Where to stay???

jkjjhuddle

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I are going solo for our aniversary in May. I just went to WDW for the first time May 2004 and loved it! We are looking at the moderate hotels. Any suggestions????

Kristy

I'd say POR Riverside. Stay in one of the mansions. The grounds are so beautiful it makes a great setting for evening strolls together through the garden path and around the river. I have never had to wait for a bus or have had a really long bus ride to the parks. They also have a boat ride to DTD and you can rent boats and bikes at the hotel. princess:

My favorite moderate is also POR!!:earsboy: I prefer the Mansions also. I pretty much love everything about this resort and even prefer it to some Deluxes.

I couldn't agree more... Port Orleans Riverside. I've been to all the moderates, this one is the best (IMO).

I've stayed at all the Moderates (some, multiple times) and my favorite is Port Orleans -- French Quarter. I find it quaint and romantic, which is very amusing considering my first stay there was with my young daughter and my second stay there was with two of my favorite Dis ladies. Hmmmm... Please don't let my husband know. ;)

French Quarter was just refurbised and the grounds are lovely!

You can walk over to POR, Boatwrights rest, POFQ is the first bus pick up and drop off.

Seems there is a great division on DIS between those who love POR and thsoe who prefer POFQ :)

Why not take a look at the slide shows on allearsnet.com and see what you think? Not sure the photos are after renovations though.

Of course...at CBR you'll feel you've gone off to a Caribbean Island - it is also lovely!!

W/O kids? I'd stay where ever you'd never stay with kids. DH and I stayed at the POR on our own and I do have to say it was our worst Disney experience ever. Only bad experience, but bad, bad, bad.

DW & I stayed at Coronado Springs where we had a 2nd story lake view. One word...Beautiful!!! We've stayed at POFQ also. Of all the Disney resorts we've stayed at (see below), Coronado Springs is our fave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter