Which conspiracy theories do you believe?

LOL, I read about him yesterday. Last night he was part of the all star weekend events, and all I kept thinking about was the article I read. He is one of my ds' favorite players and we watch every game, I just won't be able look at him the same anymore LOL.

I know. Same here with my DS. (Although nobody compares with LeBron in his book).

Just another reason why entertainers and sports stars should just keep quiet about their personal beliefs. Just because they are good at one thing doesn't mean they are good at something else. Or that they have even a drop of common sense.

Last edited:
I know. Same her with my DS. (Although nobody compares with LeBron in his book).

Just another reason why entertainers and sports stars should just keep quiet about their personal beliefs. Just because they are good at one thing doesn't mean they are good at something else. Or that they have even a drop of common sense.

We are going to a game in a couple weeks. I'm thinking of dressing up as Columbus and bringing a globe to taunt him. (They are playing my favorite team :rotfl:)

We are going to a game in a couple weeks. I'm thinking of dressing up as Columbus and bringing a globe to taunt him. (They are playing my favorite team :rotfl:)

:rotfl2:

And BTW, my son would be quite jealous. We haven't had a pro basketball team since long before he was born, and it's his favorite sport.

Enjoy taunting your son!

I'd like to think I had a hand at nipping a small conspiracy theory in the bud. Back in the late '80s, there was a horrific air show crash at Ramstein Air Base in Germany. Many people were killed and even more badly injured. I was the official Air Force spokesperson for the whole thing. One of the oddities in the situation was out of all the carnage, only one American died.

About a week after the crash we were still neck deep in media queries when I got one from a Dutch reporter. The gist of his conspiracy theory was there were many more Americans killed but we loaded those bodies on a C-5 military plane (enormous transport plane) and flew them home to hide the actual death toll and the number of Americans killed. I was flabbergasted and infuriated in equal measure. I pushed back hard with the following basic points.

1. The allegation was horrifying and insulting to a great NATO ally and unworthy of their otherwise respectable newspaper.

2. There was absolutely no way hundreds of grief-stricken American families would participate in this sort of conspiracy and keep their mouths shut as they buried their loved ones. I told the reporter he obviously misunderstood Americans if he thought this was remotely possible.

3. We, the American government, would pursue this massive libel and slander in every American, Dutch and international court to achieve justice. (Vast overreach on my part since I certainly didn't have that authority, but I must have sounded very convincing.) We, I said, would own his newspaper and force a retraction.

My passion, simmering rage (and exhaustion) must have reached him. The story never ran. Yay me.

I know. Same here with my DS. (Although nobody compares with LeBron in his book).

How DARE he show he had an opinion on something! Especially one that isn't the same as yours!!

Yes, I know what he says is wrong but you're basically saying 'don't talk clown, just dance for me'.

Would you like it if we said, save your talking for your job please..we don't want you to post your opinion? Pretty rude and condescending, right?

How DARE he show he had an opinion on something! Especially one that isn't the same as yours!!

Yes, I know what he says is wrong but you're basically saying 'don't talk clown, just dance for me'.

Would you like it if we said, save your talking for your job please..we don't want you to post your opinion? Pretty rude and condescending, right?

Having a bad day?

I don't care for celebrity opinions. I've heard too many of them lately. Just because they are an expert in one area does not mean they are experts in every other area they want to speak about.

And yes, the fact that he is 100% wrong and making himself look like an idiot very much makes a difference.

Having a bad day?

I don't care for celebrity opinions. I've heard too many of them lately. Just because they are an expert in one area does not mean they are experts in every other area they want to speak about.

And yes, the fact that he is 100% wrong and making himself look like an idiot very much makes a difference.

Not at all..my team is winning, I'm on the right side of the grass. Life is good.

You're not the first one to say it, and I just don't get the mentality of 'you're not paid to think therefore I don't care what you have to say'.

Sure, he's an idiot for believing it but he does have a right to say it.

Not at all..my team is winning, I'm on the right side of the grass. Life is good.

You're not the first one to say it, and I just don't get the mentality of 'you're not paid to think therefore I don't care what you have to say'.

Sure, he's an idiot for believing it but he does have a right to say it.

You sure picked a bad example to make this point with.

He's the poster child for why celebrities should stick to what they know best.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories but I do think there are times, perhaps more than I'd like to think about, where the public isn't given all the details.

This is just as hypothetical example but if something like a safety issue caused a plane to crash I would want to know and know that it was being fixed rather than my attention being diverted elsewhere.

As for the Kennedy Conspiracy theory, no matter what argument you come up with, will not make him any less dead. Time to move on.. that was 54 years ago. If it ain't been proven by now, it isn't going to ever be!

In my experience, people are very poor secret keepers. In fact, most people LOVE sharing secrets...
Good point. We wouldn't get any of our advanced notice from trusted sources, who must not be named because they really aren't supposed to be sharing information, on this board if it weren't for people who love to share secrets :P

If you would have used Meryl Streep as your example, I still would have quoted you.

Most celebrities are quite intelligent. They are allowed to have opinions as well. Their platform is the media, they use what they have.

I'm not so much saying they should spout off every time a camera or mic is in their face, I'm saying they have the right to do so, just like you or I.

Call me crazy, but I totally believe there is proof of alien life in Area 51. Even my husband, who is Colonel in the army (for 30 years now) believes it.
I'm not sure about Area 51 perse but I think in all the universe we can't possibly be the only beings out there. That to me is not a conspiracy theory it's just looking at the vastness out there and I just can't imagine that our planet is the only one that has life (in the sense that most of us are thinking not talking microorganisms). What I do find is interesting is how the History Channel has jumped on the whole aliens, aliens, aliens bandwagon and in many cases the stereotypical aliens.

If you would have used Meryl Streep as your example, I still would have quoted you.

Most celebrities are quite intelligent. They are allowed to have opinions as well. Their platform is the media, they use what they have.

I'm not so much saying they should spout off every time a camera or mic is in their face, I'm saying they have the right to do so, just like you or I.

Of course they can say whatever they like. Just as I am free to disagree with what they say. But entertainment is my escape from political commentary. And contrary to your opinion, I don't want to hear any of it from them, whether I agree with them or not.

And we'll have to agree to disagree whether "most" of them are quite intelligent.

You can also edit film footage to look like something is happening that really isn't. I remember when I was in my teens, they filmed a scene from a Kevin Costner movie about a mile from my house. Two guys on bikes being chased by a mean dog. Because I had lived there my entire life, I could tell the scene took them around the same corner 3 times without ever changing direction. But, movie goers would never notice that. The typical blurry cell phone videos from a disaster could be easily manipulated IMO.
Well there is some truth to that. There was one such incident that I can remember that happened locally. It was about police brutality and the video went viral and yeah for the reasons you would think. The thing is the video, which was taken by a bystander, was uploaded and started late into the incident, was only 37 seconds long and included false information.

Well the police released their dash cam video to the public and it showed a very different viewpoint of the whole incident.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/29684560/lenexa-police-explain-arrest-video-that-goes-viral-on-facebook

Some "celebrities'know more about many things than you do, some know less. Why should they stick to what they know best and everyone else shouldn't. If you are a baker by trade, should not express any opinions about race car driving or gardening? Just talk about baking? How ridiculous.

Some "celebrities'know more about many things than you do, some know less. Why should they stick to what they know best and everyone else shouldn't. If you are a baker by trade, should not express any opinions about race car driving or gardening? Just talk about baking? How ridiculous.

LOL, Maybe because when you say things like the Earth is flat you are just pretty much telling the world that you really are an idiot. Sure they can say whatever they want but maybe they should think twice when what they say is so absurd.

The difference is that baker who may or may not know a thing about anything else isn't likely to be handed a microphone on live TV with an audience of millions. And in the event they wind up a finalist on "Spring baking championship", they're not going to use any of that time to talk about race car driving or gardening.

There are plenty of outlets by which celebrities can espouse their views without forcing them on audiences that tuned in for an awards show or all-star game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter