Where to stay...

But if they don't give you the excess funds in the form of a gift card, look into upgrading your dining plan or if you think there is the slightest chance you'll return to Disney (can be sometime in your lifetime), maybe you can upgrade your park tickets w/ the no expiration option. That is a pricey option though. If you use up all your park days it is unlikely you will use all the water park options so you will each have multiple water park days to use over a lifetime. But this is only if you end up having the $700 left over and there's no other way to use it.

That is a great idea!!

Edited my post above to say that adding the no expiration option or upgrading to deluxe dining are pricier than $700. Be sure you book your room before Aug 15th because that is when they say the booking window for the room discount ends!

That is a great idea!!

Edited my post above to say that adding the no expiration option or upgrading to deluxe dining are pricier than $700. Be sure you book your room before Aug 15th because that is when they say the booking window for the room discount ends!

Thank you! Yes, I noticed that cut off date! I am hoping I can talk to our travel agent on Monday and get everything started.

Any chance they get better rates??

Typically travel agents don't get better rates. She might be able to see if an annual passholder discount rate is any better and see if you guys are better off having 1 person buy an annual pass and the rest of you the park hoppers. But it looks like those Beach Club rates are 30% off and I don't think annual passholder rates are any better. Hopefully your agent has access to other pre-paid options (maybe tours or shows?) that can use up the excess to put you at $10K if they won't give it to you in the form of Disney gift cards or room credit.

Thank you! Yes, I noticed that cut off date! I am hoping I can talk to our travel agent on Monday and get everything started.

Any chance they get better rates??

Typically travel agents don't get better rates. She might be able to see if an annual passholder discount rate is any better and see if you guys are better off having 1 person buy an annual pass and the rest of you the park hoppers. But it looks like those Beach Club rates are 30% off and I don't think annual passholder rates are any better. Hopefully your agent has access to other pre-paid options (maybe tours or shows?) that can use up the excess to put you at $10K if they won't give it to you in the form of Disney gift cards or room credit.

That is what I sorta thought! That is why I wanted to plan it out and know whatever thing was going to be before I handed it over to them lol

just a thought..for the $700 you could almost add an extra night :woohoo:

You could do the package for $8301.66 then your $900 for airfare brings you to $9201.66 and then you could do Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party for another $292.63 and that brings you to $9494.29 and that would leave you with plenty of money to hire a car service to pick you up or you could rent a car. Good luck.

You could do the package for $8301.66 then your $900 for airfare brings you to $9201.66 and then you could do Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party for another $292.63 and that brings you to $9494.29 and that would leave you with plenty of money to hire a car service to pick you up or you could rent a car. Good luck.

I was just reading about that! I also thought about letting my girls do the Bibibbidi Bob Dress up thing??

Don't know much about that, my girls are older but if you did that do you have a boy that you would have to do something for also? The Halloween party is something that I think you all would enjoy. Maybe you have enough money to do it all?

also had a thought..could you drive to Knoxville to fly out (I think like 2 hours maybe?) and have more $$ to spend for WDW? I think those flights are at least $100 cheaper/person so that would free up a little resort $$ and allow you a little flexibility with travel dates. If you waited a week you and your DH could check out food and wine @ Epcot one day too!

For boys they have a makeover at BBB too (and it's pretty cheap) :)

also had a thought..could you drive to Knoxville to fly out (I think like 2 hours maybe?) and have more $$ to spend for WDW? I think those flights are at least $100 cheaper/person so that would free up a little resort $$ and allow you a little flexibility with travel dates. If you waited a week you and your DH could check out food and wine @ Epcot one day too!

For boys they have a makeover at BBB too (and it's pretty cheap) :)

He is 12 so pretty sure he wouldnt go for any makeover lol! He is the reson we would get the CL.... Food!!
Actually to fly out of our little local airports is way cheap... $60 each way!! It does fly into Sanford but that is okay!
When I was reading the events it looks like we might catch the end of food and wine at epcot. So that is a maybe!!

If all has to be spent would go to Poly as has largest rooms or AKLodge club level. we liked Wildnerness lodge also. we thought Beach club rooms small

If you want to do a moderate POR can sleep 5 and is just recently remodled and they do have Roal Rooms which is the Pirates ships beds. they have good pol we thought.

CBR needs a redo

it would be the beginning of f/w :) Ends in Nov

oh wow that's cheap!! yeah I was pricing MCO so they were a good bit cheaper thru Knoxville.

Could the travel agent arrange a car for the week if they can't give you the remaining $$ on a gc? I'd check into that. I'd not want to lose the $700+ rather pay out of pocket a little to get extras over 10k vs having that left over.

FWIW I'd do the Poly too but the BC is really nice esp the pool :) I love them both! The room at the Poly is bigger and I can tell the size diff but really you can't go wrong with either

FWIW I'd do the Poly too but the BC is really nice esp the pool :) I love them both! The room at the Poly is bigger and I can tell the size diff but really you can't go wrong with either

Okay so now I am looking at the Art of Animation.... the rooms look so fun! Anyone know how the pool is there? I know the advantages to BC are CL and close to epcot.... anyhing else a must by staying a deluxe resort verses the new Art of Animation?

Okay so now I am looking at the Art of Animation.... the rooms look so fun! Anyone know how the pool is there? I know the advantages to BC are CL and close to epcot.... anyhing else a must by staying a deluxe resort verses the new Art of Animation?

I almost suggested AoA earlier but wasn't sure if you'd give up BC for it. You'd have more room in the suites. The advantage of that is it's brand new and has the biggest pool of any of the resorts. If your kids don't mind sharing a pull out or pull down then I think it would be a great fit. Plus you get a kitchenette and 2 bathrooms. I think Storm Along Bay at BC will be way more fun though for your older kids though and the closeness to Epcot and DHS can't be beat but AoA would be a good bet for your family as well. If my kids were younger I'd def try a suite out sometime. We are better off in 2 rooms though we need S-----P-----A------C------E

If you want to save $$ on the resort and have more $$ for the extras what about a moderate? You could do a cabin or POR with a fam of 5. Don't rule those out!

I almost suggested AoA earlier but wasn't sure if you'd give up BC for it. You'd have more room in the suites. The advantage of that is it's brand new and has the biggest pool of any of the resorts. If your kids don't mind sharing a pull out or pull down then I think it would be a great fit. Plus you get a kitchenette and 2 bathrooms. I think Storm Along Bay at BC will be way more fun though for your older kids though and the closeness to Epcot and DHS can't be beat but AoA would be a good bet for your family as well. If my kids were younger I'd def try a suite out sometime. We are better off in 2 rooms though we need S-----P-----A------C------E

If you want to save $$ on the resort and have more $$ for the extras what about a moderate? You could do a cabin or POR with a fam of 5. Don't rule those out!

Ohhhh too many decisions lol!! Space and pool are important.... Love the CL too as i know my son will use it! Does AoA have any sort of slide?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter