Where is the funnel cake? Updated 8/13/13 Finale!!

Stumbled upon your DR and read through the whole thing tonight. Loved all of your pictures. I am really hoping you ended up with a funnel cake before your trip ended.

Hi Carlaewalter,

Thanks so much, glad you stumbled my way! As for that funnel cake, I left off with purchasing it and we are taking it to the resort to eat as dessert. I will be posting the last meal installment tonight so stay tuned! See if we like the funnel cake or not.

Hey Karla that funnel cake makes an appearance finally! What a great value for a snack credit. I'm thinking I need to go to Sleepy Hollow and get one next trip. We'll see if I can work up enough appetite for one.
I've never had a Dole Whip, Pineapple float, or Citrus Swirl. Again, another thing on the list to try. I love pineapple so I'm not sure which to choose.
I love the idea of brining some sweets home to extend the Disney feel another day or two, or three!

Brenda,
It really is a good value for the credit! Ours was fresh and hot when we got it and had tons of sugar on top! Stay tuned for my review of the funnel cake. It might suprise you! And seriously, you have never had any of those sweet treats??? With as many times as you have been there, I find it hard to believe! You must try at least one sometime soon.

Hi Karla, glad to see you are still going !! Have I missed the funnel cake yet?

Hi Carrie,
As of the last update, we have purchased said funnel cake but not consumed it! Stay tuned to see how that goes. There is a curve ball thrown in this mix, don't miss it!

This has been a fantastic review. Thanks for sharing it.

Hi CaliBear,
Thanks for the kind words! Glad to have you reading along. It was a great trip and I really wanted to share it. Posting has been the hardest thing because so many times, life really gets in the way of reliving my dream vacation! Darn that life! :rolleyes1

Thank you for all the reviews! I love all the thought and detail you put into this. I swear next time I'm actually going to take pics and post reviews. I just get so distracted when the food comes to the table that I forget about anything but devouring it.

Thank you for all the reviews! I love all the thought and detail you put into this. I swear next time I'm actually going to take pics and post reviews. I just get so distracted when the food comes to the table that I forget about anything but devouring it.

Thanks Julie,
I appreciate your wonderful comment. Sorry it took me so long to reply, I have been away from my computer for a while. It was hard sometimes to take all the pictures and sometimes we didn't. We knew we were gonna do a dining review so we tried to remember each meal. It was hard since we had so many meals and there was 4 of us eating an app., entrée and dessert at each meal. We think we succeeded pretty well though. Glad you are enjoying the review.:thumbsup2

Day 8, The Last Supper, Landscapes of Flavor(s)
So, we have made it to the last supper. When last I left you, we had purchased our snacks and used up our snack credits and left the Magic Kingdom earlier than planned. Our original plans for dinner were to dine at one of our favorite quick service restaurants, Cosmic Rays. It is something we do every trip to Disney. This time we strayed from the plans and decided to have a bit of pool time (since the kids really wanted that) and dinner at the resort. Since we had seen menus, we knew that there were plenty of good things to choose from. So, after taking all our snacks and the infamous funnel cake back to our room, we then meandered over to the food court.
So DD said she wanted something small so she went with Macaroni and Cheese

100_3643.jpg

This was a kid’s choice but they let her have it with adult sides and drink. She liked it but she said it wasn’t anything super special.
I went with the Custom Burger - 1/3 pound Angus Burger with choice of cheese and toppings on a multigrain Kaiser bun with coleslaw or house-seasoned fries

100_3642.jpg

I know for a fact that this is what I would have ended up with if I had eaten at Ray’s so I went with it here. I love the burgers at CR’s, especially with the toppings bar. I thought I would have a good burger here as well. I was wrong, sadly, I was wrong. Not that I was starving mind you, but I wanted whatever I did eat to be good. This was dry and bland. I don’t think I have said that more that 3 or 4 times about food at Disney in all the times I have been there. This was not a winner at all. I should have done what my DH and DS did.
They both had the Surf and Surf Burger - Crab Cake topped with fried Popcorn shrimp, tomato, lettuce, and cajun reoulade on a brioche bun served with coleslaw or house-seasoned fries

100_3641.jpg

They loved this! I tried some of DS’s and man did I regret my choice quickly! I don’t ever order crab cakes and for the life of me, I can’t figure out why. I just think I wouldn’t like them, but I love crab. Why wouldn’t I love it??? I love crab cakes, at least on this sandwich. This was fantastic. It had different textures with the fried shrimp and the bun then the fresh lettuce and tomato. The crab cake had nice size chunks of crab in it. I would get this over and over again (oh, and so would DH and DS!)!!!

100_3644.jpg

These were our dessert choices. They were good. I had the pineapple and it was fresh and juicy. DH had the smoothy item and loved the flavors and the children had the coated marshmallows.
After this wonderful meal, at least for some, we headed to the pool then were going to have some dessert, including that funnel cake.
So, at this point we have had all ranges of meals from the Landscapes of Flavor(s) and I will say that they have a nice selection for all meals. While providing the “normal” choices for those that don’t like to take too many adventures when they eat, they also have many selections for those that like to wander off the beaten path and go into uncharted territory. Their name definitely says it all. Flavors, yes!

We are rating this a
3 ½ :fish: It has good food and many choices for all palettes. There are some misses amongst the many hits. Now I will qualify that statement by saying this meal happened in August of 2012 (because I have dragged out this report soooo long!) They hadn’t been open for long at that point. They may have worked out these issues. We would eat there again if we were at this resort again.

This meal cost us 4 CS credits or $69 or 17.25/credit.

Up next, dessert then the last meal, breakfast, then last comments on our favorites, least favorite and so on.

Finale​

Ok, so on our last morning we went to Landscapes of Flavor. Basically we had the same breakfasts as we had the first time we went to this location. We enjoyed the meal as much as you can, knowing that in just a few minutes you are leaving to get on the magical express bus but in the wrong direction. So we ate then went back to the room and got all our goodies an proceeded to go to check our bags in. A little while later we are on the bus and heading towards the airport. It’s about this time I turned to the rest of the family and said, “OMG, we left the funnel cake in the microwave…” and then my DD says “hope they do a good job cleaning, or else the next family will get a surprise when they open it, haha”

I know this took me a very long time, but now you all finally know where the funnel cake is and what happened to it! I never got to eat my beloved cake! So Sad. So that just means that I must go back again. And go back I will, we are planning a July 2014 trip, and I WILL get my funnel cake and eat it too!!!!!

DisneyMomFanatic said:
Finale
Ok, so on our last morning we went to Landscapes of Flavor. Basically we had the same breakfasts as we had the first time we went to this location. We enjoyed the meal as much as you can, knowing that in just a few minutes you are leaving to get on the magical express bus but in the wrong direction. So we ate then went back to the room and got all our goodies an proceeded to go to check our bags in. A little while later we are on the bus and heading towards the airport. It’s about this time I turned to the rest of the family and said, “OMG, we left the funnel cake in the microwave…” and then my DD says “hope they do a good job cleaning, or else the next family will get a surprise when they open it, haha”

I know this took me a very long time, but now you all finally know where the funnel cake is and what happened to it! I never got to eat my beloved cake! So Sad. So that just means that I must go back again. And go back I will, we are planning a July 2014 trip, and I WILL get my funnel cake and eat it too!!!!!

Awwwww. Maybe I'll plan a July trip and have funnel cake with you!:)

Awwwww. Maybe I'll plan a July trip and have funnel cake with you!:)

Do it, Do it, Do it! I would love to have more Dismeets when we go down next year. And if you are with me, someone can make sure I ACTUALLY eat the funnel cake! Cause I know my family isn't helping in that area, they all forgot it was in the microwave as well. :lmao:

Great report! Did you ever get a chance to total up the $$$$. We eat very similarly and I always second guess the DDP.....

Great report! Did you ever get a chance to total up the $$$$. We eat very similarly and I always second guess the DDP.....
Hi DCDisney,

Thanks for the kind words!

I know that we saved about 25% with the plan but having said that, we also left over 25% of the food uneaten. We were so full from all the food that we really felt obligated to order and try to eat. I would eat some appetizer and then the entrée would come out and 3 bites in, I was full at every single meal.

This trip we are planning for July 2014, we aren't doing the dining plan. We are eating at 2 signatures and 13 total TS meals. When I totaled out what we will be spending (approx.) based on sharing 2 apps, entrée each, and sharing 2 desserts (or getting out in the parks) for this trip we will still be saving over $2000 based on Deluxe Dining plan purchase. We love TS dining and regular plan doesn't work for us.

I found your review and read through the whole thing tonight. What a wonderful review! I can feel your enthusiasm when it came to the steaks at yachtsman. We will be trying this for the first time in 10 trips in Ocotber! You made me so much more excited :)

We did the DxDP on our honeymoon last September. We said we would never again. We were constantly full and felt like we spent half our time eating. It was great getting apps at each meal, though. Sounds like you guys enjoyed your trip a lot!!

I found your review and read through the whole thing tonight. What a wonderful review! I can feel your enthusiasm when it came to the steaks at yachtsman. We will be trying this for the first time in 10 trips in Ocotber! You made me so much more excited :)

We did the DxDP on our honeymoon last September. We said we would never again. We were constantly full and felt like we spent half our time eating. It was great getting apps at each meal, though. Sounds like you guys enjoyed your trip a lot!!

Hi Dreamsdocometrue,
Thanks for reading! Yachtsman was awesome. DH and I are going back next year to celebrate our 20th anniversary. the kids will be with us for the trip but we get 1 day to ourselves and we are doing Epcot and eating lunch at La Hacienda and dinner at Yachtsman just us two. Can't wait!!!

This was our first signature that we have ever eaten at and it was my 18th trip to the world. DH wasn't thinking they were a really good bang for our dining plan buck. Turns out they are! We loved our trip. We had the dxdp before and swore never again and then we did it again and swore again that we would never do again. We will probably do it again but I don't think it would be in summer (we don't seem that hungry in all that heat). If we do the DxDp again, it would be mostly signatures for dinners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter