Which COVID test did you get at Walgreen's in Orlando?

Cool! Did they just email it to you, then?

That's interesting about not asking for ID. I guess government regulations don't require that they definitely confirm it was you?

They email you a link to view your results. You can download a PDF. When we arrived for the test they just asked for Name. (I had to fill in all other information before making the appointment)

How many people were in your group? Did you make the appointments back to back?
I was the only one that needed a test. (Friend I was travelling with is from the US)

WELP- back to this topic. Beeper MD screwed me. Despite me telling then I couldn’t receive calls or texts, they tried calling only and left without doing my test. I hope these places can take short notice.

WELP- back to this topic. Beeper MD screwed me. Despite me telling then I couldn’t receive calls or texts, they tried calling only and left without doing my test. I hope these places can take short notice.
When do you fly back? There are appointments available for noon tomorrow at the Walgreens at:
7301 STATE ROAD 535
Windermere, FL 34786

When do you fly back? There are appointments available for noon tomorrow at the Walgreens at:
7301 STATE ROAD 535
Windermere, FL 34786
YOU. Are a very special person. Got an appointment while waiting at Be Our Guest, lol. Used the “use your hotel as an address” trick and got in. Hopefully all goes well- I’ll have to cab from MK to Walgreens (Google says 20 minutes?).

Thank you so much!

ID Now looks like the correct kind of molecular test. I don’t drive so I’ll have to call them to set up a regular appointment.

ID Now looks like the correct kind of molecular test. I don’t drive so I’ll have to call them to set up a regular appointment.
I'd see about getting a taxi or Uber that are willing to do the drive through with you. Easy test and quick results.

I'd see about getting a taxi or Uber that are willing to do the drive through with you. Easy test and quick results.
Man you weren’t kidding. mears taxis took me there just fine and the driver repeated instructions from the pharmacist and I got my negative result in barely an hour! I was expecting to wait a day!

according to the nears dispatcher, most cabbies should be able to drive through.

@Jabroniville if you don't mind my asking, how did you go about booking the Mears taxi (call day of? book ahead of time?) and how much did they charge? I'm wondering if they will pick us up midday at Epcot, bring us for the testing, then drive us back.

@Jabroniville if you don't mind my asking, how did you go about booking the Mears taxi (call day of? book ahead of time?) and how much did they charge? I'm wondering if they will pick us up midday at Epcot, bring us for the testing, then drive us back.
I just walked to the contemporary and got one there. The concierge outside hooked me up with one of the multiple cab vans out at their departure area. I asked to check if the guy could take me through the pharmacy and she just muttered “I ALWAYS check” in a somewhat annoyed tone, haha.

I’m not sure about Epcot, but just bailing to the Contemporary might be fastest. It’s not far.

Which one is accepted for travel back into CANADA?

Orlando area Walgreens has three options.

Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW)
or
Diagnotic Lab Test (PCR)

I know the third option (Rapid Antigen Test) is not accepted for travel back to CANADA.

The reason I asked, I booked the PCR test, and after taking the test I was advised I would receive the in 3 to 5 days. Well any longer that 72 hours and the test will not be accepted.

Is the Rapid Diagnostic test (ID NOW) an acceptable test to return to Canada? Results are available in under 24 hours. I have made an appointment as a back up if I do not get the PCR results in time.

View attachment 607038
Rapid ID is a NAAT and acceptable for Canada

I just walked to the contemporary and got one there. The concierge outside hooked me up with one of the multiple cab vans out at their departure area. I asked to check if the guy could take me through the pharmacy and she just muttered “I ALWAYS check” in a somewhat annoyed tone, haha.

I’m not sure about Epcot, but just bailing to the Contemporary might be fastest. It’s not far.

Great idea! I think we'll walk over to Beach Club and get a taxi from there. Do you remember how much they charged? And did they bring you straight back to the resort after?

Sidenote...that's shocking to me that the concierge was like that in such an expensive resort. Maybe they were just having a bad day, but there's so many people reporting less than friendly service at WDW lately.

Great idea! I think we'll walk over to Beach Club and get a taxi from there. Do you remember how much they charged? And did they bring you straight back to the resort after?

Sidenote...that's shocking to me that the concierge was like that in such an expensive resort. Maybe they were just having a bad day, but there's so many people reporting less than friendly service at WDW lately.
It cost me $40 round-trip from the Contemporary to the Walgreens in Windermere and back, but I tipped super-well for the guy's trouble, lol.

Maybe I was just reading that into her voice- but I kind of have this manner with people were I'm fairly abrupt or have a tone that turns people off, but I'm usually impeccably kissing-up to Disney workers or people in general when I'm on vacation! But possibly she was having a bad time of it.

I'm on a lot of servers where there are Disney workers, and particularly in the hotels they're just completely bagged. Disney cut all the jobs for a year and now suddenly parks are as busy as ever with little staff, so everyone is being hired on half-trained or the old employees are just overloaded with doing OT or doing the jobs of 2-3 people.

You REALLY want to see a Disney person with an attitude, check their reaction when someone walks indoors without a mask on. I've heard CMs shout from across an entire store "SIR? DO YOU HAVE A MASK?" and then make a beeline straight for the guy. You can tell they're not normally allowed to yell at guests but this time they CAN, and they're reveling in it, lol.

We used the Rapid ID NOW test which is a NAAT test in August. The NAAT was acceptable by Canadian border services. We got our results about an hour or so after we took the test. We used the Walgreens drive through.
we won't have a car We are using the shuttle. Do you think we can take an uber or is there a walk in somewhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!