Where We Ate 11/18 - 11/26

PamNC

DIS Veteran
I thought I would post my dining reviews. We did the DDP for the first time. My short review of that is: it’s fine, but we probably won’t do it again. Reason being it’s too much Counter Service for our taste. I really like to have more sit-down breakfasts and who wants to use the TS credit for breakfast? Plus, it’s way too much food and I gained 3 pounds. I am glad we tried it, and we didn’t have one single solitary problem with the plan even when it came to splitting.

In my reviews, I won’t hit the CS places, unless I was really impressed (which did happen by the way). I’ll rate on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best.

Narcoosee’s. 4.5. Absolutely delicious and some of the best service on property. I would give it a 5 but my husband’s salmon was over-cooked the first time even though he made it a point to tell the server he really disliked overcooked salmon. But, the redeemed themselves because they got it exactly right the 2nd time around. This place is worth the 2 TS credits for sure. I had the filet. Excellent! For dessert I got sorbet and berries and my DH got something chocolate, can’t remember exactly.

Kona Café. We had breakfast here at our favorite place twice. Can’t resist Tonga Toast. Not to mention, they make good eggs. We had enough Disney Rewards points to use for our breakfasts here. I’ll give it the usual 5 for food and service!

Le Cellier. 5 for food, 3 for atmosphere. The only complaint I have is that this place is so popular it seems they have crammed more tables in there, and the atmosphere is starting to be “not as nice.” We called 2 months in advance and the only time during our visit that was available was a Wed @ 4:00. The dining plan is making it even more popular I think. We felt a bit rushed and we were sitting right outside the bathroom. However, my husband’s prime rib and my filet were perfect. The cream cheese mashed potatoes were fabulous. We both got salads as an appetizer. For dessert I got a blueberry cobbler type of dessert which was very good and I can’t remember what my DH had. I should have written my dining reviews sooner. Can’t remember things like I use to.

Artist Point. We had Thanksgiving dinner here and let me say that I’m NOT giving it a 5 based on a scale of 1-5. I’m giving it a 10!!! This was indeed the best holiday meal I’ve ever had. The smoked turkey was soooooo very delicious. I loved the mashed potatoes, green beans and cranberry dressing as well. And the pumpkin tart for dessert was to die for. Definitely worth 2 TS credits, heck, worth 3 TS credits. If I’m ever at Disney over Thanksgiving again, I’ll only dine at Artist Point. I love the place anyway, holiday or not. But, this was truly a treat and the culinary highlight of our trip.

Maya Grille. 4.0. The food was very good, so was the service. My DH got the seafood special which was pasta and lots of different types of seafood, which he loved. I got the filet, which was quite good, not as good as Le Cellier though. For dessert I had churros and again, I can’t remember what my DH had. We were pleased.

Raglan Road. Another 5! Food and service. As an appetizer (that darn dining plan!) I had goat cheese with watercress, fruit and nuts (can’t remember what it was called). DH had some fish appetizer. I just can’t remember what than man ate. My entrée was heavenly ham which kind of reminded me of easter dinner, and my DH had fish and chips. He actually let me try a couple of his yummy chips. My dessert was this rich chocolate thing that, of course, I can’t remember the name of but I remember it was my favorite dessert for the trip. Take a guess…I can’t remember what DH had for dessert. This was a true pleasure.

1900 Park Fare. I’ll give it an overall 3. Food was good, especially for a buffet, but it was so COLD in there we were miserable. I could feel the air pumping on my face. Plus, we were the only childless couple in there. Now, that’s not the restaurant’s fault. But, we concluded that the other character meals are a bit more “adult-friendly” and you don’t feel silly. This time, we felt silly and out of place. It was a mad-house. The food was pretty good, but I think it’s a bit “too formal” for the atmosphere. I mean a bunch of wild and wooly kids and all the characters…I don’t know. Something just didn’t fit for us. We’re glad we tried it, but we won’t go again.

Boatwrights. Had breakfast here. Delicious as usual. A definite 5. I love their version of French toast.

Boma. Had breakfast here. An absolute 5! This is not your average buffet. I typically don't like buffets, especially for breakfast but this is the exception. Loved the jungle juice. The ham, eggs, potatoes, everything was perfect and the service was as well. We'll definitely be back and we'd like to try it for dinner.

Tusker House. Here’s where I will make an exception and rate a CS. We had breakfast here and it was delicious. Had it been at a sit-down restaurant and on nicer plates, it would have been good enough for a nice TS place. We had eggs, bacon, hash browns…the usual stuff. It was nice and quiet sitting outside (and finally warm enough). We’ll definitely be back!

Seasons. Another CS review. Ate here twice. Once for breakfast, which was a 5. I had a bacon, egg & cheese croissant which was extremely tasty. DH had sushi for breakfast…so they counted it as lunch and let him get a dessert even though you don’t get dessert for breakfast on the dining plan. We had dinner there another night…I didn’t like it as much as breakfast. I had a chicken Caesar salad and the chicken was suspect. DH had tuna which he loved. I would give the dinner a 2, but my DH would argue that rating.

I’d be happy to answer any questions. Happy eating!

PamNC

Thanks for your reviews! Was Artist Point crowded on Thanksgiving? Just curious. I've never been to WDW on a holiday.

Great reviews, thanks for taking the time to post. :smickey:

Artist Point sounded wonderful, I've got to put that on my list for next time! ;)

Thanks for your reviews! I'm really looking forward to Narcoossee's. We've never been there. Boma is one of the best places for breakfast on property, no question! Did you get a Kenyan press pot? That's my favorite coffee and I have to buy several bags to take home with me every time we go to AKL! :goodvibes

Happy Holidays!
-Michelle

I'll answer some questions.

Artist Point was "full" on Thanksgiving but not overly-crowded. I saw a couple of empty tables, but they didn't stay empty for long. The service was fantastic...they didn't miss a beat.

We did not get the Kenyan press pot at Boma, because I didn't know about it. I'll certainly try it next time. We did get the Kona press pot at Kona Cafe. I love press pot coffee. I've asked Santa to bring us one this year.

PamNC

Loved your reviews, Pam! We'll have to give Tusker House and Seasons a try for breakfast, this trip. Did you happen to notice what time they switch over to lunch?

Pat

5 days and counting . . . again!

inky dinky doo said:
Loved your reviews, Pam! We'll have to give Tusker House and Seasons a try for breakfast, this trip. Did you happen to notice what time they switch over to lunch?

Pat

5 days and counting . . . again!

You should definitely give it a try - both places were yummy. And I'm a breakfast snob. Sorry, I didn't notice when they switch to lunch. I see you're going in 5 days - congrats. I wish we could go back NOW. I'm having post-Disney trauma. We bought annual passes while we were there (converted our MYW tickets to AP's) and we're itching to get back. Right now we're thinking May. But, I may not make it that long.

Have fun. Eat well.

PamNC

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter