where to watch?

firemist

Mouseketeer
anyone able to recommend some great places to watch speco, wishes and illumations, and how early do u need to hold the spot?

We just came back from our trip, and we watched spectro and wishes twice, so I can give you my advice there, but we didn't see illuminations at EC, so I can't help you there, sorry! The first time we watched SM/Wishes we we're right at the end of Main Street, just past KC hotdog stand but not on the bridge, and it was a great spot, one held the spot with the kids while the other ran for food, or took the kids to sit at the tables at KC's. For Wishes, it is great because you have a good view of all the fireworks and of the castle, since they do some lighting effects with that. The second time, we watched spectro just behind YE OLD CHRISTMAS shoppe(right across from hall of presidents), and that worked out better for the parade, because there are benches back there, but then we had to move for Wishes, that night we watched them from the bridge that connects adventureland to main street, whilee still good seats, not as good as KC's. As far as wait goes, we waited a while, but we had HEAVY crowds, your best bet is to scope out closer to parade time, or take 2 cell phones or those walkie-talkie's with the 2 mi+ range and send a scout up to see if people are gathering, and talk back and forth that way, or just ask a CM they have a good idea of how long in advance people are gathering. Hope this helps!

Can you just stand in the middle of Main Street and watch Wishes once it starts? I don't care about having a prime spot to sit in - I just want to be able to see it!

Yes Debbie, you can stand there,
after the parade, once it got closer everyone stood up to see the fireworks. The CM's do a very good job of roping of a "sidewalk" and ushering people down that want to get out, so you can just stand there and enjoy! Once the parade is over, if you want to be in the middle, just move to your desired spot in the middle of main street, you'll have to put up with the crowds passing by for a while. But once they start everyone will be watching with you !

Great! Thanks for the info! My family does NOT like to sit around and wait for parades and such. We'd rather ride the rides and just take what we can get about 15 minutes before! I'd rather stand in discomfort for 15 minutes to see a parade then sit in comfort for an hour just to have a spot to sit!

I waited on the bridge to tomorrow land one night as did many others...... and then saw not one firework for wishes!! ( Covered up by trees)Then later in the week we happened to be at Alladdin's flying carpet ride when Wishes started WOw what a show I had missed the veiw was fantanstic and there were no CROWDS there!! So sometimes you can find a good spot by accident. As for the Illuminations there really wasnt a bad spot anywhere in World Showcase. Also for the Spectromagic you really must grab a spot on Main Street early. If they have the 2nd parade later in the evening the crowd tends to be alittle lighter. Have a great trip! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We were just there last week when it was very busy and they were running 2 parades a night.

We found there were seats still available in Frontierland at 8:50. Curbside, at that.

We waited until the 11:00 parade and it was completely empty. There were still rocking chairs available outside of the shops.

We watched wishes one night outside Philharmagic. Too confusing. Some were to our right and some were to our left. The next night we watched from the left side of castle in the hub. Much better that before, but I still want to see it from Main Street.

You should have a great view of the fireworks wherever you have a clear view of the castle. Try the wooden bridge near BTMRR.

Also, while most folks crowd around Main Street for the parade, you can get a good seat ( less crowded ) in the Frontierland area (the end of the parade route for Spectro.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter