Which bldg at POR?

lovemy2girls4eva

DIS Veteran
Heard it’s a huge resort with a lot of walking. Which bldg would you recommend for the one closest to bus stop without having a preferred room. Thanks

Riverside has 4 different bus stops so you have a lot of options for being close to a bus stop. West depot is picked up first, so best chance for a seat, South is picked up last so shortest ride to the parks. How many in your party will also determine what area of the resort you are put in. If you are a party of 5, you will definitely be in the Alligator Bayou section as those are the only rooms with the pull down bed. Here is a map:
https://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php

Riverside has 4 different bus stops so you have a lot of options for being close to a bus stop. West depot is picked up first, so best chance for a seat, South is picked up last so shortest ride to the parks. How many in your party will also determine what area of the resort you are put in. If you are a party of 5, you will definitely be in the Alligator Bayou section as those are the only rooms with the pull down bed. Here is a map:
https://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php

Thanks! We are a party of 5. I’m thinking of bldg 16

We have stayed at POR a number of times with 2 DDs including a stroller, and just chuckle when I read that it's a "huge" resort. The longest walk is about 10 minutes, I'm sorry but to me that is not that long and I'm totally out of shape:laughing: We would actually get off at the front of the resort and enjoy the relaxing walk back to our room towards the back of the resort, instead of rushing back. Of course, we have learned how to relax and take our time to enjoy the resorts etc.

I really liked Building 34 because it was so close to to the West bus stop, which was really great at the end of the night. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

We just stayed at Riverside last week and stayed in Acadian House - it is only a 4 minute walk to everything. Call a week before your stay and request it.

I've stayed at POR , many times. And it has been the worst at getting even the simplest requests met.

Whatever you do, don't bank on getting any room location request. Be happy if you do get it, not upset if you don't. Makes things easier.

I've stayed at POR , many times. And it has been the worst at getting even the simplest requests met.

Whatever you do, don't bank on getting any room location request. Be happy if you do get it, not upset if you don't. Makes things easier.

I faxed a request in December and we were not granted the request. We still had a great trip, and a couple of the more crowded stops, we were glad we ended up close to West Depot even though it’s not what we requested since it was the first stop and we got a seat on the bus:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!