• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Behind the Scenes Tours Do You Recommend?

Jabroniville

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I've done the "Keys of the Magic Kingdom" tour in 2014 and it was AMAZING. I skipped out on my 2019 trip and figured I'd do it again later... but of course 2020 happened, lol. It's recently become available, but it's all booked up during my trip I guess (I only just now realized I should look into that).

I did like the utilidor (much as it looks like a generic basement since they don't theme it, haha), and the information you get is terrific. It seems really popular if it's all booked out a month ahead (in 2014 I literally just asked the day before and they signed me up).

Has anyone done the other stuff? Which ones would you recommend?

We've done Caring for Giants and Up Close with Rhinos and enjoyed both. Here is a post I added to another thread awhile back-
Hi all! I've done the "Keys of the Magic Kingdom" tour in 2014 and it was AMAZING. I skipped out on my 2019 trip and figured I'd do it again later... but of course 2020 happened, lol. It's recently become available, but it's all booked up during my trip I guess (I only just now realized I should look into that).

I did like the utilidor (much as it looks like a generic basement since they don't theme it, haha), and the information you get is terrific. It seems really popular if it's all booked out a month ahead (in 2014 I literally just asked the day before and they signed me up).

Has anyone done the other stuff? Which ones would you recommend?
We've done Caring for Giants and Up Close with Rhinos and enjoyed both. Here is a post I added to another thread awhile back-

https://www.disboards.com/threads/animal-kingdom-tours.3891241/post-64188644

Another recommendation for Behind the Seeds, especially if you're a fan of Living With the Land, and/or a gardener at home.

Cool! Thanks everyone! I was thinking about the Rhino one for sure. Though I'm always afraid of anything animal-related given how often they can be disagreeable about letting people see them, lol.

I've done Keys to the Kingdom, Backstage Magic, Magic Behind the Steam Trains, and Behind the Seeds. Every one of them was great. Behind the Seeds is easily the best bang for your buck. Backstage Magic was an all day tour that went in two parks and took you to several other facilities nobody ever sees...best tour for someone who is a super fan or loves the operations side of things.

I had a bad experience with behind the seeds unfortunately. There was a couple on the tour who took every opportunity to ask question after question about problems in their home garden. “We have a plant with red flowers that is getting black spots on its leaves. What is it?”

After 90 minutes (and an expired fast pass to an attraction) we finally bailed on the tour. I don’t think we got half way through. We asked the CM if there was a way to exit early but they said we would have to wait until the end. But when they were tied up with the offending couple we just turned around and walked all the way back on the paths we’d come in on.

I’m sure the other couple thought they got their moneys worth out of it.

We also enjoyed behind the seeds @ the Land and thought the price was relatively inexpensive but don't recall exactly how much it was. With most tours, I find that skilled tour guides are good at keeping everyone on track and don't let one person/family monopolize the conversation with a lot of unrelated questions. Might also check the Disney website to see what sort of other tours are currently offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter