above and beyond!!

Don't forget they will have the new Castaway Cove pool, if that is an interest to you...I sure wish it were going to be there when I'm there!!

So far, no premium rooms avail for sun. 1 for mon, but hate to book with a switch on a 2 night stay. Has anyone stayed in the pool view rooms at Hojo? Pros/cons?

Also, I know someone mentioned the Best Western Park Place Inn even though its not one of the 4 in the poll. It seems they have minisuites, which would be nice, but at $162/night, its out of our price range. Does anyone know if they have any discounts to get that down to the $130 range like the others?

We always stay in the bldg. 2 pool view rooms (NQQ2).

Pros: Quieter in general, cheaper, easier to find parking back there.

Cons: No micro, some don't have balconies (you have to request one if you want it), most don't have vanity/sink outside main bathroom.

BWPPI discounts? Have you tried AAA? Try search engines like Kayak to see if you can find a lower rate.

think the HoJo has a nicer swimming area (although the HoJo's swimming pools are in the middle of a major renovation, and they probably won't be finished until the end of July).

I just wanted to clarify that yes, our Main Pool Area is completely closed for the renovations that will turn it into Castaway Cove, and it will not reopen until the end of July this year- but! our Garden Pool has also been newly renovated, and it's open for business now! :goodvibes

Hope this helps!
Lorealle

Thanks Lorealle! Crossing my fingers construction is on time and done by our 8/10 stay! I know my son will LOVE the Pirate Ship Pool. In fact, I just told my dh that if the parks are really really crowded, I know my kids will just want to swim in the pools! haha

Thanks Lorealle! Crossing my fingers construction is on time and done by our 8/10 stay! I know my son will LOVE the Pirate Ship Pool. In fact, I just told my dh that if the parks are really really crowded, I know my kids will just want to swim in the pools! haha

It's my pleasure! :thumbsup2

And if Castaway Cove construction is not done by August 10th, I think my head will explode! :laughing:

What's MiMi's?

Mimi's is a restaurant on Harbor and Manchester that serves really great food and is a favorite of locals and guests in the Anaheim Resort area!

Here's a link to their website: http://mimiscafe.com/ , and if you'd like to take a look at their menu, the zip code here in Anaheim is 92802.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes
Lorealle

Don't know if everyone forgot or are keeping it hush hush:confused3
But remember there is a disboard member discount code lndb that gets you 20% off.It is the next highest discount to ent rate,AAA and AP rate I believe are onlt 15%.;)

Don't know if everyone forgot or are keeping it hush hush:confused3
But remember there is a disboard member discount code lndb that gets you 20% off.It is the next highest discount to ent rate,AAA and AP rate I believe are onlt 15%.;)

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure the Disboard discount is only 15% off. It's the AP discount that was raised to 20%.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the Pirates Cove will not have a pool. The little kids wading pool will still be there but not a pool you can swim in. You'll need to go to the garden pool for swimming.

Sorry for my inartful wording...I don't think Pirate ship is actually a pool, but a ship with water stuff on it. Here is Lorealle's description on Hojo discussion boards:

HoJo's Castaway Cove is now under construction!
by Lorealle on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:01 pm

Happy Friday Everybody!

I've got a lot of really great information for those of you out there keeping up with our improvements! As of yesterday, May 1st, our Main Pool Area has now closed permanently*. The Main Pool will be replaced by Castaway Cove - a watery pirate playground featuring:

+ 30-foot Pirate Ship with Two Slides
+ Cargo net Climb
+ 300-Gallon Drench Bucket
+ Water Curtain & Water Umbrella
+ Water Canons

*Speedy's Sprayground, the Wading Pool and the Hot Tub will remain as part of Castaway Cove, but will be closed for the whole of the duration of the renovations.

As an alternative to Speedy's Sprayground, families in search of water fun for younger kids will love splashing around at 'Princess Dot's Puddle Park' located in Disney's California Adventure park! This water playground is the perfect place to cool off! Tots will enjoy splashing around with the leaky spigot and oversized garden hose, and the sprinkler nozzle that shoots water will bring squeals of delight to all! [This attraction closes at dusk, and tops, bottoms & shoes are required. Family restrooms for changing are available right next door.]

Of course, our newly renovated, family-friendly Garden Pool next to Building 2 is now open for you and your family to enjoy during your stay with us! With a maximum depth of 5-feet, an expanded deck area, and showers- we are confident that it will become a favorite place to lounge! [Keep checking back, because we will be taking pictures of the new Garden Pool to post here!] The Garden Pool is open from 9a-10p daily.

We have a very conservative estimate that Castaway Cove will reopen at the end of July, and that its hours of operation will be 9a-12a for the whole of the facility, with the Pirate Ship closing at dusk [Speedy's Sprayground, the Wading Pool & the Hot Tub will remain open for use until 12a].

Thank you all so much for your continued patience! As always, I am more than happy to help answer any questions or address any concerns that you might have, so please feel free to email me at Lorealle.Bishop@hojoanaheim.com!

Have a great weekend!
Lorealle
Last edited by Lorealle on Tue May 20, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorealle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter