• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where should we stay?

kydisfan

Mouseketeer
We are driving to Disney World the firstweek of October and are trying to figure out if we need to get a hotel room. We check in on a Sunday and our park tickets start on the Sunday. I would like to drive to Orlando on Saturday and get a room for one night and go to the parks first thing Sunday. I know it is costly to add a night to the room at the Disney resort so I would like to try to stay close to the property the drive in on Sunday.

Any ideas of what we should try? It is a 13 hour drive from our home and I get cranky when I have driven all night long.

I've done Fairfield Inn Lake Buena Vista and Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista for just this purpose. Both were just fine for a 1 night stay and puts you very close to WDW for checking into your hotel and heading to the parks in the morning.

I am doing the same thing next week. I haven't booked anything yet, but those 2 will be on my list for consideration. I will probably check hotwire the day before we leave to see if either of these have a good rate. I'd be willing to stay at most any DTD area hotel for 1 night at about a 2.5 star and above.

You can check out betterbidding.com to see a list of hotels that are usually available via hotwire or priceline. It will give you the hotels by * rating and what amenities are listed on hotwire/priceline for each hotel so that you have a better idea of what you are getting if you go that route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter